The Opportunity Has Just Begun

Shopping Adventures

“Sid why is there no food?” I searched the cupboards high and low not find anything that wasn’t protein powder or Gatorade.
“We haven’t been shopping yet,” he shrugged.
“What? Oh my god Sid I just took my insulin so I really need to have breakfast. Why haven’t you been shopping?”
“Well between your doctor appointments and my meetings we haven’t been had time this week,” he argued.
“Great,” I slammed the fridge shut and headed off back up to my room.

“Hey Geno what are you doing?” I mashed my keys in annoyance.
“Nothing, why?”
“Do you want to go and get breakfast?”
“Ok ))) be there 5 minutes.”
“Can I ask a huge favor first?”
“Ok?”
“Sid forgot to go shopping. Can you take me?”
“Da ))”

I couldn’t help being annoyed at Sid. He had made it very clear that he was in charge of shopping yet still didn’t do it. If it wasn’t for diabetes I wouldn’t have been as annoyed about it, but I couldn’t afford to go through this. Missing one meal now meant that I could spend all day in bed not being able to move or see straight.

“Coming!” I called jogging down the stairs as the doorbell rang.

“Hey Cam, I am sorry,” Sid stood in the foyer as I opened the door.
“It’s ok, Geno and I are going out for breakfast,” I opened the door to reveal the familiar Russian.
“Oh um I can go shopping now if you like,” he offered.
“Don’t worry about it,” I put my hand on his arm, “Geno’s going to help me.”
“Ok,” he looked down at his hands and shifted, “I am sorry.”
“It’s ok Sid,” I felt so bad about getting angry at him and with his sorry hazel eyes I couldn’t stop myself from throwing my arms around him apologizing over and over, “it’s still taking some time to get use to this whole thing.”
“Sid you come breakfast too,” Geno stood in front of us smiling wide.
“Oh no G, it’s fine,” Sid put his hands up rejecting the offer, “I have some things I have to do.”
“Sure Sid?” he pressed a typical Geno thing to do.
“Yeah it’s ok.”
“Your loss.”

I couldn’t really stay mad at Sid, more just agitated. His eyes were too much that he could do no wrong. He was like this perfect robot man that no matter what he did still seemed flawless.

“What wrong with you and Sid?” Geno asked between mouthfuls.
“Nothing I was just annoyed that he forgot to go shopping,” I shrugged.
“Glad not live with you,” he smiled knowing that comment would bug me.
“Shut up,” I narrowed my eyes, “I am not that bad.”
“Yes,” he answered so quickly I just had to know what I did that was so bad.
“Really?”
“You not know because you live with him. But you bossy, everything perfect, always your way and worst,” he shoved a piece of bacon in his mouth, “and worst stubborn.”
“I am not stubborn,” I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him.
“Yes you are,” he nodded his head as if it wasn’t up for discussion.
“Well you’re just as much of ass as he is,” I snatched the napkin from under his cutlery.

Spending time with Geno probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do right now. I knew he and Oksana had been fighting and I was annoyed at Sid but I was just his teammate so I guess it couldn’t have hurt.

“What about?” he turned to me with a pair of pink star shaped sunglasses on.
“Oh they are definitely your color, but I don’t think the stars are working… here,” I handed over a simple round pair with pink frames.
“Ok,” he swapped them over and smiled proudly.
“Yeah no, I was wrong,” I pulled them off of him and shoved them back, “let’s go.”

I was already beginning to regret going shopping with him as he began putting things in the cart that I was not buying.

“What did I say about sweets? I can’t have them,” I put the tray of cakes back.
“But cakes best,” he argued.
“Yes and I am trying to forget just how good they are, so stop,” I tried to warn him with my eyes but nothing worked.
“No fun,” he pushed the cart into the back of my leg being even more of a jerk.

I continued wondering the aisles looking for some fast acting sugar supplies to eat for when training and game nights.

“These?” Geno stood leaning over the cart handle with a container in his hand.
“What does the packet say?” I continued searching the shelves.
“Glucose tablets.”
“Yes,” I perked up and ran over to him snatching the container, “perfect.”
“I know I am,” he stood up proudly.
“You wish jelly fish. Get me two more packets,” I pushed the container into his chest.

I heard him mocking me as I walked off so I gave him the finger. It didn’t really help the situation but it certainly made me feel better.

“You know it’s my birthday on Saturday,” I spoke up as we stood in line at the checkout.
“Yes, Sid tell me. Still baby,” he stared at the rack of magazines.
“After this weekend I won’t be.”
He mumbled something to himself before his stood up straight and gave me some kind of weird smile that I couldn’t register what he was trying to mean by it, “need these then,” he tossed a packet of condoms in the cart.
“Geno,” I frowned snatching the packet from all the food about to throw them back, but with his raise eyebrows I tossed them in the cart, “your right. I might need them this weekend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like these two needed to have their friendship developed a little more so a morning out having breakfast an some orthodox food shopping is the way I went. :) enjoy