Status: active people!

Violet

silly boy

i sat in the plastic chair provided for me. I looked at Tammy with a soft smile on my face. She was writing down music she wanted me to listen to. I had been coming to see her for the last week. She had bleeding in her brain and had to stay until they could figure a way to fix it.

“Okay here’s the list.” She said handing it over. I skimmed the list chuckling when I noticed we listen to the same music.

“Okay, I’ll take it home and give it a listen “I promised her. She smiled at me and nodded. Her rose necklace shined in the light making me smile. She hadn’t taken hers off, I the same. She blushed and bit her lip. “What?”

“That doctor likes you.” She giggled. I blushed lightly and shook my head.

“No, he has a girlfriend I’m sure.” I told her. She giggled. She looked up and grinned at me. I raised my eye brow at her and followed where she was staring. There in his tight blue button up was Dr. Johnson, or, err, Blake, as he told me to call him. My cheeks turned red as I wondered if he heard us.

“Mr. Blake?” Tammy called for him. He smiled and stepped into the room. He stood behind me patting my curls.

“Yes?” he asked. She grinned at me giving me a wink.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” she asked him. My jaw dropped at her bluntness. I stared wide eyed at her.

“That’s hardly appropriate, Tammy.” His voice sounded uncomfterable. I wondered if anyone else could hear my heart pounding away inside my ribcage.

“Please, I’m just curious.” Tammy said smirking at me. That little devil.

“Well, I guess no, I don’t have a girlfriend.” He said shifting his weight to the other foot. I rubbed my forehead trying to rid the forming headache.

“No one remotely interesting. Maybe red curly hair?” she hinted wiggling her eyebrows. Blake lifted his hand from my hair and took a step back. I glared at Tammy meanly.

“This is not a discussion topic.” He said. A tone of authority lay in the depths of his voice. I flinched automatically. I stood flattening out my shirt.

“I need to get to class. I’ll see you tomorrow Tammy.” I told her. My eyes lingered on Blake for a moment before I turned to leave.

“Good job” Tammy said sarcastically. I paused by the coffee machine. I punched the buttons with more force necessary

“Stupid. Stupid. Stupid” I muttered to myself. Of course he was interested in some on else. Why would I be special? I’m not I’m just a freaky girl. No I was a woman. A freaky woman. I sighed leaning my head against the vending machine. He would never see me past that. Hell that was all I was now a days. I groaned and grabbed my coffee.

I began walking to my car only to run into someone. The fresh made coffee spilled over my chest burning the flesh. I hissed in pain and tightly clutched my eyes shut. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I yanked it away. I was furious.

I opened my eyes to see Blake staring down at me. My fury only grew. I glared at him and tried to walk past him. He only stepped in my way. I growled and tried to push past him but he was to strong.

“What?” I finally snapped. He just chuckled and grabbed my hand leading me down the hall. I hated the fact that his hand was so warm around mine. I hated the fact that I felt secure with him guiding me.

“Here, I keep a spare shirt. You can change in my office.” He told me. I stopped and stared at him.

“Why?” I found myself asking. He looked down at me with a soft smile.

“Because you are dripping coffee. Come on, don’t be difficult.” He told me pushing me into the office. I grumbled curse words under my breath but changed into the shirt none the less. I knocked on the door telling him it was safe to come in.

“Thanks… for the shirt.” I mumbled. He chuckled and nodded. He sat in a leather couch in the corner of the room. He patted the seat next to him motioning for me to follow. I rolled my eyes and did so.

“That was quite the little talk with Tammy back there.” He said smirking down at me. I watched him closely weary of his actions.

“Yes. Well she is quite the kid.” I told him. I played with the bottom of my borrowed shirt. I tried to ignore the fact that his scent was embedded into the shirt. Honestly he didn’t smell that bad. Almost like the forest after a heavy rain.

“I hope it hadn’t offended you.” He murmured. He picked up a red curl playing with it slightly.

“Why would it?”

“I don’t know.” He said slightly uncomfterble. I giggled at him and sat back on the couch. I watched him as he studied my hair.

“Well. Only slightly offended.” I told him. He looked at me with confusion written in his face.

“Why?”

“I don’t know” I said coyly. He caught on to my game and rolled his eyes.

“Silly girl” he chuckled. I nudged his shoulder.

“Silly boy.” I laughed. He laughed with me and nudged my shoulder back.

“I was wondering if you’d like to have dinner?” he said, back to playing with my curls. I giggled deciding to mess with him a little.

“Oh yes, I love dinner. It’s my favorite meal of the day.” I told him. I left out the fact it was the only meal I ate but he didn’t need to know that! He looked at me oddly, a small smile playing his lips.

“I mean have dinner with me.” He clarified. I nodded.

“Oh, well, I guess if it’s with you.” I drawled. He rolled his eyes and tugged my hair gently. “Yes, I would love that.”

“Great! It’s a date. 8 o’ clock then, tonight.” He said with a grin. I smiled and nodded. I jumped up and stretched my back. He stood also.

“I’ll see you then. Jared will love this. He’ll have the dorm all to himself!” I giggled. Blake laughed with me and pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back. We stood there for a moment before he let me go.

“Till then.” He said. He kissed my cheek and released me. I was opening his door before he called back to me. “Hey, Lilly? You know, I do love red curls.” He was referring to what Tammy had said. I giggled and blushed before stepping out of his office. Eager to get home and tell jarred of my date.

~~

”you got a what?” Jared said as I dug around my closet. I glared at him before I threw a heavy dress at him.

“A date. I got a date.” I told him. He gasped and fell back on my bed.

“No way! With whom?” he asked in fake shock. I stuck my head back in the closet trying to find the perfect outfit.

“Blake.” I told him.

“Who? Oh! That doctor! I knew he was your soul mate!” Jared shouted in glee. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Oh what ever. Help me find something to wear.” I told him. He chuckled and joined me in my search.

“So how did he ask you?” he asked as he examined a blue tank.

“He spilled coffee on me.” I muttered looking at a black skirt. I decided I hated it and threw it over my shoulder.

“He spilled coffee on you?” he repeated halting his search to look at me. I glanced at him and giggled at his face.

“Yes, Mr. grumpy gills. He spilled his, well, my coffee on me. It was an accident really.” I told him. Jared watched me for a moment before pulling out a purple shirt. He clicked his tongue as he threw it over his shoulder nearly hitting me in the process.

“I hope he doesn’t get in the habit.” He said. I nodded looking at the red dress I wore to the bar.

“He won’t.”

“Uh-huh” he said. I glared at him before going to look at another piece of clothing.

We finally decided on an outfit and I set off to put it on and make myself pretty. Looking in the mirror I decided a Smokey eye shadow effect would look best on my eyes. It took me nearly an hour to do my hair and makeup before I decided I looked presentable. As I walked out of the bathroom I heard a knock on the door. I giggled to myself and crossed my fingers hoping tonight would go well.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments appreciated!
ENJOY
-R