Status: Hey guys, a work in progress.

Dominick

Marjorie

I grab my sweater off of the couch and grab my keys. I need to go for a drive. Jamie followed me to the door, and I just gave her the look. The one that says it all. The one she knew well. Jamie knows I am gay, and she knows I am still in love with Mike, but she decided to stick around. She was jobless, I had a job, she had no money, I had lots. I needed someone to show to my cousins, she needed someone to cling to, to feel better about herself.

I remember, when we first met, I told her I was gay, but her being drunk threw herself on me. She was kissing, and I was kissing back. My first thoughts when she placed her lips to mine was,

'Let's see if I like girls...'

Of course I didn't, and what else wasn't true was that you didn't need a condom if the girl was on birth control.

Long story made short, I ended up with a pregnant woman, and she ended up with a man who had two things she needed to be with me. Money and a need to cover up the fact that I was gay.

She and I clicked on the basis of liking the same bands, and she was intelligent. I could stand being with her, married for that matter, and that was all that was relevant. We never had sex after that, never really kissed all that often. She was a fan of my old band, that was enough for her.

I flick my cigarette out of the window as I pulled up to the Pillar's mums home. I knew it was late, but the lady was young and she tended to stay up late.

Mrs.Pillar was practically my mom, she taught me when it mattered the most in my years. I remember she once said,

"Be what you want and don't take anyone's shit."

That is what I did until Mike broke it off.

"Dominick!!!" the mother figure of my life called out the open window. She had the best smile, just like her first son. I slam the car door shut, and laughed,

"Marjorie!" She went rushing to the door, and opened it for me.

"How have you been sonny?" her voice cracked, and she cracked another one of her smiles. She hugged me as I entered the door, and I felt a butterfly flutter in my stomach. The smell of the house.

"Dom, do you believe in hidden love?" mike asked, and I noticed his pimples were leaving his face, and his voice had dropped.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, perplexed by his sudden question, it being completely out of his norm.

"I mean, if you had a somewhat attachment to someone of the same sex, and you liked them without knowing it. You had no idea that you could possibly gay, and you were in love with that person you never thought you would or could ever be. And that someone had no idea either, and they just saw you as a friend, but deep down they loved you back." The house smelled of cinnamon, with the sickly scent of black liquorice. I just looked at him and said quietly,

"I have no idea Micheal."


"Earth to space cadet?" Marjorie said, looking at me with her so familiar eyes.

"Oh, yeah? I was just... remembering something." I was tired already, I wanted to sleep on the couch like I always did so bad.

"I was asking, how has Mike been?" I just shake my head,

"He hasn't called you?"

Something was wrong with Mike...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comment last chapter, please keep them coming :)