Status: Writing

My Best Friend's Ex-Boyfriend

12

Next thing I knew, I was already getting ready for Zachary’s party with Christa. The big game was fun, but my throat was sore from all the cheering. Earlier in the day, Christa and I went shopping for some party clothes; I ended up buying a maroon long sleeve crop tee and a pair of denim high-waist shorts. Christa purchased a crop tee with ‘YSL’ logo and the same pants as me.

We both finished our make-up, and I had already finished straightening my hair, so I grabbed a peach from downstairs and ate it while Christa did her hair.

“Do I look alright?”

“Christa, you look hot as fuck, ok?”

We both laughed.

“You little sluzza, your tits are hanging out!” Christa poked my boob.

“They are not!” I poked her back, “I’m sorry I am a developing teenage girl.”

Christa finished straightening her hair, by then, it was about 8:45, so we decided to go. Being inside my house, you could hear Avicii, thank god, blasting throughout the street. However, being in front of Zach’s house, it was even louder.

We walked inside, Christa ran off to find Zach and I was left loner. I shoved through the crowd to the kitchen to get some punch from the bench. I went outside and sat down on one of the abandoned chairs in the corner; I knew Christa would ditch me, I really had no reason to be here, but I am her best friend, so I will do my job of being one.

After a couple of minutes, I saw Christa at the glass door, looking around and when she spotted me, she walked out and over to me.

“Dude, what are you doing?” She sat on my lap.

“Nuddin’. I’m so bored.”

“Meet people, talk, dance, drink ‘till you drop, party your ass away. Do something!”

“I only came to keep you company if Zach was busy.” I sipped from my cup.

“I want you to have fun though!” She stuck out her lower lip, “Choose a boy that you’re interested in this area?”

“Nah, I’ve decided I’m lesbian. I’m too good for boys.”

“Shut up,” I pushed her off my lap and she fell on the ground, we both laughed for a good solid minute.

Until then, Zachary came outside and saw both of us laughing. I looked up and cursed under my breath.

“Boyfriend alert.” I helped Christa stand up.

“Hello girls,” he smiled at us, “How you liking the party?”

“Shit.” I stuck my tongue out.

“Yeah yeah, very funny. Is that what the little bird told you?”

“Totally, never gave me an answer on how you got my phone number though.”

Zach gave me a sly look.

“What?” Christa looked at us both.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, new chapter!