Status: Progress Completed :)

UpSide Down Alice

Another Down the Hole

I watched Alice curiously as she climbed into the small tight walls of the tree room. I knew she hated tight spaces yet she was in an odd mood to punish herself. So she crammed into the small tight space and started to scream. I wondered for the hundredth time if Wonderland’s madness had finally gotten to her. I heard her hysterical laughter from the mushroom I was perched on a few feet away. I shook my head and turned my back towards her. These are the moments she prefers to be alone, yet I was ever compelled to stay just close enough to keep her from danger. I curled my tail down the length of the mushroom, sighing heavily as I waited.

I was unsure how long this fit would last but then again, I am sure even she was unaware of what was going on. I heard her emerge sometime later a twisted grimace on her face, somewhat reminiscent of the expression she used to wear before it all happened. I shudder at the thought of that past event and hopped down to see how she was feeling. Wonderland was bathed in darker hues, the sky was black, and the flowers were dull, the glow was even dimmed.

“How are we Alice?” I was cautious with this mood she was in.

“I hate him.” She dug her nails into her palms, eyes glowing with the passion of her words.

“Who dear?” I took another step forward curious as only I can be.

“Father,” her eyes were on a looming shadow in the distant.

I suppose I should have known the man who she despised would be here, that he would show up unwanted. I wonder if he knew that her hatred was angry, hurt and disfigured love that had no desire to hope any longer. The shadow lightly caressed the outline of Alice’s own shadow, not daring to approach Alice herself and yet she still cringed away from him. I hissed until he vanished, leaving Alice alone with a sick feeling and a frown etched into her face. I wanted so badly for her to smile, I hated when Wonderland grew dark like this. So with a few wishful thoughts and a smile Wonderland was a glow again yet Alice remained in her funk.

“The audacity of that man, coming here like that when he knows how much I wish to forget him.” She threw herself on the grass. “I have made my attempts to mend the relationship he managed to destroy and yet he only wants to be a father when it’s of a convenience to him.”

I watched her pull up grass angrily which no intention of relaxing until she was good and ready. So I, feeling hopeless, simply am lending my ear to her complaints. She had a list so long I was surprised that she even tolerated him in the slightest. She spoke of endless attempts to reconcile with him; even times where she herself made the first steps to fix them. He endlessly failed her; I could see why she spoke so her family with empty tones. I was disgusted at how inhumanly she has been treated in her life, yet she made it through it all. In somewhat good shape too, I curled up into her body and she relaxed. I knew that soon she would recall none of those moments from the past that it would blur into a nothing. I reassured her of this and she simply nodded, I wanted to tell she didn’t have to do this, she could just start over but instead I stayed silent. I didn’t want to start over anymore then she did.

“Help me!” A scream pierced through Wonderland, another had fallen in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please :)