I Need You Now

Observing

~ Josh's POV ~

When me and Max got back to the bus we were alone which was exactly what I feared would happen. I was still holding his hand as we got onto the bus. But I soon let go as we got on. I rushed off upstairs to the toilet to get a towel or tissues or something. 
Whilst I was in the toilet I stated in the mirror at myself. 
I slapped my face. 
'Come on Josh,it's just Max your best friend,you can do it' I repeated to myself in the mirror as words of encouragement. 

When I got back downstairs Max was sat on the sofa topless staring at his bare arms. 
'Don't worry' I told him as I knelt in from of him 'You look fine' Which was true,he looked gorgeous as always. 
'What will I say to the guys?' He looked at me as I applied pressure to his cuts. 
'You were gonna lie?' I retorted as I wiped the cuts with a wet cloth. 
'I can't tell them' I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. 
'Why not? You told me' I continued to tend to his cuts. 
'But you are'
'But I am?' I questioned as he peaked my interest. 
'Different' He gave a faint smile. 
'How am I?' I stopped tending to his cuts to listen. 
'I guess I prefer you to the others' He shrugged his shoulders as I saw his cheeks go pink. 
'Thanks,I prefer you too' I smiled up at him returning my attention to his cuts 'But will you lie?' I asked as I got up to reach into the cupboard for the first aid kit. 
'I don't want to tell them,you just tell them to stop please or I'll-'
'NO!' I turned around to face him after getting the first aid kit 'No Max,you will not do this again,Max promise' I knelt before him once more 'Max' I urged him to speak as he held out his arm for me to bandage up. He winced and whimpered at my touch 'Max? Promise me?' He looked up and smiled at me.
'Promise,just-'
'I will'
'What?'
'I will tell the others'
'Tell them?' He raised his eyebrow.
'Whatever you want me to tell them mate' I smiled up at him as I spoke. He began to stare at me as I finished 'What?'
'Nothing' He blushed slightly as I looked up.
'Go on? You want to say something?' I sat up on the chair opposite him as I finished speaking.
'I was just looking at you' He placed his arm by his side,wincing as he did so.
'Why?' I asked as he gained my interest.
'I was just observing you' He smiled trying to divert from his now red cheeks. He lit up a room when he smiled,I loved his smile. I smiled back at him.
'Thanks' I felt my cheeks heat up.

We sat for a while talking,I tried to divert away from anything involving any link to what had happened today.
I didn't really listen to him,as he put it,I observed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!