Status: Slowly but surely

I'll Play the Romeo, You Play the Juliet

Four

I wake up to the sun rising as my alarm. I glance down to Austin’s arm wrapped around my waist, and slowly shuffle to face him. He looked so adorable sleeping, peaceful, sort of.

Suddenly, last night flashes back into my memory. Austin and I kissing outside of my apartment building, Austin and I on my bed kissing, Austin almost finding my cuts, me sobbing into his arms, him singing me to sleep. Before I realize, tears are streaming down my cheeks once again. My silent sobs shake my body enough to disturb Austin while he’s sleeping.

“Kaylee?” Austin groans, then notices my tear-stained face, “oh my god, Kaylee, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” I quickly stand up, and wipe my face with the back of my hand. I notice Austin isn’t looking at my face anymore, but at my legs. I glance down, and realize my shorts didn’t cover as much as I thought they did.

“Kaylee, please don’t tell me those are what I think they are.” Austin slowly addresses to my cuts and scars covering my thighs. Austin stands up, and takes my hands. “Please realize you are so much stronger than that, Kaylee. Nothing is worth causing this pain to you.”

My tears threaten to fall out once again, and I avoid eye contact with Austin. Biting my lip, I shake my head, “You wouldn’t understand.”

“Not if you don’t tell me why. I’ve been through a lot, too. I’m not forcing you to tell me, but please just know that I’m here and whatever you tell me will not be repeated to anyone else.” Austin responds.

And just like that, I break down again, crying in Austin’s arms as he holds me tightly. Once I can talk, I tell him everything. The bullying all throughout my school years, when I made my first self inflicted cut, my hospitalizations, my suicide attempts, my eating disorder, everything. Austin’s hand holds onto mine the whole time, and doesn’t interrupt me. After an hour or so, I told Austin about my whole life.

“If you want to just pretend that we never met, and that this never happened, I’m used to it. It happens once I let my guard down to anyone, so I won’t be surprised if you-” Austin’s lips cut off my words, perfectly molding into mine.

“I’m never leaving you. Not now, not ever.” Austin says after our kiss ends, holding my head in his hands still.
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS I AM SO SORRY OKAY THE FEW WEEKS BEFORE FINALS HAVE STARTED UP AND I'VE BEEN DROWNING IN ESSAYS AND PROJECTS AND THE COLLEGE PLAY SO HERE'S LITERALLY ALL I COULD GET OUT OF MY BRAIN, WHICH SOMEHOW IS STILL ABLE TO WORK WITH ALL OF THIS STRESS.

But seriously, I promise I'll have another chapter up by Friday, if I don't, I will personally give you my address so you can all come here and murder me.

I love you guys.