In Their Eyes

Chapter 13

Aisling hasn't talked to me since Monday, and it's Friday today. She's even gone out of her way to have Jake or Donavon pick her up in the morning. Donavon hasn't given me a second look unless it was glare and my heart breaks thinking about what I said to him. I feel bad about everything, and I almost started crying last night when I snapped at Ella.

Sobs broke through my throat as I tried to cover up a fresh set of bruises on my face and throat. Todd asked if we could have sex last night and when I said no he gave me a beating, but at least he didn't force sex with me. When I was sure the bruises were covered up I made my way to the car and heading on my way to school. Memories of that night flooded my head and I had to bite back the bile that started to make its way up my throat. 'No!' I thought angrily. 'You can't let this ruin your life more than it has.' I banged my fist against the steering wheel and let a scream rip its way up my throat.

When I pulled up to the school Todd was waiting by my parking spot. I climbed out of the car and went over to him. He smirked, "I want you at my house at five tonight."

I wanted to say no and wipe that smirk off his face, but the throbbing pain of the fresh bruises kept me in check. I nodded, "okay, what am I suppose to wear?"

"Well, my dad's throwing a dinner party with some big shots, so something nice. Don't disappoint me."

I nodded and her lead me off to class. I swear I walked around school like a zombie all day, though I had done that all week. When cheering practice started up I let the co-captain know that I had to go. I barely realized I walked by Aisling, but when I did that stabbing pain in my gut returned.

I had finally decided on this dress for dinner, and made my way downstairs to go over to Todd's house. I almost ran into Aisling as I rounded the corner.

She looked me up and down in my dress all made up for dinner. "Where are you going, the prom?"

She hadn't talked to me all week, and when she finally did she had to act like that. "It's none of your damned business, Aisling, you would know if it was. If it's to much to even talk to me don't act like you even care." I stormed past her with tears welling up and I made my way to hell.

***

I walked up the Blake's driveway my heels clicking every step of the way. I took a deep breath and made a tight first to rap on the door. I stood there trying to calm my nerves when Todd opened the door. He looked me up and down and nodded.

"You look good, I'm sure my dad will approve. Now come on the other guests are waiting in the living room."

I followed behind him into the living room. His parents both stood up upon our entry. "Good evening mister mayor, Mrs. Blake. Thank you for having me over tonight."

Mrs. Blake smiled at me warmly. "It's always a pleasure to have you, Ginger." She was in her late thirties with honey blonde hair, which was swept up in an elegant up do, her thin frame was clothed by an elegant floor length dress, that put mine to shame.

Her husband was forty with broad shoulders, dark combed hair, and was more stern looking than his wife. His voice was a little gruff as he spoke. "Hello, Ginger. These are our friends, governor Gregory Atkins and his wife Sarah."

I did a slight curtsey. "Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Atkins."

***

Dinner passed by slowly, with boring political talk from the men. Todd spoke up. "Father, may Ginger and I be excused? She was wanting to see the game room and shoot a round of pool."

"Very well boy, go on." Mr. Blake dismissed us with a wave of his hand and turned back to his conversation.

Todd grabbed my hand and led me upstairs, but we were in his room.

"Todd, I thought we were going into the game room." I could feel my heart race picking up and my eyes grow wider.

He laughed, "that was just a good excuse. Now strip and come here."

I shook my head and started to backup only to be met with the door. He walked towards me a dark look on his face. I tried to reach for the doorknob, as I felt it Todd's hands found their way around my throat. He lifted me up to where my feet weren't touching the ground. I scratched at his hand and kicked my feet in a futile attempt to get air into my lungs. Todd squeezed my throat tighter, as tears escaped my eyes, and spoke very low. "Ginger, be a good girl and undress. I'll let go and you better make the right decision, you won't like it the hard way."

He let me go and I fell to my knees. I gasped for air before I turned my face to the ground and started taking off my dress.

***

I walked up the steps to my front door, my neck throbbing where his fingers had been. Tears were still streaming down my face, and I was sure that my cheeks were stained black with my makeup. I opened to door and almost ran right into Aisling.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been a while. Finals and last minutes grades were pressing down on me. I also had major writers block, I think being on the sound in NC this week has helped clear up my mind. I hope this won't happen again because it's summer vacation and I have nothing better to do. ~Sammi