Status: whenever i can

Familiar Faces

So close

We have been travelling in the car for 2 days now whilst stopping over at motels to get to New York to get Sam. Dean finally got over the fact that i was coming with him and was actually talking to me. Well actually we were talking quite a lot. Turns out we have a lot of things in common. Good music taste. Good taste in cars. However i could see Izzy feeling excluded in the back. I told her at our first night in the motel to go back with Cas. Dean wasn’t so sure but in the end she went with him. It was only one more day of driving away until we got to where Sam was being held hostage by the vampires. Dean said they probably just saw him and knew he was a hunter and decided to take him. He didn’t seem so worried about them hurting him. He said ‘they will wait it out until we come along, and then there are more of us for them’.
We were getting closer to the motel and i started to get tired in the car and started to fall asleep. I was soon awake with Dean putting his hand on my thigh and squeezing it followed by him saying in a raised voice ‘Han! No falling asleep only 15 minutes away from the motel. Ok?’
‘yeah..yeah’ i mumbled giving a yawn ‘when we get there i have first shower to wake me up.
Dean nodded his head in reply but kept his hand on my thigh. He was either unaware that it was still there or he wanted it to stay there. Well he did keep it on their even when turning around corners so he must of wanted it there. My emotions finally came across. I wanted it to stay there as well. It felt re assuring being with someone like Dean all the time. He actually looked out for me and protected me and also wanted to be my friend. I had never experienced that before with a guy like him. Well i guess we come from familiar backgrounds.
He went and checked into the hotel and got some food from the store whilst i took our stuff in and had my shower. This was the first time in the last week or so there was a decent shower in our room. I stood there embracing the hot water. I was never a fan of taking long showers i preferred to get in there and just do what i needed to do. However this time it was different i just let myself relax for once. The last couple of days had been intense and had taken its toll on me.
I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel and dried some of my hair off. It was still wet as i came out but it didn’t bother me. I saw Dean sitting on the sofa watching tv and drinking a beer. He looked at me and a slow smile can on his face. Every other time i remembered to take my clothes into the bathroom with me so i didn’t have to come outside in just a towel.
“sorry! Forgot to bring my clothes in with me”
Dean just smiled “no, its fine trust me” he said with a wink raising his beer bottle and taking a sip.
I walked over to my bag and started rummaging through my clothes to try and find something. I was hurrying otherwise it might get awkward between us. I got up holding my clothes to my chest. I spun around and was taken by shock when Dean was standing right infront of me. I was so surprised i ended up taking a step back and my foot caught the edge of my bag making me lose my balance. Dean gripped the top of my arms and brought me back onto my feet.
“thanks Dean” i said with a smile looking up at him.
He stared down at me making our eyes lock “no problem” he said with a slight smile.
Our eyes stayed locked for what seemed like a lifetime. I got lost in his gorgeous green eyes and his strong grip that he still had on my arms. They loosened and moved down to my waist and pulled me closer to him. We studied each other’s faces trying to see what we both wanted. He moved my wet hair away from the front of my face and stroked his thumb over my cheek. He pulled my face towards his and my heart rate shot up. He must have felt my cheeks go red and a deep chuckle rumbled from inside of him as we got closer and closer. We both closed our eyes to be interrupted by somebody opening the door. We both literally jumped away, i ran into the bathroom with my clothes and heard Dean mumble ‘dammit Cas, why now?’ of course Cas heard and questioned why he shouldn’t of come now and Dean didn’t want to explain so just got Cas talking about where he had been. I got dressed and heard a knock at the door.
“come in!” i shouted loud enough for who i assumed was Izzy to enter. As she opened the door i saw Dean look my way and give me a weak smile and i returned one as he sat on his bed with a sigh and his head in his hands.
Izzy walked in with her eyebrows raised.
“oh don’t judge izzy.”
“i didn’t say anything”
I stared up at her and we both let out a light chuckle.
I was sitting on the lid of the toilet and she came a kneeled down to my level and grabbed my hands.
“Next time he goes in like that... you make sure it happens. Well i think he might make it happen more than you will by the look on his face when we came in.”
We both left the bathroom smiling earning raised eyebrows and questioned looks from Dean and Cas. I went and sat next to Dean on his bed which i don’t think he was expecting. I didn’t want things to be totally awkward between us. He looked at me and smiled and we all started talking about what we were going to do when we got to the Vampire den tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you are enjoying this story so far!