Status: finished :)

New City, New Place, New Me

chapter 5

MAX POV
It was now Monday Lucy and I’s first day at an American school. Yesterday we just spent some time together as Ryan went to his job in a music shop. She seemed really into Ryan which was good for her. Brendon also went to work at the local smoothie hut. That meant we spent the day relaxing with Spencer and Jon. At lunch though i went down to the smoothie place Brendon worked at to embarrass him infront of everyone. Well that were our intentions turns out he was him crazy self there anyway.
I got on really well with Jon and we talked a lot. He also told me how that as long as they had all been friends that they have never seen Brendon really be with a girl. I found that odd. He is a great looking boy why wouldn’t he be with someone. Wait....did i just say that? Well i won’t be too hasty with him let’s just go with that.
Lucy literally ran out of the apartment to Ryan as they walked down the stairs. I locked up and waited for Brendon to come out who saw my tired face.
“once i get outside i will be cool” i said needing some fresh air on my face
Brendon chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and said “they should have a banner on the front of this school saying welcome to hell!”
Ryan, Lucy,Brendon and I all went to school in Brendon’s truck whilst Jon and Spencer both have their individual scooters. I couldn’t tell if i liked them or not. Well they were vespas so they were pretty nice.
We got to the school and i thanked god you can wear what you want. Wearing a skirt for uniform was horrible now i can just wear skinny jeans, converse and a top and a hoodie. I think i looked exactly like Brendon clothes wise that day. I didn’t mind.
I got through all the lesson fine that day. It turns out not many people take the few lessons i do so i didn’t get harassed. However after lunch we all have 2 free periods were we still have to stay in school so i was looking forward to that. I was saved by my knight in shining armour when i saw Brendon standing outside my class as the bell rang for lunch. I noticed that as students piled out of the class nobody said hello to him just gave him dirty looks as in questioning him why he was standing there. I have realised that these 4 boys obviously weren’t very popular.
Brendon smiled at me as he held out his arms in for a hug.
“how was your first day?” he said walking down the corridor with me with his hands stuck in his jean pockets.
“it was good. Not many people in my classes! How about yours?”
“boring as usual. Ryan being a pain as usual. Spencer being weird as usual. Jon doodling cats as usual. Meeting you outside your class which will now become usual”
I laughed at how many times he used the work usual in one sentence.
“ohh and looks like Lucy has made some friends in the ‘popular crowd” Brendon remarked
I snorted as that was an unusual thing for her.
We kept on walking as we made our way outside to this field and towards a tree were Ryan, Spencer and Jon were laying. No sign of Lucy yet. I wasn’t concerned quite yet im sure she will make the right decision i just hope she doesn’t get caught up in any drama.
I realised why i got advised to bring my own lunch to school because the canteen looked like hell on earth that it was so busy.
We sat down under the tree and i sat next to Bren quite closely which was nice. I could see the others making weird gestures towards Brendon when i wasn’t looking and him shaking his head or nodding. He also mouthed the words ‘not yet, when i am ready’. I found it hilarious as they thought i hadn’t noticed them trying to hide something from me.
We sat there for the last 2 lessons of the day and then made our way back to the car were Lucy was standing talking to some girls in really short skirts and fake tans that made them look like barbies.
I walked over and waved at her and got a disgusting look from the Barbie girls. Brendon came up behind me and ticked my sides making me squirm as we all got in the car waiting for Lucy to get in. She took her time which resulted in all of us including Jon and Spencer on their bikes shouting “OHH COME ON HURRY UP WOMAN JESUS CHRIST MOVE YOU SKINNY ASS OVER HERE” she laughed and walked away from the girls.
As she walked round the other side i just said “bloody barbies everywhere”
We all erupted into fits of laughter as Lucy got into the car highly confused. This was a great starting day of school.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you are enjoying this!