A Life Less Ordinary

Withdrawal

“Isla..” Bane called from the other side of the door. He could hear her muffled sobs. “Open the door Isla.”

“Leave me alone!” she cried. He clenched his fists angrily but the words cameo out calm.

“Isla, please.”

“Bane, stop. Just go away-” She sat up quickly as the door burst open.

“What is your problem?! Get out!!” she screamed. He stalked over to her angrily.

“You will lower your voice.”

She instantly bit her trembling lip, staring up at him with red eyes. He felt his anger wane, replaced with shame at the fear he saw in her eyes.

“You’re shaking…” he said quietly. Isla looked away from him, focusing instead on the fireworks exploding over the water below.

Bane dropped down onto his knees before her. “Isla…” he said quietly. She refused to look at him, allowing the beautiful lights to pull her into a sort of trance.

He laid his face against her bare legs. “Isla Isla Isla…please forgive me.” he whispered.
She could feel her resolve slowly crumble at the pleading tone of his voice, tears once more threatening to fall.

He began to fear the consequences of his earlier actions, when he felt the feather light touch of her hands on the back of his head.

“What happened to you?” she asked quietly. He couldn’t find the words. A sigh escaped his lips at the forgiveness he heard in her voice.

“Bane…you’re shaking…” her voice wavered. “Where’s your mask?” she asked.

He looked up at her, his eyes glassy and tired. Sweat was beginning to trickle down his forehead. “You’re going through withdrawal…” she whispered, sliding to the floor in front of him. “How long have you been without it?” she asked, cupping his face in her hands.

“Right after Barsad took you away. The Cartel felt threatened by the mask-”

“Cartel?? As in The Cartel? Are you insane?” she asked. “Where is the mask?”

“Lost. They were convinced that it was some sort of weapon and would not take me to Capos until I disposed of it.” he replied.

“Why are you dealing with the Cartel? Nothing good has ever come from dealings with them.” she said.

“I’m retrieving the drugs needed to create my serum. The doctor only has enough to make four more cartridges and I require much more than that.” he coughed.

“You have been without it for more than seven hours…that can’t be good..” she said. He gave a short laugh.

“Not good, no. I believe I am only in the beginnings of withdrawal…the worst, I fear, is yet to come.” he said. Isla wrapped her arms under his shoulders and tried to pull him up.

“Help me Bane, I can‘t lift you. You need to lie down.” she said. He grunted as he pulled himself onto the bed, collapsing catty-cornered. Isla leaned over him

“Where did you dispose of the mask?” she asked, leaning over him. His eyes rolled as he tried to focus on her. She grabbed his face.

“Bane! Where did you throw it??” she asked.

“From the plane….fifty paces left. 72 paces right will take you down into the forest…I threw it down the small ravine to the right. It landed on the rocks…” he whispered.

Isla wasted no time. She ran next door to the room where the three men were and knocked frantically on the door. A tall Hispanic man opened the door.

“Cortez! I need you guys now!” she said. Barsad pushed past Cortez.

“Isla what is it?” he asked.

“He’s in withdrawal..” she said. Without another word, he hurried over to her room.
Bane was sweating profusely and bordering unconsciousness.

“We have to find his mask.” Isla said.

“Did he tell say where it is?” Barsad asked.

“Take me to the plane.” she said.

“NO!” Bane yelled, trying to sit up. She hurried to him, pressing her hand to his chest and forcing him to lie back. “She doesn’t leave my side!” he barked.

She looked up at Barsad whose face was unreadable.

“He’s right. You need to stay here. I will retrieve the mask.” When she opened her mouth to protest, he held up his hand. “You have the medical background. You’ll only get in the way out there.” He looked over his shoulder at Cortez.

“Date prisa! Tenemos que ir antes de que el Cartel regresa.” Cortez said. Once he had the directions, Barsad turned on his heel, closing the door behind him.

“Isla…” Bane called. She turned and sat next to him.

“I’m here Bane.” she said. He held up a shaking hand which she took in her own, pressing it to her chest.

“I need water…” he said quietly. His mouth and throat were dry and he felt as if his body were being ripped apart, muscle by muscle. He felt as if he were trapped in his own skin.

She reached into the small refrigerator and pulled out a cold bottle. He hastily took it out of her hands and began to chug the water.

“Bane, easy! Don’t drink so fast or-” she turned away as he rolled onto his side and vomited on the floor. He collapsed back onto the bed and began to shiver again. Isla hurried into the bathroom and grabbed a wet cloth.

“Isla…” he said, his eyes barely open.

“Right here…” she whispered, wiping his face clean. She pulled the blanket over him and positioned his head to rest against her lap. He gripped her hand in his.

“I’m so sorry…the things that I said….” he whispered.

“Its alright.” she replied, looking out at the placid waters.

OoOoOoOo


Some hours later, Barsad hurried into the room. Isla lay on the bed, asleep. Bane sat in the floor by the balcony doors, shaking uncontrollably. He rushed over to him, startling him. Bane instinctively grabbed him by the collar, ready to strike.
“Brother. I’ve found it.” he said, holding up the mask. Bane snatched the mask from him and slid it over his head. The cartridge hissed as it released its medicine into his lungs. His head lolled back like a drug addict who had just taken a hit. He breathed deeply for a moment, feeling lightheaded as the medicine flowed to every corner of his body. Immediately his senses were heightened and the pain receded. He felt the tremors cease and his aches diminish. Exhaling slowly, the familiar mechanical sound cut through the silence in the room.

“Are you well?” Barsad asked, his hand on Bane’s shoulder. Bane flexed his arms and cracked his neck.

“Unquestionably.” he replied, standing. “Where is she?”

Barsad gestured behind him. “She sleeps.”

Bane stared at her sleeping form, yellow lily still tucked behind her ear.

“Should we prepare to return to the plane?” Barsad asked quietly, staring at her. Bane held up his hand to silence him as she stirred.

“No one is to wake her. Bring Cortez and Schneider to the sitting room. We have much to discuss.” He replied.

OoOoOoOo


The soft warm wind on her skin and the sound of the ocean woke her. She lay in the bed for a moment, registering the night’s events. Immediately she sat up, looking around the empty room.

Isla jumped out of the bed and ran into the adjacent room. Bane, Barsad, Schneider and Cortez sat around the round glass dinner table. They all looked up when she entered.

“Ah. Good morning.” Bane said, standing. She smiled and ran towards his outstretched arms, but passed him and threw her arms around Barsad. Bane turned to them, visibly amused.

“Thank you…” she said quietly, kissing his forehead. He smiled and nodded. She ruffled his hair and walked over to Bane.

“Are you alright?” she asked.

He wrapped an arm around her waist. “I’ve never felt better.” he replied. She gave him a slight smile. “You have the look of doubt on your face.”

“You were pretty out of it last night…you scared me.” she said. He looked down at her and stroked her face gently.

“Put it out of you mind.” he said. She turned her head and kissed his palm, never taking her eyes off of his own.
He wound his hands in her hair and pressed his forehead to hers. “Prepare yourself my love. We leave within the hour.”

OoOoOoOo


Isla stood by the balcony, looking out at the night sky. The flight had been long a bit more turbulent than she would have liked and she was exhausted, but try as she might, she couldn’t make herself sleep.

“Come to bed my dear.” Bane said, walking up behind her.

“I can’t sleep…” she replied, turning to him. “How do you feel?” she asked. He chuckled.

“I could tell time by the way you ask that. I am in good health, just as I was an hour ago, and the hour before that.” he said, hugging her. She sighed, pressing her ear to his chest and allowed her eyes to close as she listened to his breathing.

“Did Woodrue give you a new cartridge?” she asked.

“He did. I can’t tell a difference in the strength yet.” he said.

Isla stifled a yawn. “Just give it time.” she said.

He picked her up in his arms and carried her to their bed. “Maybe I can assist in making you tired…” he removed his mask and pressed his lips to hers.

She pressed her hands to his bare chest and pushed him back slightly. “Bane, your mask…”

“It will be fine. Right now, I need you unclothed.” he said, pulling her shirt over her head. Smiling, she lifted her legs as he removed her panties. He trailed his rough hands over her naked flesh and kissed her, pushing her legs apart. He settled against her, the heat of her body causing his own body to ache.

Locking his eyes with her own, she raised her hips to meet his. He pushed into her roughly. A loud moan escaped her lips as he began to thrust. He brought his lips down on hers, muffling the groans. She raked her nails down his back, causing him to growl with pleasure.

He suddenly rolled onto his back, pulling her down on top of him. Her head lolled back as he gripped her hips and moved her back and forth against him. She locked her arms against his chest, holding herself upright. He stared up at her as she moved, watched her as she moaned, as her body shone from the thin sheen of sweat. He pulled her down to him, kissing her neck, driving himself deeper. His breath was hot on her ear, sending chills down her spine. She bit his shoulder and yelled as his movements became more and more intense.

Isla leaned down and covered his mouth with hers, groaning as he thrust deeper. She could feel the climax building, feel the tingling sensation in her toes as it rose to her pelvis. Crying out, she collapsed against his chest as the feeling washed over her. He rolled one last time, hovering over her. Before she had stopped convulsing, he lifted her legs onto his shoulders and pushed into her again. She moaned loudly as his thrusts grew more powerful and erratic. He turned his head and kissed her smooth leg. He focused on her breathing and watched as she writhed beneath him, gripping the sheets. He growled as his own climax caused him to arch his back. She winced as he pushed into her deeply and collapsed.

She looked over at him with a smile.

He smiled, still trying to catch his breath. “What?”

She lay her head on his chest, listening to his racing heartbeat. “I’m just happy.” she whispered, eyes growing heavy.

He grabbed his mask and slid it over his face. “Are you tired yet?” he asked. When she didn’t respond, he pulled the blankets over them and turned off the lamp.

OoOoOoOo


Isla woke to Bane’s eyes smiling down at her. She smiled and stretched her arms over her head. “Morning…”

“Not quite…”

“Did you sleep?” she asked.

“Not a bit.” he replied.

“What time is it? Aren‘t you tired?”

“On the contrary. I feel quite energized….It‘s just after four in the morning” he said, kissing her.

She yawned and snuggled up to him. “You seem to be in a good mood.”

“I’ve had all night to lay here and think about us.” he replied, laying a hand over her bare stomach. She looked up at him and he gently rubbed the naked flesh.

“About us?”

He gazed down at her. “In a few more months…we will leave this life to create our own. Of all the things I was destined for, this is what I want most.” he said, wrapping his arms around her.

“But?”

“But there are things that require my attention for the next few days. I may not be here at all hours, but I will return before the day is through.” Noting the pout she gave him, he brushed her hair back. “This is all necessary to secure our future.” He kissed her forehead, stood and walked to their bathroom. She pulled the blankets back over her head and allowed the sound of the shower to lull her back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to follow soon!!!