Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

So What If I Can't Forget You?

"Are you sure you wanna do this Vic? I mean you love the kid?"
"Yeah and that's the problem. He's a fucking kid! Come one Mike? Why did I think this relationship could ever work out?"
"Hey, you were in love. You weren't thinking clearly."
"So what I'm about to do, it's the right thing?" My brother nods his head. "Right now, it's the only thing you can do."
Knock Knock
"Shit! He's here." I slowly get up and peak out the blinds. I quickly open the door and Kellin smiles brightly. "Hey Kellin, this is my brother Mike." They shake hands and Mike walks out the door.
"I'll see ya later." Nodding in his direction, I barely notice Kellin walking in.
"So Vic, why did you call me here?" He sits down on the couch and pats the spot beside him. I hesitantly sit down and sigh. I don't wanna make this any harder than it needs to be.
"The police said they're going to drop all the charges against me." Kellin wraps his arms around me and smiles. "That's great! I'm so relieved." I unwrap his arms from my body and look away. "Yeah but Mr. Way called this morning. I lost my job."
"Vic, I'm so sorry. None of this would have happened if it weren't for me." This disappointed in his voice just makes me wanna kiss him..but I can't do that.
"Don't blame yourself. I'm the adult in this situation, I should have known better."
"No Vic, we're both at fault here." I shake my head and let out a loud cry. Kellin jumps back and his cute smile converts into a frown.
"What's wrong?"
"Everything! Look Kellin, I don't wanna do this but I have to." I grab the tickets out my pocket and shove them in his hands. "W-what are these?"
"Plan tickets to Colorado. I have a cousin who lives out there. He's willing to take me in until I figure things out."
"You-you can't leave me. I love you."
"I love you too but Kellin, I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving next week." I see a few tears stream down Kellin's face and it breaks my heart. "When will I see you again?" Oh no, here comes the hard part.
"I doubt we're ever see each other again. I don't plan on returning to San Diego."
"What about us?"
"Kellin you need to be with someone your own age. I'm sorry but it's over between us.
"No! You can't just leave me like this, not when I need you the most. Please Vic, I thought you loved me."
"I do love you. Don't you ever doubt that. I just need to get away."
"From me?"
"From everything! I need a fresh start." Kellin's eyes suddenly widen and a small smile plays on his lips.
"Why don't you take me with you?"
"You have still have six months till graduation."
"I can finish school in Colorado. Come on Vic, it will be perfect."
"I can't take you with me. I already said it's over."
"I don't want it to be," Kellin whispers quietly.
"Neither do I," I say before opening the door. "You should go." Kellin slowly gets up and lingers in the doorway. "Don't forget about me." I hear him say. I can't even bear to look a him. I slam the door in his face and run to my bedroom. What have I done?
*A week later*
Just as I'm about to board the plan, I hear someone call my name. I turn around see the one face I've been missing all week. "Kellin! What are you doing here?"
"I'm going with you. i can't help it, I'd follow you to the ends of the Earth."
"Oh my gosh! You're so romantic."
"I know," he says smugly. "Come on." I grab his hand and pull him into the plane.
"Our forever starts today."
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't the end. Just wait till the next chapter