Status: Done :)

Letters to Tammy

Letter One

Dear my precious Daughter,

Seven years ago a beautiful brilliant woman walked this earth named Tammy. She was so amazing the world could no longer contain her beauty and she had to leave. This woman was my beloved sister and very best friend in the entire universe. She and I would spend every second together laughing, sharing secrets, playing with each other’s hair. In two days you will be coming into this world and I will give all that I have to protect you. You will be the very best of me and your father in a small fragile package. I have been thinking a lot about you and the kind of special relationship I want us to share, so I have decided to name you after my personal hero. Your name will be Tammy.

I hope that by giving you this name you will have all of your aunt’s brilliance and more. That you too will enjoy life to the fullest, laugh at your mistakes and love deeply as Tammy did. I can only hope that by giving you her name that her memory will live on in the world and that you will grow to love her through the letters I have written to her over these years. You will never get to physically know your aunt but she will never be a stranger to you. You will hear her laughter and see her smile through the pages and pages of memories I have written out. I will tell you all the stories I can to make her real to you and so will your grandparents. Despite that being said this letter isn't about her, it’s about you. You Tammy are my new hero, in ways you will never know you have already saved my life. I will spend every waking moment showing you all the love I have in my heart so that I can watch you grow and love too.

Tammy there will be times in life when things get hard and you will feel like you can’t move on. I am here to tell you from now that you can. Nothing in this whole world will ever be too hard for you, it will seem that way when you are going through it but I promise you can make it. I will also be there for you as long as I can be. I promise to hold your hand when you are little, stroke you hair when you cry as a teenager, cry at your wedding and spoil my grandchildren. Above all Tammy I promise to love you more than life itself that is why I have chosen this name for you because I can think of no greater gift. You will have healed the wounds on mommy’s broken heart; you have already made me whole. I hope that I can instill the family values I grew up with into you, so that you will visit me a lot in my old age. There is one request I have for you my sweet little one, when I am in my older years, promise me that you will read my back my letters to Tammy. I want to always have her with us; I want her to always be by my side.

May your life be beautiful baby girl and may the world be your playground. May your world be filled with happiness and love. May you always shine just like your aunt did. May you be the light that shines brilliantly in my heart. May you laugh always just like your aunt did, and never let anyone try and stop you. I already know that you will be the most beautiful, special, smart, funny, and loving girl, so never forget it.

Love forever and always,
Mommy
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who read this story. Sadly though it has come to its end. I am truly grateful for the support you have shown. ♥

Please check out one of my other stories :)