Status: Comments, please? They are the best inspiration i know.

The Time We Spent Is Now Gone, but Let's Get It Back

Fix It

I pulled out of the hug first, leaving Oliver stand awkwardly
When the lads left it was around noon and the twins were running around the flat, playing dinosaurs and chased Oscar while I sat on the couch, staring at Oliver whose gaze was on his kids. He smiled and looked happy, unlike I did. I was worried how well Oliver would manage stay clean, I was just afraid that he would go back into drugs.

‘Emilie.’ Oliver brought me back from my thoughts. I gave him a smile and got up, walking into the kitchen, being followed by him.
‘I know you don’t trust me.’ He sighed and leaned against the fridge, hands crossed against his chest. I stared at his tattoos.
‘Good, now I don’t have to say it to you.’ I tried to keep myself from crying.
‘I changed and I want to do something as a family.’ He sounded hurt, but I didn’t care, I just wanted my boys to be happy.
‘You don’t have time Oli, you need to start new record and you will be away from home.’ I sighed and took a glass from the cabinet, filling it with cold water.
‘We are going to record it here, in this flat.’ Oliver tried to smile. I just, I don’t know. I felt bad about being mean to him, but I needed to be, I needed to show him that he needed to earn my trust back, which wasn’t going to be easy even if I loved him, more than I should.

When I arrived home from dropping Oliver at the center, I fell on the floor, crying. Oscar sat next to me like he was trying to make me feel better. I remember Curtis walking over me, lifting me up from the ground and telling me I loved Oliver, which I tried to deny. It got harder every day and soon I realized I was in love with my best friend.

‘Oliver, we have two kids. Bringing instruments here isn’t really the smartest idea you had.’ I drank the water and put the empty glass upside-down next to the sink.
‘They love music if I remember right.’ He whispered and let his arms fall on his sides.
‘They do.’ I nodded and walked past Oliver, back to the living room. ‘Get dressed, we have family dinner.’ I told Oliver and walked to upstairs.
I sat in front of my vanity fixing my makeup, staring at my reflection. I looked like I haven’t slept in ages and I felt like it too.

‘I’m ready.’ Oliver walked into the room, hugging me while I tried my best not to cry.
‘Go check on the twats.’ I sighed and added more mascara.
‘You seriously call our kids twats?’ Oliver stared the back of my head, I felt his stare.
‘Carol started it if it helps and twins don’t mind.’ I shooed him out.



Oliver stared at me and twins weirdly as Carol brought us the same food that he and his little brother had while everyone else was eating meet. ‘I told them you are vegetarian and well now we all are.’ I kissed Alexander’s cheek and he made a disgusted face. Oliver smiled and watched how eagerly Benjamin ate his tofu.

‘How does it feel to be back at home?’ My dad asked while he ate.
‘It’s nice Daniel, I missed my boys and my best friend more than I thought.’ Oliver smirked and god how I missed his smirk. Even if Benjamin did the exact same thing, it wasn’t the same.
‘What about Oscar, did you miss him too daddy?’ Alexander asked, looking straight at his father’s eyes. Oliver laughed and nodded. ‘Yes, I missed Oscar too.’ He ruffled the kid’s hair.
Carol and Ian kept asking when the band starts the new record and does Oliver come back to lead his company, where I answered not yet, getting evil stares from Oliver and laughs from everyone else. The dinner went smoothly. Oliver seemed happy to be home with his boys.

‘You drive.’ I yawned and handed Oliver the keys to the suv. We put the sleeping twins into theirs seats at the back and hopped into the car ourselves.
‘It was nice to see our family.’ Oliver smiled and pulled out of the driveway. I didn’t say anything, just stared at the dark road. Oliver tried to turn the radio on, but I slapped his hand off.
‘Sleeping twins in the back, remember?’ I lifted my eyebrow and stared Oliver like the biggest knob in the world.
‘Oh yeah.’ Was all he said and focused back on the road. Thank god the drive took only ten minutes or I would have gone nuts in the silence.


‘If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock. Are you still getting by? Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just another step to climb?’ I heard Oliver actually sing to the twins. I never heard Oliver sing normally. I love it, his voice was so different, so delicate but rough at the same time.

‘You sang.’ I whispered as he walked into the bedroom.
‘It was from our new song, and yeah it’s a new thing for me too.’ He scratched the back of his neck. He had been doing that a lot.
‘It was nice.’ I smiled and wiped my makeup off. ‘So there is either couch or we share the bed until I buy another one.’ I tied my hair up and unzipped the dress, not caring if Oliver saw me just on my underwear.

‘You don’t need to buy another bed love, we can share it.’ He turned around blushing. ‘I don’t mind.’ He peaked over his shoulder thinking I didn’t notice.
‘Yeah, whatever you want.’ I sighed and pulled one of Oliver’s old shirts on me that I had used in bed.
‘You look nice.’ He finally turned around and took his clothes off, leaving him just with his boxers as he climbed over the covers in the bed.
‘Thank you, you too. The hair is nice.’ I tiredly said and climbed into the bed, leaving space between us. Oscar jumped on the bed and Oliver tried to shoo him off, but I told him to let the dog be, he was already used to sleeping in the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Oliver
Image
Image
Image