Still the One

XXIX.

‘Where?’ I questioned as I took his hand.

‘You’ll see.’ He replied simply escorting me onto the empty plane. ‘Don’t worry about class. It’s all taken care of.’ He assured me as if he was reading my mind. ‘Just sit here and relax.’ We sat down in our seats where Harry wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned my head on his arm.

‘This is my first time flying.’ I admitted shyly, ‘anywhere.’

‘It’s going to be fine. I promise.’ He gave my hand a tight squeeze, ‘don’t worry.’

‘These things crash.’ I breathed heavily. Harry let out a chuckle shaking his head.

‘Relax.’ He stated. I nodded holding onto his hand as the plane slowly lifted into the air. I ended up falling asleep on Harry’s arm with our hands intertwined. ‘Libby.’ I felt Harry’s lips press against my temple, ‘wake up.’ I looked out the window to see we had landed alongside other airplanes. ‘Ready to see where we are?’ I nodded my head standing as did Harry. We got our luggage and went into a large building where paps flocked us.

HARRY! ARE YOU HAVING A GETAWAY WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!

HARRY WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE LASTEST RUMOR ABOUT YOUR GIRLFRIEND’S EX BOYFRIEND?

HARRY! HOW WAS THE FLIGHT MAN?

I smiled at their American accents. I held onto Harry’s hand firmly with my other hand with a hold of his tee shirt. Security helped us out to the front of the building where our car awaited. Harry put all our luggage into the back of the car and climbed in beside me as did the driver. I let my eyes wonder out the window. The skies were blue and bright. The sun was beating down. LAX. I gasped looking at Harry. ‘We’re- we’re in America?! In Los Angeles?’

‘Yeah, I think we are.’ He laughed kissing my cheek. I covered my face as tears snuck their way down my cheeks. ‘What’s the matter? Happy tears?’ I nodded wiping my cheeks. ‘I’m happy you’re happy.’

‘Thank you.’ I buried myself in his shirt.

‘You’re welcome baby.’ He smiled stroking my back with his fingers. We arrived at our hotel and hurried inside while being photographed. Harry got our room key and went into the lift.

‘Why didn’t Paul or Preston come along?’ I inquired as the lift began to go up. We stopped on the floor to see a large man in a suit waiting.

‘Preston and Andy are flying in tonight. I hired someone for the time being. Hello, you must be Charles?’

‘Yes sir, Mr. Styles.’ His voice boomed.

‘This is Libby.’ Harry let me off the lift first holding my hand.

‘Lovely to meet you.’ I waved with my free hand.

‘We’re going to rest for a bit.’ Harry informed Charles.

‘I’ll be right outside the door.’ Charles stood against the wall near our door. Harry nodded and set the luggage down on the floor before lifting me up laughing. He kicked the door closed with his foot and plopped down on the bed with me in his arms.

‘How?’ I inquired looking into his eyes, ‘how’d you get my clothes and suitcase?’

‘Well I may have been the reason Zayn and Perrie kept you a bit long.’ He grinned.

‘And the school?’

‘I called told them you would be out of the country with me for personal reasons. The dean promised to pass it on to your professors.’

‘How?’ I repeated.

‘I’m very persuasive.’ He chuckled as I pulled my phone out of my purse. ‘One condition.’

‘What?’

‘No phones.’ He took my phone and turned his off then did the same with his. ‘This trip. Just you and I.’ I nodded my head agreeing kissing him. He didn’t waste any time to begin kissing back. Our lips were heavily intertwined moving in perfect unison. I settled on top of Harry resting my head on his chest. We laid there for about three hours just talking when Harry sat up, ‘we’re in Los Angeles. What do you want to do first?’

‘Can we see the Hollywood sign?’

‘Anything you want.’ He sat up and pulled on his shoes. I grabbed my purse while sliding my feet into a pair of flats. ‘Open that bag over there.’ Harry pointed at the black suitcase in the chair. ‘I need something out of it.’ I walked over to the suitcase and unzipped it. Inside was a Canon camera.

‘Your camera?’

‘Yours.’ He shook his head, ‘I want you to capture every moment on our trip.’ I smiled letting my fingers graze over the shiny new black camera. It appeared to be just taken out the box briefly to be set up. I put the strap around my neck and aimed it at Harry. He flashed one of his cheesy wide smiles my direction. Harry pulled on a hat and sunglasses taking my hand, ‘we’re wanting to see the Hollywood sign.’ Harry informed Charles. Charles nodded and began walking behind us. We made it to the lobby of the hotel where outside there were dozens of fans waiting.

‘Go around through the hotel’s kitchen. I pulled the car around there.’ Charles said walking out the hotel.

‘Come on Lib.’ Harry did as Charles said and snuck us through the kitchen in the hotel. We walked out in the alley near the hotel where a black SUV pulled alongside the door. We hurried inside and Charles peeled out of the alley. I looked through the dark windows at the city of Los Angeles. There were people everyone. Police on those Segways. There was bright graffiti on the wall. LOVE IS EQUAL. PEACE NOT WAR. I rolled down the window for a few seconds to take a picture of the walls. There were thousands of shops here all looking different than the last. Girls on skates. Guys jogging. Palm trees. I smiled quickly taking about a dozen photos of the palm trees. Harry chuckled at my amusement placing his hand on my thigh.

‘It’s so pretty here.’ We arrived as close as we could get to the Hollywood sign and got out the car. I took more pictures of it. Then Harry pretended to hold it up in one of my pictures. I laughed wrapping my arms around his torso, ‘thank you so much for this.’

‘Don’t mention it. What’s next on your list?’

‘Um.’ I paused pulling out my journal of all the things I wanted to do in Los Angeles I wrote back at the hotel. Harry sat beside me scribbling lyrics down into his little brown book. ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame.’

‘Let’s do it.’ We arrived at the walk of fame but there was a lot of people everyone looking at it as well.

‘It’s too crowded right now.’ Charles stated from the front seat. I nodded in agreement while Harry looked out the window. ‘It’s bound to be a lot of commotion.’

‘I promise we’ll see it before we leave.’ Harry intertwined our fingers.

‘Okay.’ I smiled taking a picture from inside the car. Harry yawned beside me as we drove around the city of Los Angeles. ‘How about we get some rest then we can have more fun tomorrow.’ I suggested.

‘No. I’m fine.’ Harry caught on. I gave his hand a tight squeeze.

‘We can have a nice relaxing night together.’ I offered. ‘Wouldn’t you like that?’

‘Yeh sounds good.’

‘Charles back to the hotel.’ I called up to him.

‘Right away Miss. White.’ He called back. We snuck back into the hotel the same way we left and went into our room.

‘Charles, could you do me a favor?’

‘What is it?’ he asked.

‘Could you go get us dinner from In-And-Out burger?’ Harry asked slipping Charles several bills. ‘Two of their biggest burgers and fries. Shakes too. Vanilla and chocolate.’ Charles nodded once again before heading down the hallway.

‘In-and-Out burger?’ I raised an eyebrow looking at Harry.

‘They have the best burgers in LA.’ He pulled me into the room. ‘How about we shower and order some movies. I burst out into a fit of giggles. ‘Not- together. Because- well if you wanted.’ Harry stuttered bursting into laughter as well.

‘I know what you meant.’ I smiled going into my suitcase pulling out a fresh pair of night clothes then headed to the toilet. By the time Harry finished showering Charles came back with greasy bags. The aroma from the food filled the air. ‘That smells really good.’ Harry and I curled up together in bed while Charles went to meet Preston and Andy at the airport.

‘Get ready.’ He pulled out a large burger out of the bag and handed it to me with fries. I sipped on my shake unwrapping the paper. ‘Try it.’ Harry pointed already biting into his. I took a bite as a smile spread across Harry’s face, ‘how great is that?’

‘Really great.’ I took another. We finished up eating and settled under the sheets.

‘So tomorrow. We’re going to go to Disneyworld, the walk of fame, Santa Monica pier, and the Los Angeles zoo so we can knock those off your list. It’ll be easier when we have more security.’ I snuggled against his bare chest tracing the butterfly tattoo.

‘We’ll we better get to sleep.’ I murmured against his chest as Harry leaned in to cut the lamp off. ‘Goodnight Harry.’

‘Sweet dreams Libby.’ He responded. Moments later I heard Harry softly snoring beside me. The next morning when I woke Harry was out in the hallway talking. I could hear a couple of different voices bouncing off the wall. I went into the toilet to brush my teeth and hair then got dressed. I applied my makeup then opened the door. ‘Good morning.’ Harry broke from his conversation to acknowledge me. He was dressed in a Beatles shirt, dark jeans ripped at his knees, and black boots. His curls were tousled over his head from rolling around in the bed all night. Amongst Harry were Andy and Preston. Two of the lads security. I hugged each of them saying hello.

‘Haven’t seen you around in ages love.’ Andy chuckled. Andy and Preston were two big bulky middle-aged men. From the first glance you’d be absolutely terrified of them but they’re practically two cuddly teddy bears.

‘Are you two ready to go, yeh?’ Preston inquired. We nodded our heads in unison then I grabbed my purse and camera and followed Harry down the hall. We stopped in the hotel’s café area and grabbed pastries to go. I sat in the back beside Harry watching as we passed the people of LA. We pulled into the parking lot of the famous Disney World and got out the car. Charles was in front of us, Andy was beside Harry, and Preston walked close behind. Harry held my hand in his as we walked up to the entrance. Harry paid for our wristbands then wrapped the neon green paper around my wrist.

‘Ready?’ he smiled walking under the bridge way into the theme park. There were kids everywhere. Parents chasing close behind. Couples swinging their hands back and forth. A small girl held onto her Mickey Mouse shaped balloon. A family of four were all licking on their ice cream cones sitting across from each other. I held Harry’s hand with my arm slipped through his as we walked. I spotted a few of the Disney Princesses as we walked. I took out my camera and caputured great shots of the amusement park.

‘Excuse me. Excuse me.’ I woman flagged us down with little girls hiding behind her. ‘Could I bother you for a quick picture. They’re big fans.’

‘Mister Styles isn’t taking pictures tod-..’ Preston started.

‘Sure.’ Harry piped in causing the security to look at him. He shrugged hugging each of the girls and taking a quick picture with them. After a few rides we stopped at the gift shop. Harry bought me a pair of Minnie Mouse ears and placed it on my head.

‘How does it look?’

‘Amazing.’ He grinned taking my camera and aiming it at me.

‘Harry no.’ I frowned covering my face.

‘Aw come on.’ He urged briefly setting the camera down. I stuck my tongue out at him and he took a picture, ‘can I get a smile?’ he asked smiling. I flashed him a smile with my thumb up, ‘gorgeous.’ He put the camera strap around my neck wrapping an arm around my shoulder. We then walked to the consession stand and waited in the line. ‘so instead of in-and-out burger I was thinking we’d go out tonight the two of us. What do you say?’

‘I say yes.’ I nodded turning to him. He flashed me a smile and stepped to the front.

‘Could we get a thing of candy floss?’ Harry asked. The woman cocked her head to the side squinting her eyes at him.

‘Cotton candy.’ I giggled pointing at the sign near the bags of candy floss. She nodded after catching on. Harry paid her and we began walking with a big bag of blue cotton candy. I pinched a piece of and popped it into my mouth. After piece on piece our tongues were blue as well as Harry’s fingers.

‘Kiss?’ Harry grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me in for a kiss. I smiled against his lips kissing him again. I felt all eyes on Harry and I but he didn’t seem to care, so I shouldn’t either. We kissed quickly again. Then again. I broke away laughing. Harry wrapped his long arm around me once again before we started walking. Harry was talking to a group of fans when I turned to my purse and quickly turned my phone on. Harry had a “no phones” rule for this trip. My phone immediately broke out in a set of chimes and vibrates. Perrie. Eleanor. Tanner. Danielle. Girlfriends of Daniel’s friends. Eleanor again. Zayn. Niall. Tanner. Daniel? I was about to read the messages when Harry turned back to me with a knowingly smile. ‘Hey.’ He grabbed my phone from me and handed it to Andy. I plastered a fake smile on my face as Harry snaked his arm around my waist. What could Daniel possibly want with me?