Status: Writing

My Best Friend's Ex-Boyfriend

11

I put my phone on charge and continued to watch TV while I waited for the leftovers to heat up in the microwave. I ran to the microwave before it hit 0:00 so I could avoid the annoying beating that everyone hated. I watched a little bit of X Factor; finished and washed my plate. I checked the calendar, Mum would be coming home on Sunday afternoon and Jace, my brother, will be coming home next Wednesday. Thank god, I’ve been feeling a little lonely.

It was 8:45, and I didn’t really have anything else to do, so I had a shower, brushed my teeth and went to bed in a loose checkered tee and my frilly pink undies. I set my alarm to 7am and drifted to sleep.

I woke up, did the usual routine for getting ready for school, luckily it was the last day. I came out wearing a BOY London top and a pair of denim shorts. I slid on my black Vans and grabbed a peach on the way out for breakfast; I locked the front door and walked all the way to school. When I arrived, Christa wasn’t at the table, so I sat down and started reading ‘Looking for Alaska’ for the third time around, it was my favourite book. The bell rang for first lesson and Christa did not make show, so I went to double Design.

I don’t know why I bothered with coming to school today. I realised I didn’t see both Christa and Zachary this morning, but I didn’t really care honestly. I sat in front of the computer doing nothing for the whole double, expect listening to my iPod; the bell for recess finally went and I made my way to the cafeteria. I sat alone with my cheese fries, until Christa decided to show face and sit down with me.

“Took your time?” I continued to chew.

“Sorry,” she unwrapped her chicken salad roll, “I got held up with stuff. Anyway, at least I’m spending time with Zach tonight.” She bit into her roll and smiled.

“True, I’m happy if you’re happy.”

“Any ideas for what to wear Saturday night?”

“Nothing… We’ll see when we go to the mall,” I started finishing my last bunch of fries.

The rest of the day was boring, nothing happened which I assumed would since it was the last day of school. I said bye to Christa before she left with Zach in her car, and I walked home. I blasted Avicii through the stereo when I got home and danced in my underwear; that’s what happens when I get bored as fuck. I turned off the music and watched more Skins, until I got a text message.

Zach: hey, it’s zach!
Anna: haha hi, how did you get my number? :$
Zach: let’s just say a little bird told me.
Anna: funny.
Zach: i’ll see you tomorrow night, yeah?
Anna: sure thing. :)
Zach: xo.

Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little longer chapter for you all.