Skate on Over

Chapter 4: The Big Day

The phone rang, and it seemed like he wasn't going to answer. The ringing finally stop and a sluggish voice said: "Hello?"
"Patrick? This is Kaylynn, we met yesterday before your game."
"Oh hey! How are you?" His tone changed and he seemed totally awake and alert.
"I could be better, I am a little hungover." I could hear Jordyn snort as I told Patrick this.
"That just means that you had a good time. What are you doing tonight?" he asked.
"Tonight? Nothing, Saturdays are open for me in the evening."
"Perfect. I want to take you out." I could only imagine the smile on his face.
"Okay, sounds great! What should I wear?"
"Something semi nice, not too fancy."
"Where are we going?"
"Its a surprise, I'll pick you up at 7."
"Oooh," I said in a flirty little voice. "I can't wait."
"See you soon, Kaylynn."
"Bye." We hung up our phones and I made sure I saved his number.
"Kaylynn, you have a date with Patrick Kane!" Carmen screeched.
"How long is staying in LA?" Alexis asked
"I think they are on a 3 game break."
"So they are staying in California?" Jordyn piped in
"I guess so, some of the guys may have stayed while others have gone home, its probably their choice."
"I'm so happy for you Kay!" Alexis screamed, which made my head pound a little harder.
"We have practice in 3 hours, so better start feeling better. I think we are lifting and conditioning too."
I moaned as I plopped back on my bed and set my alarm so that I could take a nap, and rest my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Practice lasted until 5, so I rushed home to get ready for my date.
"I call first shower!" I said racing up the stairs to beat Jordyn to our shower. I could hear Carmen and Alexis fighting for theirs downstairs. I quickly jumped in the shower and washed and conditioned my hair, and shaved all the necessary parts of my body that would be exposed. Jordyn picked out my black skinny jeans and a lace pink top, with my black sandals. I kept my make up simple, but had Carmen help me with my hair. We helped my plain brown hair become filled with relaxed curls. I was ready by 6:45.
At exactly 7, Patrick showed up in his black Lexus. He was wearing dress pants and a nice polo shirt.
"Thanks for texting me your address."
"Wasn't to hard to find I hope."
"Nope", he said smiling. "you look great by the way."
"Thank you." I noticed Patrick kept looking behind me, I turned to see my roommates looking at us through the window.
"Let's get out of here, my friends are being creeps."
He smiled, and walked me to the passenger side of his car and opened the door. He went over and sat in the drivers seat and we headed out to our mystery date. The car ride seemed like it was taking years to get to our destination. Finally, we ended up at a view point, where a lot people commonly go for hook ups.
"Are you serious?" I asked a little annoyed.
"It's not what you think." He said smirking.
He drove past the large viewing area into a smaller grass area which had a picnic blanket and basket in the middle. Flowers surrounded the whole area. I was beautiful.
"Wow, did you do this?"
"Mhmm." He said silently.
"This is going to be great" I thought. We sat down and began eating.