Status: Slowly but surely

I'll Play the Romeo, You Play the Juliet

Five

“So he’s in a band?” My mom repeats.

“Yes mom, he’s in a metal band that’s sponsored by Craig’s company.” I sigh, picking out my outfit for the night. Austin and I have been dating officially for about a month, and I thought it would be a good time to tell my mom.

“Well I would love to visit you sometime and meet this boy.” My mom continues.

“I know, Mom, but he’s going on tour, like, super soon.” I admitted.

“Tour?” My mom clicks her tongue. Shit, this isn’t good. “What will you be doing?”

“I’ll be staying back here, working. I‘m going to visit him once a month, the tour is just two months in America and Canada.” The words feel like a struggle as I try to keep my composure.

“Kaylee, how do you know he’s going to remain faithful?” Wow, those words were meant to sting.

“You wanna know how I know, Mom? Because he has been cheated on by his ex-wife while he was on tour, and she ended up having that man’s child. That’s how I know.” I spit out, biting back my tongue from saying more. The other end of the line is silent for a few seconds. I sit on my bed in my underwear, putting my head in my free hand.

“Well, I am sorry he had to go through that, Kaylee. I’ll be talking to you tomorrow.” My mom finishes and ends the phone call.

“Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!” I whisper-yell.

You see, my mom and I don’t really agree on most things. When I was growing up, it was ‘eat your peas, wash behind your ears, don’t talk to strangers, look both ways before you cross the street.’ Then when I was a teenager, things got difficult, ‘eat anything, show me your wrists, don’t come home high anymore, please don’t leave me here alone.’ I don’t blame my mom for worrying about me all the time, after all she was the one who found me unconscious in my room a month after my dad left us, but she just doesn’t know how to help sometimes.

After a couple of minutes, I start to get ready. I honestly have no idea where Austin’s taking me. He just told me to wear casual clothes. I throw on my jeans, and a black band shirt from my high school angst years.

Because Austin knows about everything, he’s taken away my scale and blades, and he spends the night at my place after dates to make sure I’m safe. I could never tell my mom that though, she would flip out if she knew I relapsed. I told Austin I wanted to take things slow, meaning we haven’t had sex yet. I don’t want him to see my scars, and slowly healing cuts.

My thoughts are pushed aside by my buzzer, and I hit the “open” button for downstairs. About ten seconds later, a soft knock is on my door. I open it to see a bouquet of different, beautiful flowers.

“Hey Kaylee.” Austin says as he hands me the flowers.

“Austin,” I begin, “These are gorgeous. Let me put them into a vase, and then we can get going.”

“Actually, I was thinking we could have a night in? I brought some sappy love movies. I’ll order some delivery, do you want Chinese or pizza?” Austin suggests as he follows me to the kitchen.

“We could do that. Let’s get Chinese, I’ve been having a craving for the Mongolian tofu we ordered last time.” I answer, cutting off the ends of the flowers to size, and putting them in an old glass vase.

“You mean the Mongolian tofu I ordered last time, and you ate mine instead of your order?” Austin cracks, and wraps his arms around my waist, and rests his chin on my shoulder. His body gives mine a tingling sensation every time he holds me. He slowly rocks me side to side while humming in my ear.

“Are you trying to make me fall asleep, babe?” I giggle and turn around to face him.

He leans in to kiss me, sending shivers down my spine. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he pulls me in tighter. Austin backs me up to the counter, picks me up, and sets me down, not breaking our kiss. I slip my tongue into his mouth, as I open my legs to have him against the counter, and closer to me. I wrap my calves around his back, and Austin kisses up and down my neck until he finds that one spot on my collar bone that drives me wild. I bite my lip, holding in a moan.

Austin hums into my neck, his lips buzzing on my neck. I groan as Austin’s lips leave my jaw, and pecks me on the lips.

“Why did you stop?” I ask, fake pouting.

“Because I’m hungry! And I’m better with a filled tummy.” Austin jokes, and pokes my stomach. My fat, disgusting stomach.

“Aye, no touchy.” I swat his hand away, trying to joke. I jump down from the counter, and begin looking for take out menus in one of my drawers, pulling out possible candidates.

xxx

After eating my entire order of tofu and rice, and splitting an spring roll with Austin, I prepare ourselves drinks.

“So, I’ve been thinking.” Austin yells from the dinning room.

“About?” I call back, studying my laptop screen for recipes of low-calorie drink recipes. I settle on the gin and diet tonic.

“About this tour. And how I’m going to miss you.” Austin walks into the kitchen, handing me the gin bottle from the fridge after scanning the computer screen.

“Yeah, I’m going to miss you too, but we’ve got it figured out. I’m going to visit you on those two weekends.” I start, feeling like I’ve said this five thousand times today.

“And I’m going to call you every night.” Austin interjects.

“Yes, poophead, I was getting there.” I crack, poking his nose, and handing him his drink.

He takes a sip before continuing, “Well, I talked to Craig.”

“About what?” I ask, “What are you trying to plan here, Austin?”

“Craig thought it was a great idea too.” Austin delays to bug me.

“Austin Robert Carlile, you will tell me what you two are trying to plot right now!” I command, grabbing the towel and whipping him on his arm.

“Alright! Alright! Ouch, stop hitting me!” Austin laughs out, and I smack him one last time before I set down the towel. “Okay, well, since this tour is going to be larger than really any other tour, other than warped, Craig and I thought that it might be a good idea to have an extra person to help us out. And Craig thought since you and I are together, you should come along and stay with us.”

My mouth drops in shock. Me? Going on tour with my boyfriend? “Really? What about-” I start before getting interrupted by Austin.

“Craig is having one of the office people taking over while you’re on tour with us, and you’ll be paid five dollars more than your current because it’s more labor and moving and running around. Plus you’ll get miles.” Austin rambles, “So are you interested? If not, tell me, honestly.”

“I want to go! Oh my god, Austin! I’ll go with you guys!” I yell out, and Austin pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

This tour may be the best two months in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, you officially can kill me for not updating on Friday, but I think that the fact that I got it still on the weekend is good?

Please comment and such!

Gimme your lovinnnnggg ;D