Status: REVISION HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE - Will update when possible!

Playing the King's ***

I Pledge Allegiance To My Daddy

After the previous day of scrubbing, breaking countless fingernails and sweeping out the servants' quarters, getting to know the other lower class staff and using what I had observed from my Father of negotiation, I secured a job working in the Royal palace at Kensington.

One particular maid I had come to like very much was named Betty. She had kept me company while observing my day's work yesterday. I had to have an observer in order to be trustworthily accepted into the workplace, of course. She had given me a good report and of course I was accepted, which in turn made me very fond of the lady. She was a tall woman, thin with long legs and a well sculpted face. She had a tough persona, not wanting to let people in at first meeting. Her eyes were deep set and drove into you like needles, though there was a certain degree of warmth after the hard exterior faded. By the end of the day we were joking about trivial matters. I had not told her of my provenance.

Today I was officially working in the palace for the first time. It was four o'clock in the morning and I was washed and ready to begin work. My clothing was dull; a brown, thin skirt with cheap petticoats and a dark stay to prevent obvious stains for a longer period of time.
Crossing the path I had walked just the day before, I made my way to the special entrance only for the serving staff. The pace of my breathing picked up anxiously as I pushed open the heavy door and stepped into the narrow stone hallway, obviously a floor lower than where the royalty actually was.

The morning began slowly as I cleaned the lower floors, but as I reached the upper levels in the afternoon, I began seeing figures of clear authority emerging. I had not noticed myself moving towards the more elegant areas of the palace due to my focus on the jobs at hand, but I found myself in a washroom on the second floor. I first of all swept the floor neatly so that it was clear of any trace of spaniel fur, before scrubbing with water and beginning on the walls.
I felt the sensation of being watched, before a knock sounded on the open door and I turned to see who was there.

"Good day wench," said a beautifully handsome man, wearing fine clothes and holding a black cane, which he danced around his right hand as he stood and looked me up and down. Being referred to as 'wench' was something to get used to, as I had to remember my social standing had changed somewhat since leaving home. I curtseyed to the gentleman and returned to my duties.

"My name is John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester. I have been watching you work for the past ten minutes or so." the handsome man said in a sultry tone. I stopped dusting the walls and surfaces and turned to him.

"Is that so, Sir Wilmot?" I said, smiling with just one corner of my mouth. He nodded, mirroring my expression.
"Well, what else can I say? I'm an intriguing individual it appears." I said, returning to my cleaning again.

"Indeed it does." The deep, husky voice mumbled, closer to me this time. I felt a warmth spread across my entire back as John pushed himself against me. I breathed out a shocked gasp as I hit the wall in front of me gently and Rochester put his head on my shoulder.
"Never before have I seen a maid so clean, precise and hard working as you. Neither as honest, outspoken and non-submissive. You are different to the other lowly working girls here. What is it about you?" He mumbled in a well spoken manner into my ear. I glanced sideways to catch a glimpse of his expression. He was awaiting a serious answer.

"That would be telling Sir..." I whispered, smiling and feeling slightly breathless. I felt my skirts raise and a hand touch my slit. I breathed out a pleasured gasp. The court was very different to what I had expected, even for the times.

"Call me Johnny. Now, tell me where you are from." He asked through what sounded like lustful, gritted teeth, moving his hand in circular motions and making me convulse slightly in uncontrollable waves of pleasure.

"My father is Mr Arreton. I, uh, ran away for want of escaping, mm, the overtly extravagant lifestyle we had... Oh yes..." I whispered, dropping my cloth and breaking every few words to acknowledge the extraordinary pleasure being given to me by this man whom I had only just met.

"I knew you were of wealthy origins. You deserve better than this. Know that you are welcome in my bed chamber at any time..." Johnny mumbled into my ear, his hot breath clinging to the moist skin of my face as I became flustered from what he was doing to me. I turned my face to his and gasped again, before he brought his lips to mine and kissed me ferociously. I kissed him back, matching my outspokenness from earlier by not being afraid to lead the kiss myself.

"It seems that you are not the typical woman... I shall enjoy getting to know you." Johnny said, pulling his hand away from me as I moaned one final time before placing his fingers in his mouth.

"As I will you, Johnny." I whispered, before kissing him again and tasting the remnants of what he had just had in his mouth.

His hand dragged across my chest as he turned and left the room, leaving me in a state of bewildered excitement for what was to come. This was most definitely not how I had imagined my first day to have been, but I could tell my time here was about to get even more interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her first bit of court action and it's only her first day!

Rochester was a bit of a debauched man-whore anyway, syphilis sent him mad in the end, so I thought of a good storyline that begins with ol' Johnny Wilmot.

Hope you like this chapter - I'm not a fan, but you may well be.