Status: finished :)

New City, New Place, New Me

Chapter 4

MAX POV
I walked outside the apartment block with Brendon ready for him to take me on this day out to see Vegas. First of all i asked if we could go to a local store that would sell stationary and stuff so i have all my stuff ready. We went there and got all of that in no time then we went to the food section and picked out lunch. However as Brendon was picking out all of the food i got distracted into the kids toy section. I found this really funny animal mask and decided i would put it on and show Brendon. However when i got to him i saw some other boy about our age talking to him. Well not in a friendly way. I could see Brendon was deliberately ignoring him because he was picking on him. He looked like one of those stereotypical ‘jock’ boys who had this orange Barbie looking girl perched on the side of his arm.
I walked up beside Brendon and he noticed me and gave me a smile.
“You ok Bren?” and i finally came up for a nickname for him!
He smiled and nodded and said “yeah was just listening to Jack over here throw some abuse at me.. no big deal!” he said in a very sarcastic way which made me laugh and get a dirty look from the girl perched on Jack’s shoulder.
I gave her a very patronising smile which caused a confused from her.
This Jack kids smile became apparent on his face as he noticed i was the new English girl “hey i am Jack, what are you doing with this dork?”
I gave him a smile saying “well i am having the best time ever with this dork! Rather than that be some Barbie doll on your arm who follows your every whim and wish!” i said noticing i cause i chuckle from Brendon as i nudged him that we should get going soon.
Both Jack and his barbie’s face just dropped as we walked away giggling to our selves.
We got our stuff and got back into Brendon’s car. It was some old truck but looked extremely cool. We were jamming out to music when Brendon took a turn up some dusty road through some sort of field. I was curious to where we were going.
BRENDON POV
I started driving up the road that would take us to the top of this empty hill that would overlook Vegas. It was about 4 o clock so if we were up there for a couple of hours it would get dark and you would see it all lit up. I could see the curiosity on her face on were this trail was going to take us.
Finally i got to the top and we stopped and she got out seeing the view. Her mouth dropped in awe as i got out our food from the back and a blanket which i put over the front of the car. She turned around with a smile and saw me sitting on the top of the car hood and joined me leaning back on the window.
I took in what she was wearing which was black skinny jeans with a big rip in each knee, a white t shirt and a black waistcoat on that wasn’t done up. To top it off she was wearing black converse that were very worn out.
I was wearing my black skinny jeans to a red t shirt and i had my leather jacket on.
I noticed the nickname Bren she gave me earlier and i decided it sounded good her saying that to me. I whispered it to myself “Bren”
She obviously heard me and looked at me with a smile.
I smiled back “i like it”
“GOOD! I thought you might not like it which wouldn’t be good!”
We both sat there and ate food and just chatted to each other about the most random and emotional stuff we have been through. She was an awesome girl. We were both taking in the vegas lights as she shuffled closer to me and pointed to one of the buildings in the distance asking
“is that a fake version of the Eiffel tower?”
I nodded “indeed it is”
We both laughed as she put her head on my shoulder “this has been great Brendon” she sat up and looked me in the eyes “thank you”
“my pleasure” i said hopping off the car “we should probably head back and keep those rabbits under control and actually have everybody sit together for once.” We both laughed.
I watched her get off the car and wrap her arms around herself. It was getting a bit chilly so i gave her my leather jacket to wear.
We sat quietly in the car on our journey back as she listened to me sing slow songs that came on the radio.
This had been one of the best days i have had for a while
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you are enjoying this so far!