Still the One

XVIII.

'What do you want?' I leaned against the door not letting him inside of my flat.

'I want to talk, please.' he blinked at me with an apologetic expression on his face. He towered over me like a kid under a tree, bringing shade and comfort. 'We've talked for months and now I'm asking you to talk to me again, like we've always have.' I leaned over shifting my weight onto my other foot debating whether or not I should listen to him.

'Five minutes Daniel.' I moved aside letting inside of my flat then following him over to sofa.

'Look I know the picture looks horrible but it was completely taken out of context. We went out to celebrate, like I told you. Things ended up getting quite insane because everyone was just getting completely hammered. I wasn't Libby- I swear to God I wasn't. The girl came over to me, insanely out of it. She kissed me. I moved her off of me and onto the sofa, and didn't say another word to her after that. That picture was taken at the worst possible time but believe me I'm not trying to be the victim in all of this. I shouldn't have went without you in the first place and I absolutely regret it. I am so sorry you had to even see that, but believe me I would never, ever disrespect you in such a way. I care about you and think too highly of you to do so.' his words rambled out of his mouth. 'I tried to call and text you to let you hear it from me but I'm guessing Caroline and others got to you first.' I pursed my lips taking in every word he was saying. 'Please talk.'

'I don't know what you want me to say.' I looked up at him running a hand through my hair.

'That you forgive me?' he stated hopeful, 'and that we can go back to being a happy couple.'

'You should go.' I stood up walking over to the door, 'I need to be alone.'

'Oh.' he nodded his head understandingly, 'take your time.'

'Bye Daniel.' I waved as he walked to his car.

'Bye Libby.' he called back taking a few seconds to look at me.

~*~

'Libby, come on! We'll be late!' Danielle called from the living room.

'I'm coming!' I called back looking at myself once more in the mirror. I was wearing a red peplum and a pair of ripped black leggings, and my black Steve Madden boots. I tossed my hair into a high messy ponytail then joined Danielle in the living room. 'I'm ready!'

'Finally, trying to get dressed up for Harry?' she teased with a smile. I fanned her off and followed her out the door. Tonight we were going to an exclusive preview of their new movie This Is Us. It had been a little over a week since Daniel came over to my flat. We arrived to the location and parked along side Niall's Range Rover. I grabbed my purse and stayed behind Danielle as we entered the building. Eleanor and Louis were in the corner in a deep conversation. Niall was talking to some brunette, must be the famous Amy. Liam and Zayn were laughing with Perrie. Harry was leaning against the snack table eating popcorn. I walked right up to him saying hello.

'Hello, Libby.' he pulled me in for a tight hug, 'you look great.'

'Thank you. You too.' I complimented. Harry was dressed in a fitted black t-shirt and black jeans and as
usual, his brown boots.

'You are such a liar.' he looked down at himself with a grin. 'Do you want to watch together?' he asked. I nodded my head in response then we went to find a seat together. We sat in a loveseat side-by-side. His leg brushed up against mine as his arm wrapped around the back of the seat. My phone buzzed in my bag. I pulled it out and brought it to my face.

Perrie: oooh cozy? (;

I looked up at Perrie who was smirking over at Harry and I. Harry stiffed out a laugh eyeing my phone screen then looking at Perrie. I shook my head with a small laugh putting my phone away. We waited for the rest of the guys team to arrive along with some family and friends. 'Libby!' Gemma smiled pulling me up for a hug. 'How are you?'

'I'm good, is Anne here?'

'Yeh, she and Robert are right behind me.'

'I'll be right back.' I said to Harry and hurried over to Anne.

Harry's Point of View

'So baby brother, why didn't you tell me about Libby?' Gemma plopped down in Libby's spot.

'I wasn't aware there was anything to tell?' I cocked my head to the side staring at Libby. My mum immediately pulled her in for a firm hug. They began talking like they never stopped.

'Are you dating or what?' Gemma urged snapping me from my thoughts. A small smile danced on my lips. 'you are, aren't you?!'

'No!' I laughed, 'we're not, yet.'

'What do you mean by yet?'

'We're definitely closer than we've been but we're just friends.'

'Well what are you waiting for?'

'That ex of hers cheated on her and she's not ready just yet. So I'm just waiting for her until she is.' I explained to Gemma.

'Well I absolutely adore Libby, she's such an amazing girl.'

'I know.' I smiled at Libby. She was amazing. Libby got along with my mum, was great friends with my sister, and my best mates thought of her as their little sister. So it was perfect. She looked back in my direction and smiled at me talking to my mum, obviously about me. She hugged my mum once more then returned back over to Gemma and I.

'We'll talk later.' Gemma excused herself and joined my mum and Robert. Libby sat next to me settling in the seat. We watched the rough-cut of This Is Us which was set to drop at the end of this month.

'I'll be right back.' I said to her and walked over to Danielle and Liam.

'Yes Harold?' Liam grabbed his jacket of the chair.

'Danielle, I'm going to give Libby a lift. Okay?' her and Liam exchanged knowingly looks. 'Alright.' I walked back over to Libby, 'ready to get out of here?'

Libby's Point of View

'Sure.' I nodded saying goodbye to everyone as I left with harry. He opened the car door for me and closed it once I was inside.

'So, how'd you like it?' Harry wondered.

'It was good, I can't wait to see the full finished movie.' I replied.

'Do you want to get some ice-cream?'

'I'd love to.' I agreed. He smiled back and directed his eyes to the road. We went to the ice cream shop and got out the car. Lucky for us there was only two workers in the building.

'Can I get vanilla and peanut butter in two waffle cones?' Harry slid a couple of bills on the counter, 'that still your favorite?'

'You remembered.' I nodded as confirmation.

'Of course.' he received his change then handed me my ice-cream cone. We sat at a table across from each other talking. 'So are you ready to head back to the UNI?'

'No.' I laughed shaking my head. He laughed with a grin.

'Why not?'

'I have to take one more math class and you know how horrible I am that.' I admitted.

'I'll help you.' he promised.

'Thank you.' we finished up and headed to my house. Harry walked me to my porch, 'I had a really good time.'

'Yeh, same here. I nearly forgot how amazing it is to be around you. Everyone needs a Libby White in their life.' I wrapped my arms around his waist hugging within instance he was hugging back. I slowly pulled away from looking up at him. He leaned down pausing for my reaction. I met him halfway our lips inches away from one another. A car door slammed and Daniel jumped out.

'Libby?!' he questioned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not to sound selfish or greedy for comments but i see the reads so i know people read the chapters and are subscribed to the story but if never get feedback how do I know if i should continue it or do something better for future chapters so i would highly appreciate feedback from you guys