Status: active people!

Violet

wolf necklace

I let out a sigh of relief when I had the last page of my thesis printed in my hand. 10 page on the theory of bone structure. You thought I was going to write about eye mutation didn’t you? I giggled to myself as I stapled my papers and gently stuck them into my folder. I glanced at Jared who was sporting my dark blue scarf. I rose my eyebrow at him.

“hospital residency? Remember? We have to go in like ten minutes.” He told me. Shit! I sprinted to my closet and picked out some clothes to throw on. I finished my makeup and turned to Jared who wore black slacks and a dark blue shirt and white tie. I grinned at him.

“look at that! We match!” I laughed. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand as we headed out the dorm. Jared and I always held hands which made people think we were together. i wrinkled my nose at the thought. Don’t get me wrong. Jared is an attractive man but I see him as my brother.

“I’m taking it we’re taking your car” he said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

“you know you love it.” I told him fishing my keys from my purse. He nudge my shoulder and jumped into the car. I followed his actions in the drivers seat.

“are we just going to ignore the fact that your car is a Herbie look-a-like?” he said. I giggled and started the car. Back when I was 16 my favorite movie was Herbie, so naturally I painted my bug to look just like the car.

“hey! Don’t diss the car!” I said. he rolled his eyes and poked my cheek. I winced and turned to glare at him.

“I’m sorry. I can barley see the bruise. I could almost forgot what happened yesterday.” He said. I turned my eyes back to the road. I knew this talk was coming. He felt guilty that a stranger saved me and not him. I let my mind wonder to the stranger. He said his name was Black. I smiled softly to myself. He was very handsome.

“you passed the hospital” Jared’s voice broke through my thoughts. I groaned and found a place to turn around. Jared watched me closely.

“stop staring at me.” I snapped at him. He chuckled and jumped out of the car. I glared at his back for a moment. I didn’t quite know why I was angry with him. Maybe because wouldn’t stop asking me about what happened. I sighed and stepped out of the car. We walked into the hospital and my stomach twisted uncomfterably. I grabbed jared’s hand.

“nervous?” he asked. I nodded. He grinned and threw his hand over my shoulder while still keeping my hand captured in his own.

“don’t be! You’re going to be an amazing doctor! They’ll love you!” he told me. I smiled meekly up at him.

“I can’t help it!” I exclaimed. He just laughed and kissed my forehead. We stood for a moment while the lady found the doctor who will be our tour guide. I looked around and couldn’t help but feel proud. This was my goal, to be a doctor. I grinned at jared.

“ I swear Lil you’re bipolar.” He said. I rolled my eyes but still laughed.

“we did it Jare-bear!” I exclaimed happily. He laughed and hugged me.

“yeah now all we have to do is find our soul mates and have a bunch of children” he said quoting an entry from freshmen year in high school. My eyes widened and I slapped his chest.

“you asshole! i was 14 when I wrote that!” i laughed. He begun to laugh with me until someone cleared their throat. We froze and slowly looked at the doctor looking at us. My heart jumped when I noticed it was Blake. Dr. Johnson.

“hello, how are you feeling?” he asked with a slight smirk. My face redden almost immediately.

“oh, uh, well, good” I stuttered. He was much more attractive then I remembered. He smiled at me. And motioned us to fallow him. I glanced at jared who looked at me with a wide smile. I glared at him.

“tongue tied Lil?” jared laughed quietly. My glare at him hardened.

“I hate you so much” I whispered.

“sure, sure. Hey! Here’s an idea, maybe he’s your soul mate!” he whispered back. I gasped loudly causing Dr. Johnson to turn and look at us.

“um…. Is that stain glass? God it is beautiful!” I faked. No one bought it but we continued on our way. Somehow Dr. Johnson ended up in the middle of us.

“how long until you can begin work?” Dr. Johnson asked. He was looking at me, his green eyes pierced my soul. How cliché.

“ in a couple weeks.” I told him unable to look away. He nodded and stopped in front of a room. I glanced into the room and my stomach dropped. A teen, maybe 16 or 17 lay on the bed. Bruises evident on her face. She held her abdomen as silent tears rolled down her cheeks.

“uh, doc, why are we here?” Jared asked warily as he looked at the scene. I needed to look away before unwanted memories filled my brain.

“what do you think happened to her?” Dr. Johnson asked us hollowly. I stared at her with sadness. I stepped into the room. Jared grabbed my elbow but I yanked it away. The teen looked at me worriedly.

“I’m not going to hurt you. What’s your name sweet heart?” I asked. I kneeled down in front of her so we could look each other in the eyes.

“T-t-t-tamy. What’s y-y-yours?” she asked. I smiled sadly at her.

“ Tammy is a beautiful name. mine is Lilly.” I told her softly. She smiled at me slowly. She reached out and touched my curls.

“I always wanted curly hair. They look really good on you. It nice with your eyes.” She told me. I watched her baby blues water slightly. “ he wanted me to have red hair.”

“did he do this to you?” I asked her softly. She nodded. I looked down at my hands.

“ he… he… he” she tried to say. I tucked a lock of her black hair behind her ear.

“I know.” I whispered. She grabbed my hand before It could fall in my lap. Her hands her pale and cold. “ I know, I know, I am so sorry.”

“ it happened to you to, didn’t it?” she asked. I nodded slowly. She shuffled around for a moment then held out a necklace to me. she set it in the hand she held.

“i..” I trailed off looking at the girl.

“Wolves, they protect their pact and they stick together.” she told me. I watched her as she whipped a tear from her eye. I smiled and took my own necklace; a silver rose wrapped around a cross, and gave it to her.

“Roses, they protect their beauty with thorns.” I told her. She smiled brightly at me and lounched herself at me. she hugged me tightly I was afraid her wounds would bleed. I patted her back. She nestled back into her bed and put the necklace around her neck. I did the same with my necklace. She looked at me tiredly.

“I’m going to sleep now.” She yawned. I stood and kissed her forehead.

“Come back tomorrow!” she said as I pulled away. I smiled and nodded.

“I promise.”

I walked past the boys and walked out of the hospital and to my car. I sat in the driver’s seat and held the necklace tightly in my hands. I closed my eyes tightly trying to forget.

~BLAKE POV~

I watched Lilly walk down the corridors of the hospital. She walked fast and slightly unbalanced. She was upset. My heart ached in a foreign way, it weighed heavy within my chest. I was drawn to her in an odd way. I needed to be near her.

“What happened to that girl?” Jared said, his voice sounding strained. I studied him for a moment. He was tense, his muscles tight under his shirt. His hands balled into fists. It was obvious that his mind was in the past.

“She was raped.”

~LILLYS POV~

I changed into my pajamas and poured myself a drink. It was, of course, an alcoholic drink. I sat and stared out the dorm window. The campus was quite. Trees scattered here and there between the buildings. I sighed and took a big gulp of my drink.

“soul mate, eh?” Jared said as he took off his tie. He sat next to me.

“Shut up, jare-bear” I told him quietly. I took another gulp of my alcohol. I winced as it burned down my throat.

“You can’t drink away your problems, Lil” he said. I finished off the tall glass.

“I can try.”

“No you can’t!”

“And why not!” I shouted. I stood to refill my glass but he took it from me.

“Because you matter! Lilly! That girl is depending on you to show her that the pain isn’t all she will feel! She just wants to know she’ll be okay! That you are okay!” he told me taking my shoulders. I sighed knowing he was right. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I rested my head on his chest.

“I’m sorry” I whispered. He wrapped an arm around me and rubbed my back.

“It’s okay” he said into my hair. I nodded knowing it was true. I had him and a promising job, I would be okay. I hoped.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter two!
comment and tell me what you think? maybe? please.
ENJOY!
-R