Status: Slow

I Breathe You In

5

-Jaime's POV-

Vic was rushed to the local hospital, we alerted our tour manager who got to work on changing our schedule and alerting the fans to an 'incident'. Tony and I ran as fast as we could through the hospital trying to find the front desk so we could ask where Vic had been taken.

We were told that we couldn't go in and soon we were met by Mike, his face was pale and his hair was dishevelled. "W-why?" He croaked. I stood up and hugged Mike tightly, he held me close to him and both of us sobbed. Tony sat texting various people, including Papa Fuentes, telling them what had happened and where to find us.

Tony's always the calm ones in these situations, he keeps us all sane and stops us from trying to kill one another. Touring with your friends is fun but after a while the smallest of things get on your nerves. "Guys," Tony piped up. I turned to look at him and he pointed behind us to an approaching doctor.
"Hi, you're Victor Fuentes relatives?" We all nodded, if we'd had said no we were just friends they would only let one of us in. "Well, you can follow me," He smiled.

All three of us followed him down the corridors to find that Vic had already been moved onto a ward. "He's got several stitches but don't worry, they're dissolvable, you won't need to bring him back. He didn't lose as much blood as we first though but he'll be quite drained.

"He needs to rest for the next few days and we'll keep him in overnight to keep an eye on the medications affects, it's just to stop the pain and anxiety. I'll leave you to it." He left the room.
"Thank you," Mike mumbled.

I walked over to Vic's head and stroked his hair, he was fast asleep, making small raspy sounds as he breathed. I smiled at his sleeping figure trying to hold in my tears, Mike was holding his hand and shaking his head. I carried on stroking Vic's hair as we spoke amongst ourselves, we were well aware that it was only two visitors per bed, but none of us wanted to miss him waking up.

"Dad?" Vic's eyes were open and he blinked a few times. "Where's Dad?" He looked at Mike for an answer.
"On his way, thank Tony." Vic and Mike both smiled at him gratefully.
"Jaime..." He looked at me, his brown eyes gazing into my own, I stared at him and swallowed the lump in my throat. "Tone, Mike-"
"Already gone," Tony sighed. He stood up and pulled Mike out of the room by the hand.

"Vic, I'm sorry I made you feel so bad," I let a tear slip down my cheek. "I didn't mean to... I'm sorry... This is all my fault."
"I shouldn't have reacted like that... I was stupid I didn't think. I just... I thought you would know how I- How I feel about you... and I was scared y-you don't want me..." I felt my eyes widen.
"I want you... I-I have for a long time Vic... I'm sorry I hurt you." I perched next to him on the bed. He moved slowly so he could rest his head in my lap. I stroked his hair again, I love the feeling of it falling through my fingers, it was always so soft.

"Maybe we shouldn't be together...We're both not ready for it yet... Are we?" I looked at him watching his face fall and his eyes leaked and he shook his head. "Vic... I just want what's best for you and for me..." I sighed and kissed his forehead. "Do you want to... I don't know... Give us a shot?" I looked at him as he sat up slowly, wincing at the pain in his arm.

"C-Can we? I-I just..." I nodded cutting him off from what he was going to say with a gentle kiss. I felt him respond to me, I rested my hand on his cheek holding his face against mine. I let my tongue flick out against his lips asking for permission, I felt his lips part and allowed my tongue entry.

I heard a cough from behind us and both of us flicked out heads around blushing deeply in embarrassment, as we saw Papa Fuentes standing behind us smirking. "I knew this would happen. You two have always been more than friends in my eyes," he chuckled. "However, I would rather not deal with your public displays of affection." He smiled. I crawled off Vic's bed, still red in the face.

I took a seat to the side of the bed whilst Vic hid behind the locks of his hair. He looked so vulnerable, and I could finally protect him as my own.
"Why did you do it this time Victor?" I watched Vic's father sit on the bed and hug his son tight. Vic leaned into the embrace and I watched.
"I didn't want to accept who I am... And Jaime kissed me then left and I was scared... I panicked and I changed, then Jaime found out what I was and I guess I was just overwhelmed Papa," He looked up at his Dad with innocent eyes and I smiled weakly.

Nothing mattered more to me then how Vic felt. I just wish he had never hurt himself because of me, I felt so guilty. It's never been my fault before, ever... The other times it was always due to strangers hating on him, teasing him and yelling abuse at him. I don't know why he still wants me.

"Jay?" I looked over at Vic he was watching me. "Why are you frowning?" He asked, he cocked his head to the side and I smiled.
"I was just thinking," I grinned and took a seat next to him on the bed. He snuggled into my side and I wrapped my arm tightly around his shoulders.
"About what?" He sighed in content, a small smile gracing his lips.
"Nothing important, nosey." I flicked his nose and he pouted.

Mike and Tony came back onto the ward, they had their arms full of treats, Mike was carrying a tray of coffee and Tony had his arms full of chocolate and various packets of sweets. From Jelly babies to Redvines, now this is the reason I'm in this band.

I made grabby hands to a bag of twizzlers and Tony chucked them to me. "Want any Vic?" He shook his head.
"Why not?" I gasped.
"I'll just steal yours when you're not looking," He grinned. I hugged the packet closer to my chest.
"Noooooo," I pouted. He leaned up and pecked my lips then rested his head back on my shoulder blushing behind his hair.

"Waiitt?! What!?" Tony grinned, he put the bags of candy down on the table and grinned pointing at the two of us. "When did this happen!?" He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG TIME NO UPDATE I'M SO SORRY :c

So yeah, GCSE's Imma blame those toolboxes, really it's cause I'm lazy but y'ano. C+S Pleeeaassseee