The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 096:

-Emily-
Two months had pasted, there was less than a month until Tyler and I were to be married. School was out for me and the boys were in the middle of the finals. Boston was up against Chicago, it was Game six in the Stanley Cup finals and I was so proud of Tyler, he was playing his best.

I was sitting up top with all of the other wives and girlfriends; some family was here tonight too. If Chicago won tonight, they took home the cup, if Boston won, then they would go to Chicago and have one final battle for Lord Stanley.

Throughout the whole game Boston looked like they were going to win, they were going to get their chance in game seven. However, in the final seconds of the game, Chicago won, meaning that the season was over; the Chicago Blackhawks had won the Stanley Cup. I knew that Tyler was hoping to have the Cup at our wedding, we had a long talk, a long excited talk about having Stanley be there the other week, I was sad we weren’t going to get that chance now.

Brooke and I waited a while after the game, after the Blackhawks left the ice, each of them having the chance to raise Lord Stanley over their heads, to celebrate in the visiting locker room. We went downstairs to comfort our boys, it didn’t take me long to find Tyler, he looked as miserable as his teammates, I wasted no time in wrapping my arms around him and comforting in whatever way that I could.

“Baby,” I breathed and made him look at me, his playoff beard was full grown and I thought made him look even sexier than he normally was, “Let’s go home,” I said and he nodded his head, took my hand and stood up, he was already showered and dressed. I looked over towards Brad and Brooke and nodded my head towards them.

“Come on, Em,” Tyler said and I followed after him into the halls, we got all the way down the hall when Tyler stopped and patted down his pockets, “I forgot my keys in the stall, I’ll be right back.”

“Ok,” I said and leaned against the wall, pulling out my phone and waiting for him.

It wasn’t long before I heard cheering and then laughter, I looked down the hall and saw a bunch of boys chugging back champagne and throwing their hats in the air, ‘…Blackhawks…’ I thought and then just leaned against the wall and looked at my phone again, hoping they wouldn’t notice me, I was wrong.

“Well lookie here, boys! A pretty girl looking for a party!” the one said and I looked at him and rolled my eyes, “I think she’ll find one in my pants tonight!” I scoffed and listened to some of the guys laugh, “So what’s the pretty girl’s name? Eh?”

“Taken,” I growled and snapped a look at him, seeing the fresh cut on his cheek from when the puck slapped in the face that game.

“That don’t mean much to me- I’m a Stanley Cup Champ!” he said and the boys howled.

“And that doesn’t mean much to me,” I said and then stood up straight, only to be pushed against the wall, “Let me go.”

“I’m Andrew, what’s your name?” he smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Let me go,” I snapped again.

“Aw, what’s your name?!” he whined.

“Her name’s Emily Niskanen,” I heard and looked past the boy to see another one of his teammates, “Let her go Shaw.”

“Come on Kaner, I’m just trying to have some fun! We’re celebrating!”

“Not with her,” he said, looking annoyed, “Get going.”

Soon it was just the two of us and I looked at the guy in front of me, I knew him, he was Patrick Kane, “How did you know my name?”

“I was teammates with Tyler in Switzerland,” he said and I remembered, “He talked about you all the time.”

“Oh, um, I guess congratulations are in order,” I said and Patrick smirked.

“Yeah, thanks,” he said and then walked over towards me, I flinched when his hand was on my shoulder, “Was hoping to see Tyler, but I guess he’s hiding. Tell him I’m ready for him to try next year.”

“Tell me yourself,” I heard and we turned our heads to see Tyler standing in the hallway looking at us.

“Segs,” Patrick said happily and then walked over towards Tyler, “It was a nice try, bud.”

“You got lucky,” Tyler said and then the two of them smirked and hugged each other, though I could tell that Tyler was putting on an act.

“I finally got to meet the girlfriend!” Patrick said and Tyler smiled.

“Fiancé.”

“Oh, yeah, that right, I forgot!” Patrick said and laughed, “You can put a mark that I’ll be bring Stanley as my guest.”

“Don’t be an ass, Kaner,” Tyler said and Patrick laughed and patted Tyler’s shoulder.

“I’m just teasing, I better get back- Nice meeting you Emily.”

“Nice meeting you,” I said and then watched as Patrick headed back towards his locker room.

“What was that about?” Tyler asked, walking over towards me.

“He saved me, I guess,” I said as Tyler and I started to walk out of the Garden.

“Saved you?”

“Couple of his teammates were being assholes and he made them go back to the other side,” I said and Tyler tensed and stopped walking, “I’m all right, Tyler- You don’t have to worry.”

“Who was it?!”

“Tyler, it’s nothing- Forget it, I’m all right,” I said and Tyler glared at the ground, “Babe, let’s just go home, I’ll fix you up some food, we can lay in the tub,” I ran my hands up his chest, “Come on.”

“You’re all right?”

I smiled and nodded my head, “I just want to make sure that you’re all right, tonight.”

-Tyler-
It was two days after the loss, a day after cleaning out my locker and I found myself helping Emily pack up the apartment. We were both going to go to Canada for the summer, not to mention that that’s where our wedding would be. We were mostly packing clothes, and everything else that we would need for the summer because I didn’t plan on coming back to Boston until training.

Normally in a few days we would be heading to Vegas for the NHL Awards, but because of the lockout, schedules were messed up and the season went on longer than usual, so they weren’t going to have it this year. Everyone who won an award would have it delivered to them and they would get a picture with it. I didn’t win anything this year.

I heard a voice throughout the apartment and walked out of the bedroom and towards the end of the hallway to see my mother and sisters there. They were here to for Emily, going to get the last minute things for her dress, a dress that she was going to be wearing in less than a month.

“I’ll go get her,” I said and mom nodded her head, I turned around and headed for the room. Seeing Emily sitting on the floor going through each piece of clothing she owned and threw them in either, ‘keep’ ‘give away’ or ‘summer’ piles, needless to say, the ‘keep’ pile was bigger than the ‘give away’ one, “Babe, my mom’s here.”

“Already?” Emily said and I chuckled and nodded my head, walking over towards her and holding out my hand, she took it and I helped her up, “All right, keep on packing while I’m gone, I shouldn’t be longer than the afternoon.”

“How long does it take for dresses to be tried on?” I smirked.

“Me, mines finished, I’m just trying it on and making sure everything’s perfect and then the others are trying on their bridesmaids dresses,” she said and I nodded my head, “I’ll be back later.”

“All right.”

“Love you,” Emily said and then kissed my cheek and headed out of the room.

-Emily-
“Oh, I’m so confused, I thought blue was the color of the wedding?” I asked walking in and seeing Brooke, Ashley, Amy, and Danielle, Patrice’s girlfriend all in a light yellow dress.

“Oh shit! Emily, you weren’t supposed to see!” Ashley hissed and walked over towards me, “It was supposed to be a surprise.”

“A surprise?” I asked confused.

“Tyler knew that you didn’t want blue, we all know your favorite color is yellow, so we changed it and wanted this all to be a surprise for you,” Brooke said and I looked at them, wanting to cry.

“Wait, so all this time I was planning for blue, you guys were planning for yellow?” I asked, almost laughing.

“Why do you think I wanted to make all the phone calls?” Ashley smiled, “Everything’s the way you wanted, but just the color you really wanted.”

“Awwww, you guys!” I smiled and then hugged all of them, “I love him.”

“Emily,” I heard and then turned around to see Jackie, Tyler’s mom looking at me worriedly.

“What? What is it?”

“It’s Tyler,” she said and my eyes widened.

“Is he all right?!” I asked frantically.

“Look,” she said and then handed me her phone.

I looked down and read the headline and gasped, “Oh no.”

“What? What is it?” Ashley and the other’s asked.

“Tyler,” I said and my eyes started to water, “He’s been- He’s been traded.”