Still the One

XIII.

'I missed you.' Daniel wrapped his arms around me as I ran meeting him out in the yard a couple of days. As soon as he got back from his short trip, he drove right over to my flat so we could spend the day together. I wrapped my legs around his frame buring my face in his collar bone.

'I missed you too.' I replied as my feet felt the grass. He placed his hands on each side of my face kissing my with so much passion. My hands were placed on his sides deepening the kiss. 'I rented a lot of movies, so you're mine tonight.' I pulled him inside of the house sitting down on the sofa with him.

'Where's Tanner?' he wondered curiously.

'He's at my dad's for a couple of days. He wanted to spend time with him, so yeh.' I answered turning on the DVD player. Tanner and I went over to our parent's house for a couple of times in the last couple of days while our mum was at therapy. Dad would give us the latest news on her condition there were good days and bad days. Tanner decided to stay the night, to make things a little bit easier on dad so he could have someone to have actual conversation with. I kicked my legs around laying them across his lap leaning against the arm of the sofa. 'Tell me all about your trip.' I changed the subject from my disfunctional family problems, that I kept hid from everyone around me.

'Well, we basically just goofed around a bit. A lot of practicing and training. It was so tiring, but we're gonna be ready for the next match I believe.' he answered stroking my back with his fingers. 'The lads got a bit annoyed with me because I kept showing off your pictures.' he chuckled embarrassed.

'You did?' I giggled poking his stomach.

'Yeh, talked about you a lot too. Kept telling me to shut up already but I couldn't help it.'

'You're the guy on the team that never shuts up about his relationship. They hate you.' I joked laughing once more. He joined in nodding his head as well.

'I bet but I'm just into you so much.'

'I'm into you too.' I intertwined our fingers holding his hand tight.

'So happy to hear that.' he kissed my hand with a small smile. 'We need to go the shop. You have only healthy stuff in here.' Daniel cried from the kitchen.

'You're the one who should be eating healthy.' I called back pausing the movie to join him in the kitchen.

'I'm allowed to have cheat days. Can we go to the shop?' he wrapped his arms around me.

'Sure, just one second.' I hurried into my room pulling on a crop top and with a high-lo skirt. I brushed my hair and slipped my feet into a pair of sandals. 'Ready.'

'You looked beautiful before.' he pulled me by my hand out to the car, 'y'know love, now I look undressed.' he laughed looking at his team t-shirt and pair of sweats and hightop sneakers.

'Well, I think you look amazing.' I slipped into the door before he closed it behind me. We drove to the local shop and went inside, Daniel grabbed a basket holding it in his hand. I held onto his arm as we walked through the aisles.

'What do you want babe?' he wondered looking down at me. I smiled at our height difference, how he always towered over me. 'What?' he grinned looking down with a confused expression on his face.

'Nothing.' I shook my head looking down.

'Okay.' he picked up a box of cookies placing them in the basket. 'You better get you something because all of this is mine. I don't want to see your hands in my food.'

'Don't say anything when practice is whipping your ass on the field for all this.' I joked looking down at bags of crisps, cookies, cakes, and candy.

'Oh well.' he laughed as well. He grabbed a pint of my favorite Ben&Jerry's ice cream and placed it inside. 'I'll live.'

'Hang on.' I left his arm hurrying through the aisles to the ladies section to grab another box of tampons as I was running low.

'Libby?' a soft voice rung surprised.

'Gemma?' I asked just as stunned, 'wow, you look so different! Your hair, you've dyed it!' I stared at Harry's older sister Gemma, her dark hair was now blonde.

'Do you like it?' she giggled a little embarrassed.

'I love it!' I smiled as we hugged each other, 'it's been a while.' back when Harry and I dated, Gemma and I would always hang out. When he was gone, at shows, or when we'd visit Harry's mum, Anne.

'I know! You look absolutely beautiful by the way.' she agreed. 'Are you coming to the wedding?' she asked curiously.

'Your mum's?' I wondered. Anne had been dating a nice man for a while now, while Harry and I were together he popped the question and of course she said yes. They've seemed to be engaged for years now.

'Yes, Harry didn't tell you? He said he saw you there other day and ran it passed you. Mum is really hoping you could make it. And it'd be nice to hang out again.'

'Sure, I'll get back to you. Is your number still the same?'

'Uh huh.' she nodded her head as she shifted over to lean against her shopping cart. 'You should definitely let me know.'

'Okay, I will. I better get back to my boyfriend, he's probably looking for me.' I laughed slightly.

'It would be totally fine if you brought him along. I hope to see you around.'

'Okay. Bye Gemma.' I waved.

'Bye Libby!' she called back as I turned the corner. I walked over to where I left Daniel and he patiently waited for my return.

'There you are.' he smiled pulling me in for a kiss, 'ready to get out of here?'

'Yep.' I followed him to the check out center and waited while the cashier scanned our items. Daniel grabbed all the bags in one hand holding mine with the other crossing the parking lot. 'So, I ran into Harry's sister, Gemma back then.' I started. He looked over at me and nodded his head.

'How was that?'

'It was good, she mentioned her mum's wedding coming up. She said I could invite you too, if you wanted to go.'

'That sounds good to me, love.' he looked over at me once more, 'I mean if you want to go and if you want me there, I definitely don't have a problem with that.'

'You're too perfect.' I shook my head at him.

'I'm not. You just make me happy, all the time and I want the same for you so whatever makes you happy, I'm all in.'

'How many guys would go to their girlfriends, ex boyfriend's mum's wedding?'

'You're worth it.' he laughed, 'and Harry seems like an upright lad.' I pursed my lips thinking back to the other day with Harry. He came over to my house and stood on the porch, but didn't say a word when I answered the door. I was confused about it all, and what exactly Harry and I were to each other. We weren't friends exactly, or strangers. We were two people who dated and broke up, tried to be friends, and failed and now- it's just complicated. Yeah complicated sums up my relationship with Harry. Just complicated. 'You alright, darling?' he asked worried.

'Yes.' I coughed out giving him an assuring smile.

'Are you sure?' he wasn't convinced. 'Something seems to be bothering you.'

'I'm sure.' I lied in his face, feeling like crap.

'If you say so.' he smiled, 'so, tomorrow one of my mates is having this get together and I was hoping you'd be my date.'

'Of course.' I agreed instantly. 'I finally get to see your mates outside the field.'

'They fool around and are full of banter, just letting you know.' I laughed to myself thinking about all the banter the guys had. Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn constantly teased me and made fun of me just like I was their little sister.

'I can definitely handle banter.' I assured him.

'Okay, good. I don't want them to scare you off.'

'No one can do that.' I smiled at him. We arrived at my house and Daniel grabbed the bags out of the backseat and lifted me up with one arm. 'Daniel!' I laughed as he crouched down going through the door. He laid me down on the carpet and hovered over me attacking my sides with his fingers. 'D-daniel!' I cried out. 'S-stop!'

'What was that? I didn't understand you.'

'D-d-daniel.' I giggled hurting. 'P-please.' he stopped my laughter smashing his lips up against mine. I kissed back leaning up towards his lips. Our lips moved in sync as he pulled me towards him. 'Wow.' I breathed.

'Yeah, I know. I have powers.' he joked standing to his feet and extending his hand out to me. 'C'mon, babe. Let's enjoy our day.' he pulled me to my feet and onto the sofa with him. I smiled snuggling against his chest, feeling perfect.