Skate on Over

Chapter 8: The Fight

"I can't believe I trusted him. I'm so stupid!" I said to Carmen as we were practicing our hitting.
"Hell, he even had me fooled. Don't think to much about it, there are more important things to think about." She said to me as she tossed another ball to me.
I could always rely on Carmen and my other friends to help me stay focused. I loved them for it, but I wish they were a little more sympathetic sometimes. Softball is all that matters right now, our first game is this Friday in Texas, and I couldn't be more pumped.
"Clearing!" my coach yelled. She pointed to the weight room telling me to go release my stress on some weights. I grabbed my headphones and phone and turned on my workout playlist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's finally Thursday, travel day. We had a long bus ride a head of us to Texas. As we entered the bus, I sat in a seat with a light and an outlet. I brought my laptop to stay on top of my homework. It didn't take long until someone mentioned Patrick: "Hey Kaylynn, how is that hottie Patrick?" I only smiled and gave a thumbs up. Everyone saw that the smile was fake and immediately stopped talking about it.
"Wow Kaylynn, you're gonna be pissed."
"What? Why?" I asked Alexis.
"The Blackhawks are playing in Dallas this weekend." I think she could sense my disgust by the look on my face. She gave me an apologetic look. I can't believe he is going to be in Texas too. My games are on Friday and Saturday at noon. Hopefully we'll be long gone by the time they play their game on Saturday at 7. If I see Pat, I might lose it.
After what seemed like a year, we finally reached Texas. I almost threw up when coach said that we were staying in Dallas this weekend. WHY GOD? WHY?
"God I hope that we don't see him at all this weekend." I said to Jordyn as we pulled into our hotel parking lot.
"I think it's in his best interest to stay far away from you!" She said sticking out her tongue and punching me softly on the arm. We checked in our rooms and settled in for the night. At about eleven I was craving some pretzels and ventured down to the lobby where the giant vendi-machine was. I placed my coins in and watched the package fall to the bottom. As I turned around I saw a sign that wasn't there when we checked in.
"Shit," I said to myself. The sign was for the Chicago Blackhawks that were coming in tomorrow morning to stay at the exact same hotel my team is staying in. This will be interesting. I walked back to my room and pulled the covers over my head, hoping that this was all a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baccccckkkkk (: