I Want You On My Team

They'll See How Beautiful She Really Is

When mom and I arrived in Dallas Saturday morning the first thing we did was meet up with Denise and hit the shops. My mother had to be back by tomoorrow morning to meet deadlines so we had to do this fast. The problem was there were tons of dresses and so little time. At least I helped by narrowing down the search to red dresses. Not only was I trying to find the dress of my dreams, also I was playing Burning Up in my mind as I sorted through the dresses. All three of us would compile our favorites and they got collected. Soon I was in the dressing room sliding out of my street clothes and in to a formal gown. I never realized how hard it was to get into these things. I might need a whole crew of people to get me into my dress. Plus a whole crew of people to make me look good. Good thing my mother had connections or I would be screwed.
Some of the dresses were a teensy bit, okay way too sexy for me. I'm too modest for cut out dresses. They are pretty and all, but morally I can't do it. It''s too much for me. Some had nothing down the back until you nearly saw my butt. I didn't choose that one either. Though I did take it out to show my moms.
"That's cute." My mom said smiling at me.
"You look gorgeous, Alexis." Mom Jonas put her hands together silently. Then I turned. "Well the front was nice." I laughed and faced them again.
"This dress is asking for too much." I told them both. "I'm not trying to get some." They both thought that was funny. I retreated back into the dressing room and put on the next dress. A simple dress with a sweetheart neckline. It hugged my body as I stepped out. I looked in the mirror. As I was thinking it they said it.
"Too plain." Back to put on another. This one was a ball gown with some lace detailing on the top. I let them see it but was fast to say no to it. It didn't have the wow I was looking for.
This next one I liked a lot. Strapless with Empire Waist Bow, it had sparkles. It was sexy, but not in an obvious way. I smiled as I opened the door and emerged. As I did so I tripped over the dress. Entrance, not classy.
"Well, if you choose that one we'd have to get it hemmed." Mom spoke through her giggles at my graceful walk in. I shook my head at her.
"It's a pretty dress though. Nick would like it." Denise made the motion for me to turn. The dress fluttered around me.
"I'll try a few more, but right now I'm saying this dress." I tried on two more before there was a knock at the door to my dressing room as I was about to take oone off. "Yes?" I asked.
"I think you'll like this one." My consultant's voice came. "I found it in the back." I cracked the door open enough for her to slide the dress inside. I climbed out of the dress I was in and slid the one brought to me out of it's bag. As I zipped myself in I grinned. I basically floated out and looked in that mirror.
"Oh." Was all I managed. No one else said a word for minutes. It was strapless and had a slit up the leg. It was flowy and sleek. It even had sparkles.
"He is never going to get over you. Not after he sees this." And that was just the reaction I was waiting for in a dress.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought you might actually want to see her Prom Dress.
Comments?
<3 Kelsey