New American Classic

Don't Blow It

-Dan-

Why was that the strangest, yet best experience I’ve had in awhile?

I thought was I waited for the elevator to stop on the lobby floor. The girl that fell on me was so odd, yet beautiful in her own way. It’s like her eyes burned right through me, but in a good way. She seemed spacey though as if she didn’t know where she was… I couldn’t sleep due to various variations so I decided to head to the garden that sat on the side of the apartment. It wasn’t much but if I ever couldn’t sleep that’s where I’d go for peace.

When I got down there the city seemed almost abandoned, much quieter then earlier. A single streetlight hung dimly above the bench I usually sat at. To most this would be creepy and unappealing but the isolation it gave was calming to me. I sat down instantly and looked up at the overcast sky. The sun wouldn’t be up for awhile so I had some time before people started gathering around to see the freak staring at nothing. I tried my best to think of ideas for my next video, but everything else in my mind was being overwhelmed with the thought of the girl I literally bumped into earlier.

“Lola.” I said her name aloud.

Her hair was a pastel purple, her black roots showing at the top. Her eyebrows were dark, indicating that her natural hair was a darker brown. Her eyes though…they were a piercing green color that you could almost see through. She was different then what I imagined American girls to look like, she was almost mysterious looking. But there was just something about her that caught my attention. She seemed guarded, like she didn’t really want to talk. Yet I think that’s why I can’t stop thinking about her…I need to get to know her.

-Lola-


A loud banging came from my front door. My head was pounding, and my stomach was pleading to be fed. Again the knocking came rumbling through the apartment.

“Jesus Christ.” I groaned, forcing myself up.

With my eyes half closed I stumbled through each room, trying to get to the door as quick as I could to stop the disturbance. Three more knocks came, even louder then before.

“I’M COM-…”

My knee collided with the coffee table violently.

“FUCK!” I screamed, putting my hands over it.

I limped my way to the door, ready to tear into whoever was intruding in my sleep.

“Jesus, it’s fucking 10 o’cl-…” My words stopped mid sentence once I swung open the door to see an unexpected figure standing there with an appalled look.

I bit down hard on my lip, and let my body flop down to the ground landing on my butt.

“Lola.” Dan cried, crouching down to my side. “Are you alright?”

I looked down at my knee, then back to Dan. The collision with the table did more damage then expected, blood trickled down my shin and all over my hand.

“I…I was still half asleep. I ran into the coffee table.” I cried, holding back tears of embarrassment.

Awesome Lo, now he thinks you’re a vulgar klutz.

“I’m sorry.” Dan groaned, moving my hand away from my wound. “I shouldn’t have woken you.”

My heart shook a little bit, he thought it was his fault.

“No.” I exclaimed, a little ruder then I intended.

Dan jumped a bit, I’m sure he was ready to run.

“I…it wasn’t your fault it’s ok.” I reassured calmly.

You really know how to fuck things up don’t you? Now the kid probably wants to run and never speak to you again because you scolded him. To my surprise Dan only smiled, pushing himself back up to standing position.

“Where do you keep first aid?” He asked.

My mind was racing he was trying to help?

“Uhh...uhh in the bathroom.” I finally got out. “Above the sink.”

“Right.” Dan nodded, then vanished towards the bathroom.

Was this really happening? Am I still hallucinating from last night? There’s no way Dan, a stranger I just met last night was here in my apartment tending to a freak injury.

“Dan!” I called, still on the floor.

“Yes?” His voice called still in the other room.

“Did you find them?” I asked, suspicious that he was snooping where he shouldn’t be.

Almost instantly he appeared back in front of me, shaking the box of bandages and bottle of antiseptic. I smiled, relieved and reached my hand out to take them from him. He didn’t give them to me though; instead he sat on the floor next to me and wiped the stray blood away from my skin. I watched silently in amazement as he went through each step to make sure my wound was perfectly fixed up. The antiseptic stung as it dripped over the gash, I winced.

“Are you ok?” Dan asked fearfully.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at his concern.

“I’m fine Dan, it just stung a little bit.” I assured with a grin.

His eyebrows connected with doubt but he went back to his nursing. When he was finished he stood up, then stuck out his hand to help me up.

“Thank you.” I said quickly pulling my hand from his. “And I’m sorry for seeming like an ass this morning.”

Dan laughed nervously, and shoved his hands in his pockets.

“It’s ok.” He said looking at his feet. “I shouldn’t have bombarded your door.”

For some reason I couldn’t stop smiling. There was something about how timid and sweet Dan was that made my stomach twist pleasantly and my lips curve upward permanently.

“No really.” I started placing my hand on his arm. “You’re fine, I asked you to come didn’t i?”

The jolt of electricity that flew through my body affected Dan too because his face turned a bright pink at the touch of my hand. We looked at each other silently and it took everything I had not to just attack him right then and there.

“Well I guess I should let you go back to sleep.” Dan said slightly upset.

My lips pulled into my mouth and my eyes brows furrowed.

“No, no!” I almost pleaded. “Stay, please I’ll make us some uh tea or something.”

I tried desperately to get him not to go. These brief meetings weren’t enough I needed to get to know Dan, and it needed to happen ASAP. He smiled again, and let me lead him to my kitchen.

“This is a nice place.” He complimented sitting at the breakfast bar. “I like the balcony.”

I turned to smile at him from the opposite counter.

“Thanks.” I said, “That balcony is probably my favorite part.”

Aside from a certain neighbor…

The thought caused me to jerk a bit & clear my throat nervously…I turned back to my coffee pot. Dan hopefully didn’t notice.

“Yeah, I don’t have one on my side. I have to go downstairs to get air.” He chuckled.

“Y’know.” I started, placing a coffee mug in front of him. “You can come over whenever you want, my balcony’s always in need for some company.”

Woah Lola that was a little more flirtatious then was needed.

My face started to burn, and my hands started shaking.

“So I take it you like Hello Kitty.” Dan commented, flickering his eyes over my Pjs.

I choked quietly on my coffee, his sudden remark catching me off guard. Oh god he checked you out. I smiled creepily, attempting to cover my embarrassment.

“Uh yeah.” I said dumbfounded. “I’m sickly obsessed.”

Dan grinned a cheeky grin and took a sip from his coffee.

“I’d like to take you out Lola.” He finally choked out.

My eyes widened and I’m pretty sure my head was ready to explode. Dan noticed my sudden reaction and frowned a bit.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized again. “That was really forward and weird.”

I chewed nervously on my lower lip, putting my cup in the sink. I stared at the dirty dishes for a minute, and then glanced at the tracks that lined my arms. I almost forgot that I needed a fix ASAP. Dan cleared his throat… I was taking too long to respond. I turned back around and leaned against the counter.

“I’d love to go out with you.” I finally spat out. “It’d be nice.”

I’ve never seen a guy smile as widely as Dan did when I agreed to our…date?

“Great.” He almost cheered. “Be ready by 7 tonight.”

My breath caught in my throat as I watched him walk out.

Holy shit…did I just agree to go on a date with Dan?

”Better not get too high…”
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback guys :)

Lila's PJs