Sequel: Just for a Moment
Status: Complete, but being revised. Part Four is in progress ♥.

The Academy of the Elite

Lunch with Lizzy

It's 12:26 pm, day one on campus, and it’s already been an awesome day. I get my own, spacious and cozy room, which looks a lot like a fancy hotel room. I can't wait to decorate it, putting my personal flare on everything. Not having to deal with Lizzy trying to keep me from painting my walls a certain color, or having a certain poster up. I have artistic freedom of expression, finally.

Lizzy and I head to the cafe for lunch, I feel like I waited forever for her to get ready. I could sense that something was different about her. I wanted to pester answers out of her, but I am not sure if this is the right time to do that. The waiter came up to our table and took down a veggie burger and fries for me, tomato soup with a grilled cheese for my sister. I also got us a couple of raspberry iced teas then continued to wait. She ran back to the room mumbling something under her breath, before she even had a chance to sit down. Five minutes later, I see her speed walking towards the café. As soon as she walks in she sits in front of me and smiles.

"How great is this?" She says, while picking up her cup and putting the straw to her lips.

"Very. Wooh, meeting with the one and only JT, JA-JA-JA JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!" I shout a little too loudly while flailing my arms.

The other people in the cafe, including the workers, all laugh at my outburst.

"Way to go." She chuckles, I could tell she was embarrassed by me, she hates attention.

"Yeah, I got a little carried away...” I say playing with my straw.

"So, I see that you changed into a clean uniform. How did you dirty the one you had on before?" She asked me, curiosity in her voice.

"Well, after I left you guys, I decided to check out the amusement park. I wanted to have some fun and get away from that jerk you adore so much.” I rolled my eyes, Lizzy ignored my comment. “Then that Jack guy, the one I told you about, showed up with his friend Max. So we all just kind of hung out ya’ know? Jack is a music major which is awesome because that means we will be having classes together. Max is a dance major, which is cool too."

She looked at me with confusion.

"That still doesn't explain why your uniform was dirty. Didn't you just meet this Jack guy the other day for like, two seconds?" She questioned me, a serious expression on her face.

She never understood how it could be so easy for me to hang out with guys, because it was such a hassle for her.

"Yeah I was going to get to that part, don't rush me. But anyway, Jack and I were pushing each other around, so I bumped into Max, who had fries and a soda, hence the red and purple stains on my shirt. To make the whole thing worse, he tripped and fell, on his way down he grabbed my arm. So I fell in the dirt, and got a bit messy."

“A bit messy?” She raised her eyebrows at me.

“Okay so I was a wreck. Who cares? I had so much fun.”

I thought about Max’s smile and blushed. My sister eyed me suspiciously, but didn't say a word to me. She isn’t the type to pry, I guess that’s okay but sometimes I just wished she would ask me questions. Dig just a little bit deeper than the stuff I say on the surface.

“How has your day been so far?” I asked her, eyes trained on her face because I gave her alone time with that hottie Zac.

She blushed, “It was good. I hung out with the guys at the studio, we sang. Vic sang this song he wrote, it was so beautiful. He has so much talent, they all do. It was kind of intimidating, but cool at the same time I guess.”

“You hung out with three guys alone?” Now it was my turn to raise my eyebrows.

She shrugged and finished up her food. I ate the last of my fires while staring at her, wondering why suddenly she was all cool with the male species. Why wasn't she telling me about what happened between her and Zac?

"Hmm...We should probably get going," she said, looking at the time on her phone and picking up her bag. "We don't want to be late for our first official meeting with the head master."

I pretended to be unfazed by her earlier silence on the subject of Zac.

"You're right." I threw out our garbage and followed her out the door.

I watched her as we walked to the Head Master’s office. I honestly didn't get why she could be so insecure. She constantly looked below eye level while walking, not wanting to have direct contact with anyone.

My sister stands at a nice height of 5’3, inheriting our mother’s shortness. But then again, she got a lot from mom. She also has her unruly, ash-brown colored hair, which rested at her shoulders. She has jade colored eyes, which complimented her soft caramel skin tone. She tanned so easily when she got enough sun. She also has a big and pretty smile, with plump, watermelon colored lips. It 'brightened up a room' if I’d say so myself. It was her amazingly curvy body that she felt the most insecure about. She would always take the looser fitting clothing and leave me with the figure-hugging stuff. I always told her that she should embrace her body. Girls these days would kill for a body like hers, but it's to no avail.

If I was honest I envied her curves. My almost flat chest and black hair seemed so plain in comparison. Lizzy swore up and down I was the secure one but I knew that wasn't the truth. I wanted the attention that she cringed under. It seems like the only thing I loved about me was my forest green eyes and killer vocals. I knew that one day I would look back and my looks will seem irrelevant. I walked briskly to keep Lizzy's pace, trying hard not to admire the determination in her eyes when I bumped into Max.

“We keep meeting this way.” He laughed.

Lizzy glanced at him and pulled me along, I waved weakly at him as she rushed us through the gates of the headmaster’s building. I felt sort of nervous about this meeting. I had asked around and none of the other kids had a meeting with J.T. I looked at Lizzy and she was calm as usual. So I smiled and threw caution to the wind. This was going to be a piece of cake.
♠ ♠ ♠
-K_K