Still the One

XIX.

'Daniel? What are you doing here?' I questioned moving back from Harry who was just watching closely.

'I came over here to see how you were doing but from the looks of it you're doing just fine.' Daniel eyed Harry angrily, 'why are you back with him? Are you waiting for him to leave you again?' he spat at me tossing his hand in the air, 'I've been there for you Libby. He wasn't.' I stared at him, speechless and shocked. Daniel and Harry never broke their eye contact. 'I thought you needed time to think not to date other people.'

'You should go Daniel.' I sighed. Without a word he stormed off to his car and slammed the door speeding away. Harry cleared his throat, reminding me he was still here too. 'You should go home Harry.' I stated before going into my flat and I closing the door tightly behind me.

Harry's Point of View

We were so close! She was right there. I climbed into my car closing the door. My hand slapped the steering wheel as I started it with my other. I made it back to my flat in practically no time driving faster than usual. I took my shirt and necklaces off then ditched my jeans and shoes flopping silently into bed. I grabbed my phone from beside me and pulled Libby's name up going to a new text message. I'll give her some time. I got back up and slapped the light switch and got back into bed falling asleep.

~*~

The next day I took a shower, got dressed and went to the small bakery not too far from my flat to get breakfast. I sat in my car eating my pastry staring at the park in front of me. A small girl ran with her father chasing after the small birds. A tiny smile formed on my face. Somehow this tiny girl reminded me of Libby. Everthing about outside amazed her, she loved being out every single day. I bawled up the wrapper and tossed it directly into a bin outside of the car. I went to the gym to get my morning workout in. I walked into the weightroom where Niall was already getting his out of the way. 'Hey pal.' I sat on the floor stretching my legs. He nodded his head upward focusing on finishing his rep. Once he finished he turned towards me wiping his face.

'So I saw you leave with Libby last night.' he smirked down at me.

'Her ex ruined the whole thing.' I scoffed, 'we were having this moment on her steps, he came right then.'

'No!' Niall laughed.

'Yeh wanted to kick his ass then and there. Then get this, Libby tells me to go too.'

'You gonna talk to her?'

'I'm going to give it some time.' after that I didn't say much else. Niall and I finished our workouts and parted ways.

Libby's Point of View

'So happy you made it!' Gemma pulled me in for a hug.

'Of course!' I smiled walking into the building with her. Today I was going with Gemma to try on her bridesmaid dress for her mum's wedding coming up in a matter of weeks. A worker came up to us and escorted us to the back. She went to get the dress and left us alone. 'So how excited are you and Anne?'

'Very! She can hardly wait.' Gemma smiled. 'She would've been here but she's out with the planner. She sends her love.'

'Well I'm happy to fill in.' I smiled as the woman re-entered the room with Gemma's dress. Gemma slipped behind a curtain and tried it on.

'Ready?'

'Yes!' I called back to her. The curtain easily opened and she was dressed in a knee-length black dress. 'Gemma!' I beamed standing up. 'It's so cute!'

'Do you really think so?' she looked in the mirror unsure.

'Completely! It's perfect.' I assured her. She twirled smiling at her reflection.

'I like it too. I'm just nervous, I'm bringing a date.' with that she disappeared back behind the curtain.

'Really? Who?'

'A guy my friends set me up with. We've hung out a bit.'

'Aww, what's his name?'

'Connor.' she stated back, 'so how about you?'

'What about me?'

'I mean are you going with my little brother?'

'I don't know.' I looked down at my shoes.

'I know he wants to.' she emerged from the curtain with dress carefully in her hands. 'Even if he's too coy to tell you himself. He really wants you to be his date.' Gemma and I walked to the cars before we parted our ways, 'I had such a lovely time with you. We must do it again soon, okay?'

'Okay. We will.' I hugged her once she laid the dress in the backseat of her car.

'And really consider what I suggested.' she urged.

'Bye.' I laughed before walking away to my car. I got inside and set my purse in the passenger side starting my car up. I arrived back to my flat to see a bouqet roses on my front steps. I stared at them confused lifting the bouqet up.

sorry for how i acted. - Daniel.

I sighed walking in the house and tossing them on the table with the note. I put on a pair of shorts and a tanktop with a pair of my running trainers. I put my headphones in as I jogged off my steps. Love Drunk by Little Mix began to play as I put my phone on shuffle. What I had to support my friend? I began jogging along the curb in my neighborhood. I went up the steep hill sprinting from my own thoughts.

My eyes are blue but I'm seeing red
And I just can't shake you outta my head
Maybe maybe maybe, maybe maybe maybe
I'm a little bit love drunk
Ever get the feeling when you're miles away
Everybody's looking at me walking, stumbling
Hardly talking, mumbling, going red in the face
Promise I've been drinkin' only lemonade, it's all I take
My hearts just on one about someone
And I'm a little bit love drunk

Then one of all time favorite songs came on. Westlife's If I Let You Go.

Day after day
Time passed away
And I just can't get you off my mind
Nobody knows, I hide it inside
I keep on searching but I can't find
The courage to show to letting you know
I've never felt so much love before
And once again I'm thinking about
Taking the easy way out
But if I let you go I will never know
What my life would be holding you close to me
Will I ever see you smiling back at me?
How will I know
if I let you go?

My phone buzzed cutting into the music so I hunched over near a tree. My shaky hand unlocked my phone as I read a text from Perrie with a link to soundcloud attatched to it.

Perrie: listen to this ASAP.

I sat down on the curb and pressed the link. "HARRY STYLES (NEW) DON'T LET ME GO" I pressed the small play button and waited as it started.

Now you were standing there right in front of me
I hold on it's getting harder to breathe
All of a sudden these lights are blinding me
I never noticed how bright they would be
I saw in the corner there is a photograph
No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you
It lies there alone in its bed of broken glass
This bed was never made for two
I'll keep my eyes wide open
I'll keep my arms wide open
Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone
I promised one day that I'd bring you back a star
I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand oh
Seems like these days I watch you from afar
Just trying to make you understand
I'll keep my eyes wide open yeah
Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone
Don't let me
Don't let me go
Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone.

Somehow I jogged over four miles to Harry's flat. His white vintage car and black Range Rover were parked side-by-side so he was home I ran up to the door and frantically knocked on it. Harry opened the door with a journal in his hand, 'Libby?' he stared at me confused. I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him hard. He was shocked at first but didn't waste much time to kiss me back. The brown journal made a soft thud on his carpet floor. Harry lifted me in the air where I wrapped my legs around his waist. My hands ran through his soft curls making them messy. His large hands were running up and down my sides. Neither one of us bothered to pull back, our lips moved in perfect unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
i really really love this chapter and i hope you guys do too