Still the One

XVI

I was sitting down in my living room with Eleanor and Danielle waiting for Perrie to come back with our food. 'So, what do you think?' I asked after filling them in on the Daniel and Harry situation. Harry told me he wanted me back and in the same day Daniel told me he loved me.

'Well, do you love Daniel?' Eleanor wondered curiously.

'I don't know.' I sighed biting the inside of my cheek, 'I think?'

'You don't think about love, Lib.' Danielle touched my knee with her hand, 'you sort of just know. I like Daniel, we all do. He's a great lad..' her voice trailed off breaking mid-sentence.

'But?' I filled in looking from her to Eleanor, 'what is it guys?'

'Everyone knows that you were never over Harry and he was never over you.' Eleanor answered.

'I was over Harry, I am over Harry.'

'Telling yourself that won't make it true. I'm not doubting your feelings for Daniel, I just think you still have something there for Harry as well. Otherwise this wouldn't have even phased you.'

'Harry left me!' I blurted, 'he left. Do you know how nice it is for me to go out on a date with my boyfriend and don't worry about who sees or who is going to be tweeting about it. We don't have to hide in his flat.' I ranted while they listened. Later in the afternoon the girls left, leaving me there in my flat to think. I had an incoming call from Daniel, so I decided to answer it. 'Hello?'

'Uh, hey-babe.' he said, 'thought I'd get your voice mail. Anyway, I was wondering if you were still coming to the game tomorrow.'

'I was planning to.' I responded.

'Good!' his voice grew with happiness, 'I'll see you then!'

'Alright, bye-bye.' I hung up the phone and made myself an early dinner.

~*~
The next day I woke up later than expected, I crawled out of my bed leaving the bed messy. I showered and got dressed in a pair of black and white striped trousers and a black loose fitting t-shirt. I paired it with a pair of wedged sneakers and tossed my hair into a ponytail. I looked at myself once more before grabbing my purse and heading out to my car. I drove to the field and parked my car along with the others taking a few small breaths. I slung my purse over my shoulder and stepped out of my car. 'Libby, over here!' some of the players' girlfriends flagged me down. I waved back looking around before joining them.

'Hey, guys.' I sat in between Caroline and Amelie.

'Hi, just in time!' Sharon smiled sitting next to Amelie. During the game we stood up and cheered for the team. During half time Daniel jogged away from the table and towards the stands.

'What's he doing?' Caroline wondered. Daniel jumped from step to step until he was standing in front of us.

'Hey, babe.' he kissed my cheek with a smile. 'I'm so happy to see you.'

'Awww.' Caroline and Amelie teased. I gave them a playful glare and turned back to Daniel.

'I am too.' I nodded my head looking up at him. I stood up wrapping my arms around his waist and hiding my face in his jersey. His arms made their way around me as well hugging back. I felt his lips gently kiss my forehead. I smiled keeping my eyes closed.

'Wright!' the coach shouted waving a clipboard in the air.

'Oops. Better get back.' he pecked my lips quickly and jogged his way down to the field. I smiled proudly watching as he made his way all the way back to his teammates.

'He is so smitten!' Sharon cooed at me.

'He's great.' I gushed settling into my seat, admiring him. Their team won, as always - tonight there was a big celebration party because they made it to the semi-finals. 'Are you sure you can't come? It is going to be a blast.' Daniel urged.

'I can't. I promised my little brother we'd do something together.' I held his hands in mine swinging them back and forth, 'and I don't know when we'll get back into the city.'

'Fine.' he groaned with a small cheeky grin. 'It won't be too good then.'

'Yeah, yeah.' I giggled, 'don't party too much without me.'

'Without you? Impossible!'

'Call me tonight?' I leaned up kissing his lips barely.

'Of course.' he whispered before bringing me back in for another kiss. 'Drive safe, love.'

'I will, bye.' I waved getting inside my car and driving half an hour to my dad's house. I honked twice then waited for my brother. Soon later, Tanner trotted out the house and over to my car.

'Hey,' he closed the door behind him, 'how was the game?'

'Good. They won, as usual.' I pulled away from the curb, 'how's mom and dad?'

'Dad's doing a bit of washing- mom's resting.' he replied fastening his seat belt. We went to a restaurant my dad always took us when we were younger. We sat beside each other in a both and ordered our food. 'What's Daniel doing tonight?'

'He's at some party celebrating the win.' I twirled my phone on the table.

'And you didn't go?'

'No, we already had plans and I'm not in the partying mood.' I shrugged waiting for the food to arrive. We ate our dinner and then headed to the cinema nearby to watch the Conjuring. Through the slits of my fingers I watched the film, jumping at just about any noise. It was late when I was dropping Tanner back off at home. I tiredly drove myself home and then to my bedroom. I plugged my phone up since it was just about dead. An hour went by and Daniel hadn't called yet. I looked to my alarm clock and it was past two in the morning. I yawned not able to keep myself up any longer.

~*~

The next morning I rolled out of my bed grabbing my phone as I did. As I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast I unlocked my phone. To my surprise I had several group messages. With Caroline's message there was an attachment. I curiously scrolled down the screen and stared at a small picture of Daniel and some dark-haired girl. I clicked the picture enlarging it to examine it better. His arms were down at his sides as their lips were clearly locked. I gasped using my fingers to zoom in on their lips. I went back to the group conversation reading what the girls had to say.

Caroline: you should call us.
Amelie: we're so sorry libby
Sharon: libby- talk to us.

I went back out of the conversation and saw I had some long message from Daniel. I sighed heavily deleting the message and returning to the group chat.

Libby: thanks for letting me know.

Tears raced down my cheeks one after another. My jaw wobbled shakily before bursting out into a complete fit. I grabbed the keys off my table and swung back my flat's door. There stood Harry, startled. 'Hey?' he stared down at me, 'wait- Libby what's wrong?' he asked concerned.

'D-daniel.' I croaked out throwing my hands in there air frustrated.

'What? What he do?'

'He- cheated on me.' I admitted tossing the keys across the room. Before I could say or do anything else Harry's arms were wrapped around me.

'I'm so sorry, Lib. So so sorry.' he murmered. He pulled me to the sofa letting me cry on his plain white t-shirt. The entire time he just repeated, "don't cry" in my ear. I settled down wipping my eyes as I pulled away I could smell Harry's cologne on my shirt.

'Sorry about that.' I sniffled sitting Indian style across from him on the sofa.

'It's just a shirt, are you okay?'

'He just told me he loved me a couple of days ago.'

'I could go and kick his ass, if you want.' Harry smirked with a laugh. I stiffed out a laugh as well shaking my head in response.

'That won't be necessary.' I wiped my wet eyes. 'What made you come by?'

'Well, you weren't returning my texts or calls so I thought I'd stop by and try this conversation in person.'

'What conversation?' I asked even though I knew exactly what Harry was talking about.

'You know, some days ago, outside Liam and Danielle's flat. About me, wanting you back?'

'Oh that conversation.' I nodded my head.

'Yeah, that conversation.' Harry chuckled. 'I want to try us, again.'

'I'm not really looking to get in another relationship just right this second.'

'And I wouldn't expect you too, I can wait. I've waited this long just to tell you, so I can definitely wait.' He leaned over on the sofa and turned on the television.

'What are you doing?' I wondered.

'Just in case you want to go take a swing at his car, I'll be your getaway driver.'

'Harry...' I started.

'What do you want to watch?' he cut me off flipping through the channels. I smiled to myself looking at the TV as well.

'You pick.' I replied settling down in the sofa.
♠ ♠ ♠
an update! so sorry I haven't posted in F O R E V E R - i'm on summer break, going to college this month and everything's been super hectic well i still hope you all are still interested in this story and if so, hope you enjoyed it