The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 088:

“Em? Are you all right?” I asked as I looked towards Emily, who seemed to be wobbly as she made her way to the couch.

“Yeah- No- My head just hurts,” she mumbled and I sighed and watched her carefully, something was off.

“Are you sure?” Cassidy asked and Emily looked towards her.

“Cas? When did you get here?” Emily asked as she collapsed onto the couch.

“Just a little while ago, I managed to get here before Tyler left- You should have told him to stay, you’re not feeling well,” she said and I nodded my head.

“You know that I wouldn’t do that, Cas. Your brother has his own- Ow,” Emily held her head and sighed, “His own life, he needs to do things for the Bruins. I know he’s probably at the game more for the enjoyment, but Ty- He needs it, I don’t want him cooped up here babysitting me- Just like you two don’t need to babysit me.”

“We’re not babysitting you,” I said and Emily sighed and looked at me.

“Brooke, Ty told me that you would be coming over to check up on me,” she said and I smirked.

“Only because I love you and I’m worried, you’ve had this migraine for a while now,” I said and she sighed, “What are your symptoms?”

“My neck hurts, my head hurts, my eyes hurt, I’m sensitive to light and noises, I feel nauseas a lot and I’ve had a few dizzy spells,” she explained and I looked at her worriedly, “I’ve got an MRI in three days, so hopefully I can last until then. I think I’m going to go back into my nice noiseless dark room and just like die.”

“Let us know if you need anything, we’ll be out here,” Cassidy said and Emily nodded her head, but then looked to regret it and held it, groaning.

She sighed and then stood up slowly and seemed to need to freeze. Emily sighed and then started to walk around the couch, but stopped and gripped onto the couch.

“Em?” I called and looked at Emily to see her pinching the bridge of her nose. I stood up and took two steps forward and then yelled her name when I saw her falling to the floor, “Emily!” I yelled and jumped over the couch and looked at her on the ground, “Em!”

“Oh my god, what do we do?!” Cassidy yelled and I rolled Emily onto her side and looked at her worriedly.

“Call 911,” I said and Cassidy nodded her head and then pulled out her phone. I pulled out my phone and dialed Tyler’s number, nothing. I sighed and then tried again, nothing. I cursed and then called Brad.

“Hey babe, what’s up?”

“Emily fainted and we called 911 and I’m really scared and I don’t know what to do and I need your help because I can’t get a hold of Tyler and did I mention that I was really scared-“

“Whoa, babe, slow down, I need to catch up to what you’re saying,” he said because I was talking really fast, “Are you at Segs’ right now?”

“Yes, please come,” I begged.

“I’m on my way- Did you say you called 911?” he asked sounding confused.

“Emily fainted!” I said and looked towards Cassidy to see her still on the phone, “I can’t get a hold of Tyler.”

“All right, I’ll be there soon, just keep trying, babe,” he said and we both hung up and I looked towards Emily.

“Em, come on, please wake up,” I begged and then leaned down and breathed a sigh of relief when I heard her breathing. A few minutes later, Cassidy was off the phone and telling me that they were sending an ambulance. I just leaned over Emily and patted her cheek a little, hoping that she would wake up. Marshall trotted over to inspect what was happening, but I pushed him away and sighed. About ten minutes later, the front door opened and Brad ran inside.

“You get a hold of Segs?” he asked and I shook my head and watched as Brad came over and knelt down, “What was happening?”

“She was going to her room to lay down again and she just went down,” Cassidy said and Brad
nodded his head and pulled out his phone.

Brad tried Tyler again, but he didn’t answer, “All right, how long ago did you call 911?”

“We just got off the phone like twenty minutes-“ the doorbell rang, “It’s them!”

Cassidy ran over towards the security system and saw that it was the EMTs, she rang them up and then opened the front door. I looked at Emily and saw a pained look on her face, I felt Brad’s hand on my back and he pulled me into his side as we watched the EMTs rush in and over to Emily.

They asked many questions and I answered them all for them. We watched as Emily was placed on the stretcher and they hauled her out of the room and into the elevator. Cassidy and I were going to follow behind the ambulance while Brad said that he was going to head to the Garden to find Tyler, since he wasn’t answering his phone.

-Tyler-
I was sitting next to Tuukka, an empty seat on the other side of me; we were watching the Celtics take on the Heat. We were losing and I was really bored and annoyed that I forgot my phone in Lucic’s car and annoyed with myself for being too lazy to get it. We were towards the end of the second quarter; it was almost half time and I decided that that was when I was going to go to my car to retrieve my phone.

The buzzer rang and I leaned back in my seat and sighed in disappointment for the fact that we were losing. I stood up and grabbed my jacket, it was cold outside and I wasn’t leaving without it when I ran to Lucic’s car.

“You leaving, Segs?” Tuukka asked and I shook my head.

“Left my phone in the car,” I said and he nodded his head. I asked Lucic for his keys and then started to walk up the stairs and just when I hit the top, I heard my name being yelled and turned around to see Horton standing up, holding up his phone. I sighed and walked back down and over towards him.

“Marshy,” Horton said and then handed me his phone and I placed it up to my ear.

“Hey man, what’s up?”

“Why the fuck are you not answering your phone?!” Brad yelled and I winced because it was loud.

“I fuckin’ left it in Looch’s car on accident, I was on my way to get it now- Why?” I asked suspiciously.

“Dude, I’m outside, let’s go!” he said quickly.

“What? Why?” I asked worriedly.

“Dude, Emily’s in the hospital, she like fainted or something and is not waking up!” Brad said and my eyes widened and my teammates looked at me confused.

“Where are you at? I’m on my way?” I asked quickly and he told me that he was in the parking garage where we usually park, “I’ll be there soon.”

“What’s going on?” Horton asked as I handed back his phone.

“Em’s in the hospital, I’ve gotta go!” I said quickly and then saw Lucic stand up.

“You’ve got my keys,” he said and I stopped from turning and looked at him.

“Shit, my phone!”

“I’ll come with you,” he said and I nodded my head and the two of us walked up the stairs, threw the crowd and towards the door that we came in through. I saw Brad’s car, but rushed to Lucic’s, grabbed my phone and then hurried over toward Brad, “We’ll stop by after the game!”

“All right!” I yelled and threw myself into Brad’s car, “How is she?”

“I don’t know, I left to look for you,” he said and I sighed.

“Sorry,” I said and he nodded his head, “Like, what happened?”

“Brooke said that Em was going to go back to the room and she got really dizzy and just went down,” Brad explained and I looked through my phone to see that I missed a lot of calls and texts from Cassidy, Brooke and Brad.

We got to the hospital and Cassidy and Brooke were waiting in the waiting room, they weren’t allowed back there because they weren’t family. I ran up to the desk and waited for the receptionist to get off her phone.

“Excuse me,” I tried to say calmly, she just looked at me, motioned that she was on the phone and then turned her back to me, “Did she just-“

“Calm down son, I can help you over here!” another lady said from the other window and I moved over to it, “What can I help you with?”

“I’m looking for Emily Niskanen,” I said and she started to type away on her computer.

“Ms. Niskanen is going through an MRI as we speak,” she said and I sighed.

“Can I go back to see her?”

“Only family is allow-“

“Well she’s my fiancé,” I said and the woman looked at me, “Pretty sure that means family,” I growled and she looked at me and then handed me a visitors pass and told me where to go. I walked over towards Brad and the girls, “I’m going back, Cas, call mom and tell her what’s going on, Brooke, can you call her brother?”

“I don’t have his number,” she said and I dug through my phone and groaned when it was dying. I quickly gave it to her and she nodded her head and walked off to call Matt.

“It’s gunna be all right, Segs,” Brad said as he patted my shoulder and I nodded my head and turned to head through the doors and towards where Emily was.