Status: Just started, slowly coming.

Freak Is Just a Word

Determination and Confusion

They arrived home rather late after eating with the Freakshow cast. Ambrosia swapped numbers with both Asia and Morgue so they could keep in touch and so if there were any questions about sword swallowing she could ask. Ambrosia felt great after spending the day with the group and even more determined to learn the art of sword swallowing. The first thing she did upon entering their apartment was take out her coat hanger and preparing to swallow it.

"Really you're going to do that now?" Trenton joked looking at his friend.

"Yes I am. They gave me a confidence boost and now I have to learn. Besides I haven't tried ten times today like Morgue instructed me to."

"Can't you wait till tomorrow? I thought we could have a zombie movie marathon tonight. We haven't had one in forever." He said, knowing she had troubles saying no to watching anything with zombies.

"Get the movie ready and I'm going to practice for a bit until its ready." She agreed. He smiled a bit at his partial win and did as told.

Ambrosia began swallowing her hanger and got it down pretty far and started to choke a bit so she stopped and coughed. Trenton almost had the movie ready after grabbing the first zombie film he could find, but she still had time to try once more so she did getting it about the same distance before it became uncomfortable and she had to stop.

"Movie's ready!" Trenton hollered running over and plopping on the couch with a smile plastered on his face.

"I swear you're still a child sometimes." Ambrosia laughed going to grab herself a water before joining him on the couch.

"You don't have much room to talk." He said kicking her foot lightly. She stuck her tongue out at him just proving his point the two shared a laugh before being captivated by the movie.

At some point they had ended up side by side sharing a bowl of popcorn. Ambrosia's cat curled up beside her sound asleep and Trenton's arm draped behind her on the back of the couch.

"It's all fun and games until the zombie learns to shoot." Ambrosia joked about the movie where the zombie accidentally learned to shoot a gun. Trenton laughed and she looked over at him with a smirk.

They didn't look away though and before she knew it Trenton began leaning closer to her. Their faces mere inches apart. She placed her had against him, stopping him from coming any closer.

"Please don't." She whispered.

"Sorry." He replied leaning away completely.

"No need to be, I just, I don't want to do anything to fuck up our friendship. I don't even know of I really want a relationship right now." She explained.

"It's cool." He muttered quickly eyes never leaving the screen.

She felt bad for rejecting him, but it was happening so fast se just couldn't. Besides she was beginning to think that she was falling for someone else, she didn't know what she was doing or truly feeling right now. She just tried to ignore it and focus on the movie but her mind refused, what was beginning to happen in her life?
♠ ♠ ♠
The zombie movie I was referring to was "Land of the Dead" in case y'all were wondering. I didn't put the name of the movie in it because at the time I wasn't fully sure.

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, all that jazz. Let me know what y'all think. :)