Status: Finally a chaptered fic

About a Boy

Chapter Fifteen

*Time Lapse- a couple of weeks*
The next Monday, the fifth of February, Kellin had insisted Vic follow him to the music room at lunch, earning a curious but acceptable look from the other boy.
“So… What’s the matter?” Vic asked.
“I wanted to give you your present now, because you kind of need to know what it is to… Well, I don’t want to give it away. Just open the envelope.” Kellin instructed, shoving the white envelope into Vic’s hands with a glint in his eye.
“Okay…” Vic tore at the thin envelope and stuck his fingers in to pull out two thin, rectangular pieces of card. “What… Holy shit, Kellin you didn’t!” Vic exclaimed, staring at the tickets in awe. Kellin shrugged and smiled at the other boy, who had a massive grin plastered on his face.
“You like it?” He asked hopefully.
“That’s a stupid question, Kellin. Of course I like it. I love it! I can’t even, just- I- Oh my God and you booked them for my birthday as well! I love you so much!” Vic exclaimed, throwing his arms around Kellin’s neck. “I cannot believe you.” He said.
“I’m glad you’re happy.” Kellin responded. “I figured I could just pick you up and drop you back- that’s if your parents say yes.” He added, not sure if his parents would.
“They will say yes. I will go and see Foo Fighters- I actually can’t believe you got these!” Vic gushed, arms still wrapped around Kellin’s neck. “I love you, I love you, I love you…”
“I love you too.” Kellin laughed, rubbing circles on Vic’s back.
____
The next day, Vic rushed into the classroom and immediately pulled Kellin into a hug, which he confusedly accepted.
“They said yes, they said yes, they said yes!” He squealed excitedly.
“They did? That’s awesome, Vic.” Kellin said truthfully.
“Mike looked like he wanted to kill me… I really couldn’t care less right now though! Oh my God we’re going to see Foo Fighters on Saturday!” Vic shrieked.
“I have actually never seen you so excited.” Kellin commented in amusement. Vic was generally quite reserved, so it was odd seeing him so excitable.
“I’ve never been these excited. You are the actual best, most perfect boyfriend ever.” Vic declared, planting a swift kiss on Kellin’s cheek and then going to his own desk in order to start packing his bag.
____
“You’re going to another concert?” Heather demanded when Kellin got home.
“Yep.” He said simply, walking past her and starting up the stairs.
“That is so unfair!” She cried, following him up the stairs and into his room.
“You don’t even listen to music.” He protested with a short laugh. To be honest, if he got anything that she didn’t, Heather would call it ‘unfair’.
“I know, but isn’t Lower Than Atlantis supporting them?”
“How do you even know that?” He asked curiously, loosening his tie and pulling it up over his head.
“I checked.” She responded promptly.
“Why do you even care?” Kellin continued.
“I’d like to see Lower Than Atlantis. Because Mike Duce is cute.” She shrugged.
“Are you serious?” Kellin stared at her incredulously as she nodded. “You know what, whatever. You aren’t going so, just… I don’t know. Get out, I need to get changed.” Kellin shooed his sister out of the room, ignoring her complaints and pouts, and closed the door behind her.
Kellin sat in the swivel chair in front of his desk and pulled out his laptop, opening Google and searching osmosis for the test Mr. Glenn had set them and he hadn’t revised for, as usual.
____
For the rest of the week, neither boy could contain their excitement. More or less everyone in their class had found out about them going, just because they couldn’t keep their mouths shut.
“You guys are insane.” Jaime said with a shake of his head at lunch on Friday. He, Tony and Vic were sitting with Kellin, Jesse, Gabe, Justin and Jack, the group having started to form some sort of friendship since Kellin and Vic had started going out.
“I know! I’ve never seen Kellin like this, even when we went to see A Day To Remember.” Justin input.
“You guys saw A Day To Remember?” Tony asked interestedly.
“Yeah, October 6th year before last.” Justin nodded.
“No way! Jaime and I were at that gig.” Tony smiled.
“Seriously? That’s awesome.” Justin laughed with Tony.
“You see, Kellin couldn’t tongue wrestle with us in the pit.” Gabe joked. “He can do that with this one.” He laughed and pointed to Vic, who stuck his tongue out at the sandy haired boy.
The group happily joked with each other for the remainder of their lunch period, regrouping in their form room after being asked by a few tentative freshmen if they were still eating seeing as there were no more free tables.
“I am actually so excited.” Vic admitted near the end of lunch.
“So am I.” Kellin agreed, kissing Vic lightly as he sat on his lap.
“So guys are so sickeningly sweet I swear I’m going to get diabetes just from looking at you.” Jesse snorted.
“You’re just jealous Lawson.” Kellin flicked his friend, who swore at him back. But his friends’ playful digs at him and Vic had absolutely no effect on him anymore, because he was so in love with the other boy, he knew it was obvious even to his friends how much the couple cared about each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a bit short, but everything that happens in the next chapter needs to happen in the next chapter, if that makes any sense.
Only six days until I go and see Pierce the Veil!