Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

The Jaybird

Mitchell was in the first grade, sitting across from her number one, and the best partner ever Jamie. She knew Jamie thought that she was his girlfriend, which made her laugh to herself. Jamie was her partner for every project and every game the class would have. It didn't bother her, she thought he was cool, and he never failed to make her laugh. When she had to move away, she was sad that they would no longer be able to be partners anymore. Life moved on nonetheless.

In the fourth grade her mother told her she would be babysitting her friend’s children after school. Mitchell wasn't sure how she should feel about this information. Her mother informed her that it was two boys around her age and a girl she could play with. She just shrugged and went upstairs to do homework and play with Wendy. The next day at school went by as slowly as a day could go. Mitchell had to admit she was a bit curious about these children who would be in her home. After school she was so surprised to find Jaime sitting in her living room. She was so thrilled to see him, they hugged and he quickly told her that the other kids were his siblings. Then, like no time passed at all, they were talking like always. They spoke happily about anime they had recently watched like Marmalade Boy and Sailor Moon. Mitchell was happy to have her partner back. Then her mother walked in with the other two children, the girl Gwen and Jay.

Mitchell had instantly a crush on Jay; he was older with green eyes. He smiled so sweetly at her, that she knew her feelings were already reciprocated. She spent the rest of the afternoon stealing glances at Jay while Jamie chatted to her. She had no idea what Jamie was saying, she only knew that Jay's eyes were the most beautiful green she had ever seen. She soon heard that they boys would go home every day to fight over her, which she thought was very flattering. One day while playing truth or dare in the basement like they always did, they dared her and Jay to go in closet for five minutes, again.

“Well here we are again.” He smiled at her.

She smiled coyly, “yup.”

“Well we might as well talk about something.”

“We talked about everything outside, so I don’t know what to talk about.” Mitchell racked her brain for something to say.

“Well I like you.” Mitchell smiled and stared at the closet door as his words rang in her ears.

She didn't know what to say, she was just glad it was too dark for him to see her blush. He turned to face her, reached for her chin and sweetly turned her face towards him. Then he kissed her, his kiss felt like it would last forever and Mitchell enjoyed it so much. This was the first time a boy had kissed her who actually liked her too. She felt something so strange, like a spark. Afterward she and Jay were as inseparable and friendly as she and Jamie were in the first grade. She couldn't be happier.

When fourth grade came to a close, her mother announced that they would be moving to Puerto Rico. She said living in that house was too painful due to her father’s indiscretions. Mitchell was devastated and for good reason too, she would never again see Jamie, Gwen or Jay again.

Alice sat in Wonderland and watched a Jaybird fly past her. She smiled thinking of the sweet boy who once had a slight grip on her heart. The heart flowers began bloom around her and she sighed softly. I curled against her and she scratched behind my ears. I usually hate such cat like behavior but sometimes Wonderland gets the best of me. She laughs as the Jaybird kisses her face lightly, I could tell she was delighted in the memory she just relived. I purred as she sang a sweet song lightly under her breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think please ♥♥♥

Show me some love