Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

An Unexpected Tour

Ally is latched to my arm after our dance audition with Ciara. We are both drenched in sweat from that intense session which, I am glad to say, we both passed. We watched 25 potential students be cut today alone, Ciara was tough. Competing for the drama scholarship were 5 remaining students, 15 for music, and 3 for dance. Tomorrow the music audition was an original songwriting session that will then be performed in front of the current music students and Mr. Timberlake. For us drama potentials we had to perform an original skit with the aid of one of the students in our future department. Ally was over the moon over meeting her future classmates. She was so confident that she would get in, I stay amazed at her great outlook.

“Lizzy, let’s scope out the grounds, there aren't any rules against that.” She pulls me eagerly towards the vast campus grounds.

“That is not a good idea, Ally,” I tug back; “I am not risking my chance at this school just so we can get a sneak peek of somebody else's future.”

“Elizabeth how nice to see you again.” I turn to find the headmaster standing behind me. “This must be your sister Aaliyah; she seems to be eager to get a look around campus. I will get a student to show you around since I sincerely believe you two sisters will be students here soon.”

‘Oh my gosh, the headmaster just said he thinks we are good enough to go here.’ I'm mentally freaking out. I have to do everything in my power to stay cool.

“I will send a student to meet you here after you two change in the locker room into a school uniform. No need to raise eyebrows ladies. Looking forward to your audition tomorrow Aaliyah.” He walks off into the distance and we hurry into the locker room.

“This is so cool!” Ally exclaims after we showered and changed. “We look like we are students here! Soon we will be dressed like this every day!” She twirls around the locker room.

“Hurry up Ally! Someone is waiting for us outside, remember?” She rolls her eyes and grabs the bag the school provided for us, which has our audition clothes and heads out.

Then I spot him, in a blazer and an untucked button-down, black skinny jeans with checkered white and black vans. He wears a beanie on his long straight dark brown hair. Really, nothing extraordinary about him, yet something was. Maybe it was his unassuming good looks that made him seem all the more good looking. He looks about 5’7.

Ally races towards him as I seem to be stuck in my tracks. I am clumsy around the male species, my tongue always feels glued to the roof of my mouth around them. I guess it was from having all the brothers’ poke fun at me that keeps me silent around boys, at least at first.

Ally tosses me a glare over her shoulder and mouths at me to hurry up. I once again ponder how it was that I was the older one, yet Ally seems to think otherwise. I walk toward her and roll my eyes before turning to face the boy I've been staring at from afar.

“Nice of you to join us,” he smiles. His smile causes him to go from pretty good looking to melt your heart in two seconds. “My name is Victor, but I prefer to be called Vic. What’s your name?”

“Elizabeth Michaela Rodriguez Garcia Leon, but everyone just calls me Lizzy.”

“Quite a name you got there. Do you always list your whole name when someone asks that question?”

“No,” Ally jumps in,” She just wanted you to be fully informed, plus she is kind of awkward around guys.”

“A problem my sister clearly doesn't have,” I mumble.

“So where to first?” Either she ignores me or just doesn't care.

Vic smiles again, “The studio.”

Throughout the day, I marvel at the amazing campus that makes up this school. I remain in complete awe and silence as Ally and Vic got well acquainted. Their chatter was background noise to the music, laughter, rehearsing and overall dedication that could be heard all about. When I found myself alone with Vic I wondered where Ally went off to.

“Where did Ally go?”

“She ran off to speak to Kellin, said she had to give him a piece of her mind. She also said to meet her at the entrance in 15 minutes.”

“Oh well that’s enough time to change, thank you for the tour Vic. Enjoy your day.” I turn to leave.

“Lizzy, J.T said that you guys can keep the threads and the bags. I told your sister that while you were in lala land.”

“Oh, sorry. Can you just express my gratitude to him, will you?”

“Are you always this formal?”

“No, I will admit, I become formal when I am nervous.”

“Oh, so I make you nervous.” He laughs; it was a sweet boyish sound. “Relax I won't bite you unless you ask.” He winks at me, and I feel a blush creep up my face, feeling so embarrassed.

All the words I want to say were cut short when four guys dog-piled him into the grass. While they bombarded him with questions I slip away to meet Ally at the gate. I felt rude for not saying bye, but I wasn't sure where that conservation would have gone if his friends didn't come when they did. I said a grateful prayer to God. That's when I saw Ally headed toward me more furious than I have ever seen her.

“What happened?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Then she storms off-campus with me following after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment your thoughts please ♥