Status: Will be updated at least once a week.

Redefine Me, Redesign Me

Breathe

Ellie had woken up in the grass of this graveyard more times than she can count, or cares to, and today was no different. She let out a low grown as the toe of someone's shoe tapped her shoulder. She couldn't for the life of her think of a reason why that would be necessary and she probably would have told the person responsible just that if he hadn't sounded so irritated.

"Miss, you aren't allowed to be in here the gates don't open for another hour," he grumbled.

This guy was obviously new. Usually a grounds keeper by the name of Carter woke her up and sent her on her way wishing her a nice day. Then again Carter was a much older fellow and probably understood why someone would want to sleep on a deceased loved one's grave. However this guy was younger and looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Where's Carter?" Ellie asked curious as to what could keep Carter from his work. She sat up slowly and didn't miss the eye roll she received in return from the new guy.

"He's on his way over here which is why you need to leave," new guy said letting the anger seep into his tone.
This time Ellie rolled her eyes as she pushed herself up off the ground.

"Look buddy I get that you're new here-" she didn't get the chance to finish her thought before Carter was greeting her.

"Good morning, Ellie," Carter called out as he approached the two, "I hope Randal here isn't giving you any trouble."

Ellie's smile was smug while she answered, "I was just about to explain my situation but I suppose I won't have to anymore," she gave Randal a meaningful look before saying her goodbyes, "But I really should be going."

And with that she began making the trek back to the fence that lined the lot. In much the same fashion as she had the previous night, Ellie climbed up the fence pushing herself over and letting herself fall the short distance so she landed on her feet on the other side. She wasted no time running across the street to her car and making her way back to her soon to be old apartment.

----------------------------

"Someone looks like they spent the night in a certain graveyard," Casey, one of Ellie's best friends and current roommate, called out from the kitchen.

"Is that where that smell is coming from?" Brady, Casey's twin brother, teased waltzing out of his room. Brady was also one of Ellie's roommate and friend, though he liked to pretend that she is his sister as well.

If Ellie was being honest with herself, something she strived to be all the time, she knew that she loved it. She had always wanted an older brother which is something she found easily in Brady.

"You're going to miss me so much," Ellie told Brady pointing a finger at him and backing into her room that held nothing but a duffle bag and one towel.

If Ellie was still being honest with herself, she had definitely meant to end up in that grave yard last night. Before she had even left for that family dinner Ellie knew that she was going to be sleeping somewhere away from the apartment that night, and where else would it have been other than the grave yard?

-------------------------------

"You know you have a lot of heavy shit for being just one girl moving into a nearly fully furnished house," Brady complained plopping down on the couch that Ellie couldn't say was very pretty, yet it wasn't all together ugly either.

They'd managed to move all of the boxes into the house. They had given up taking them upstairs and had only managed to get Ellie's bed and other bedroom furniture up to her room. Ellie didn't mind lugging the boxes around later. It would give her something to do in her down time.

This house was old. Ellie could feel it, maybe even smell it a little. She would definitely be picking up some air freshener when she got around to grocery shopping. It was a good space though.

Walking in the front door you could see straight to the exterior wall in the living room. To the left was a dining room that already had a six person table sitting in the middle of it. You could see the doorway that led to the kitchen from there. To the right was a set of French doors that led to an unfurnished room. Ellie could use it as an office or another guest room. When you walked further into the house you were met with the living room and the kitchen off to the left while a hall way stretched off to the right. Down the short hall was a laundry room and a bathroom. And at the end of the hall was a door leading to the small attached garage that Ellie couldn't ever see herself using. Just after the hall was a set of stairs that led upstairs. Ellie's bedroom, the master bedroom, was to the left and had its own bathroom while to the right was a guest room. Straight ahead was a small bathroom that had a shower but no bathtub.

Over all Ellie was pleased with the house. She might have to buy herself a new living room set and put the renter's furniture into storage but to Ellie that wasn't a big deal.

For the first time in her life she had a place that was completely her own and she loved it.

Of course she wouldn't know anyone here once her friends left. Which is something they had to do. After all, they had jobs to get to the next day.

So the all ambled over towards the door. Brady stuffed his hands in his jean's pockets and Casey folded her hands in front of her. Ellie could tell they were reluctant to leave her but she knew she needed this. She wrapped her arms around Brady first hugging him tightly. It took him a moment to respond having momentarily forgotten how to move, Ellie's abruptness had that sort of effect on some people. He encircled her in his arms and rested his chin on her head, seeing as he was a great deal taller than her. Brady let go and took a step back. Ellie grinned up at him letting him know that she was ready for this.

"You'll be great," he encouraged before pecking a kiss to her forehead and walking out the door.

Casey took a slow step towards Ellie.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Casey asked.

Ellie's brow furrowed noticeably. "I can't be in sycamore anymore," she admitted, "I can't stand it. I need a fresh start and what better place than somewhere like Maryland?"

Casey didn't have a response for that so in place of words she wrapped her arms around Ellie's tiny frame and gave her a tight squeeze.

"You know I'm going to be worried sick about you, right?" she groaned as she clung to Ellie.

Ellie chuckled hugging Casey with just as much force. "You wouldn't be you if you didn't," Ellie mumbled.

"Brady and I aren't giving your room away it will be there whenever you need it," Casey promised pulling away and giving Ellie a smile.

Ellie smiled back and nodded. She didn't want to tell Casey that she wouldn't need it. She knew that Casey didn't want her to say it, because in the back of Casey's mind she wanted Ellie to come back that night. She didn't like the idea of Ellie living so close to a city like Baltimore. But Ellie always wanted to be close to a city, especially one like Baltimore. And when Ellie wants something she typically goes after it.

So without a word Casey gave Ellie one last half smile which Ellie returned and turned on her heel walking out the door and joining Brady in his truck.

Ellie leaned against the door frame watching them as they backed out of the driveway of her new home and made their way back to her old home, leaving her completely alone.

Completely alone in a place where no one knew her.

And for the first time in seven years Ellie felt like she could breathe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those of you who have subscribed here's an extra chapter for the week. Comments wouldn't hurt :)