The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 089

“Well there is good news,” the doctor said as he walked into the room and I stood up from sitting on the bed next to the still sleeping Emily.

“Is she going to be all right?” I asked, tired from being here for forever, annoyed that they wouldn’t let my mom, sister or friends back here.

“We did the MRI to see if there were any conditions in the brain and we were happy not to find any,” he said and I breathed a sigh of relief, “To me, this just looks like a typical migraine.”

“But she’s had it for over a week now,” I said and he nodded his head.

“It’s rare to last that long, but it does happen,” he said and I sighed and looked down towards Emily, “She needs to make sure that she keeps herself dehydrated, eating properly and getting enough sleep,” he said and I nodded my head, “Is there something in her life that could be causing her stress?”

“A lot of things,” I chuckled, “We’re getting married this summer.”

“Oh well, congratulations, and that’s probably something she’s stressing about- I know my wife did,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Why is she still not awake?” I asked and the doctor looked up from his clipboard.

“Oh, we gave her a sedative before we placed her in the MRI so that if she did wake up during that time, she wouldn’t panic,” he said and I nodded my head, “It should wear off in about an hour.”

“So when she does wake up, what’s going to happen to her headaches? How do we treat them?” I asked and then doctor looked at me.

“When we felt around her neck, we noticed that her muscles there were rather stiff, sometimes that could also lead to the painful migraines- Was she in a car accident of some sorts?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Over a year ago,” I said and the doctor nodded his head, “I don’t remember her getting them a lot after, this just started a week or two ago.”

“Well because she is under a lot of stress, the muscles are flaring up and tightening, causing the migraines. What she needs to do is at least once a month go to a masseuse or a chiropractor to get those muscles loosened up and she should be fine. We’ll go over this when she’s awake, but she’ll be all right,” he said and I breathed a sigh of relief and looked down at Emily.

-Matt-
We were in Carolina, we had a game the next night, but right now the guys and I were at a restaurant getting something to eat. I heard my phone go off and looked to see that it was a number I didn’t recognize, but the location was in Boston. I answered it and leaned back in my chair.

“Hello?”

“Matt? It’s Brooke,” I heard and remembered that name to be one of Emily’s friends.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked and James, who was sitting next to me looked at me, “Everything all right?”

“Tyler told me that he called you before, about Emily’s headaches,” she said and I sighed.

“Yeah, I talked to some of my family members, I guess a lot of women in our family get them, it’s because of stress,” I said and she sighed, “How’s her head?”

“We’re at the hospital right now because she fainted,” Brooke said and my eyes widened.

“Is she all right?” I said a little quickly, getting a few looks from my teammates.

“We talked to the doctors, they said that she’s going to be fine, just that once a month she needs to go see a chiropractor to loosen the muscles in the back of her neck, because that’s part of the reason why she’s having horrible headaches,” Brooke explained and I sighed, “She should be waking up any minute now, they needed to sedate her because they didn’t want her waking up while she was in the MRI.”

“Why’d they put her through an MRI?” I asked and rubbed the back of my neck.

“To make sure that it couldn’t be anything other than just a migraine,” she said and I nodded my head, “She’s all good, I just wanted to call you and tell you what was going on.”

“And you’re sure that she’s all right?” I asked and James gave me a confused look.

“She’s all right, Matt,” Brooke giggled, “She scared us all, but she’s all right now, I’ll have her call you later on.”

“Thanks Brooke,” I said and we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

“What was that?” James asked and I sighed and placed my phone on the table.

“Em was admitted to the hospital today,” I said and rubbed my face.

“She all right?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“She’s had a really bad migraine for almost two weeks now and I guess she fainted or something, but her friend just told me that the doctor said that she’s got a lot of tight muscles in the back of her neck and that part of the reason why she’s having head pains,” I explained and he and some other guys that were listening nodded their heads.

“She’ll have to get a rub down to loosen the muscles,” James said and I nodded my head, “I can do it for her,” he smiled brightly and I punched his arm, “Ow man!” he laughed and I rolled my eyes.

“Leave my sister alone, asshole! She’s getting married this summer,” I said and then sighed and watched James laugh a little.

“Relax, I’m just playing,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

-Emily-
I blinked my eyes opened and groaned, slowly moving my head around to see that I was in a dark room with little light shining from behind the closed curtains. I heard my name being whispered and looked to my side to see Tyler leaning forward in his chair and looking at me.

“Hey,” he smiled and cupped my neck, “How are you feeling?”

“What happened?” I croaked out and he sighed.

“You fainted,” he said and I looked at him tiredly, “How’s your head?”

“Hurts,” I said and he nodded his head.

“The doctor said that the muscles in the back of your neck are tight and probably one of the reasons for your headaches,” Tyler said and I just looked at him.

“One of the reasons?” I asked and he nodded his head.

“Stress was another one,” Tyler said and I sighed, “Are you stressed, babe?”

“Not really, or at least not as bad as you’re thinking I am,” I said and he looked at me, “I’m more upset than stressed.”

“About what? You know you can talk to me,” he said and I nodded my head.

“When you were away I was printing out the guest list for the wedding,” I sighed, “I was just looking at how many of your family members would be there.”

“Oh, babe, I’m sorry, I can-“

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence, you’re not taking their invitation away!” I said and Tyler chuckled and placed his hand on my knee, “It’s nothing, it’s stupid.”

“Nothing’s stupid, Em,” he said and I looked at him, “You’re wishing you had a better relationship with your family, but you know what?”

“What?”

“You’re coming into my family, you’re going to have that,” he said and I smiled towards him, “You’re going to be Emily Seguin the hottest Seguin out there!”

“Next to you,” I giggled and Tyler smiled.

“Of course, wouldn’t have it any other way!” he said and I smiled and placed me hand on his cheek, “I love you.”

“I love you too, Tyler,” I said and Tyler pressed his lips against mine and then leaned his forehead against mine, “Don’t go thinking that your feelings are stupid.”

“I’m sorry,” I said and I smiled towards me.

“I have a question,” he said and I looked at him, “I don’t know if I’m allowed to ask,” he said and chuckled, “But who’s walking you down the aisle?”

I smiled and looked down and then back up at him, “I was going to ask Matty. He’s my brother and really the only family member that I talk to.”

“I think that he’ll like that,” Tyler said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Speaking of Matt, you gotta call him.”

“Why?”

“Because we called him to tell him what was happening and he’s worried,” Tyler said and then handed me his phone, “You want me to go?”

“No, it won’t take long,” I said and he nodded his head and kissed my forehead, watching as I typed Matt’s number in and then putting the phone to my ear.

It didn’t take long, two rings and he had picked up, “She all right, Seguin?”

“Hey Matty.”

“Em, are you all right?” he asked and then sighed.

“I’m all right, sorry to worry you,” I said and he chuckled.

“How’s your head?”

“Still hurts a little, but it’ll be better,” I said and smiled towards Tyler, “Love you Matty.”

“Love you too, Em.”