Status: Please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading

Beauty and a Beast

Old Friend

While trying to keep her composure, Arryn tried to lead Aaliyah through the forest, while keeping a hold on Frodo, with Aragorn, and the other Hobbits following. The strain on her shoulder was painful, and she knew she couldn’t hold on much longer, but she had to hold on. They had travelled all night, and it was close to morning, and they still had not rested. Arryn passed some trolls that had been turned to stone, and she couldn’t take it any longer. She collapsed off of Aaliyah, and she fell to the ground, her arm still around the ever-growing colder Frodo. Aaliyah whinnied, and she nuzzled Arryn, as she tried to help her mistress. She shakily sat up, and she felt all cold. Aragorn saw his sister fall, and he knelt beside her. She struggled to sit up, but she could feel herself fading away like Frodo was. It was what she feared, it wouldn’t be much more time, before she became a Ringwraith, the same as Frodo.

“Are they going to die?” She heard Pippin ask.

“They are passing into the shadow world. They will soon become a Wraith like them…”

He was cut off, when they could hear the cries of the Ringwraithes, and it seemed as if, Frodo was trying to answer them.

“They’re close…” Arryn said, weakly. Aragorn turned to Sam.

“Sam, do you know the Athelas plant?”

“Athelas?”

“Kingsfoil?”

“Kingsfoil…aye…it’s a weed.”

“It may help to slow the poison. Hurry!”

Sam took off, and Aragorn went in the opposite direction. It had been a while, and neither Aragorn nor Sam had returned, and Arryn was starting to worry, just then, when she thought all hope was lost, she heard a familiar voice speak to both herself, and Frodo.

“Frodo, Arryn…Im Arwen. Telin le thaed. Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad…”
*Frodo, Arryn…I am Arwen - I've come to help you. Hear my voice… Come back to the light.*

Arryn tried to listen to Arwen, but the poison in her wound, was doing otherwise. Aragorn tore some Athelas, and popped some into his mouth, and he chewed it, to release some of the juices in the plant. He put it into Frodo, and Arryn’s wound. “They're not going to last. We must get them to my father. I’ve been looking for you for two days. There are 5 wraiths behind you, where the other four are, I do not know…” Arryn shakily stood up, and Aragorn helped her mount Aaliyah. She gave Frodo to Arwen.

“Dartho guin Beriain. Rych le ad tolthathon.” Aragorn said to Arwen, looking into her eyes
*Stay with the Hobbits - I will send horses for you.*

“Hon mabathon. Rochon ellint im…” Arwen said
*I'm the faster rider - I'll take him.*

“Andelu i ven.” Aragorn argued
*The road is too dangerous*

“Frodo and Arryn fîr. Ae athradon i hîr, tûr gwaith nîn beriatha hon.” Arwen replied
*Frodo, and Arryn are dying. If I can get across the river, the power of my people will protect them.*

“We do not fear them…” Arryn said, shakily.

“Be iest lîn.”
Aragorn knew that nothing he would say would change her mind.
*As you wish*

“Noro lim, Asfaloth, noro lim!” Arwen urged Asfaloth.
*'Run fast, Asfaloth, run fast!*

“Noro lim, Aaliyah, noro lim!” Arryn repeated to Aaliyah.
*Run fast, Aaliyah, run fast!*
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Night gave way for day, and the first few rays of light shone on the coats of Arryn’s and Arwen’s horses. Aaliyah, changed to midnight black, and she ran next to Asfaloth. They made it to a field, and Arryn realized something, she concentrated, and she began to hear the long, tall grass whisper to her.

‘They’re coming.’ She then heard something, which made her blood freeze. The cry of the Ringwraithes.

The Nine soon made their way to the fields, and they started to chase the horses. Luckily, for Arryn, the tall grass made a small wall around the horses... The tall grass turned to a wall of thorns. They made it through the thin forest, which was next to a river. Arryn, Arwen with Frodo, and they ran to the other side. The Nazgûls had to stop for their horses refused to go into the water, they began to buck, and scream, and they were too terrified to go into the water. With a spine-chilling voice, one of the riders; spoke to Arwen.

“Give up the Halfling, She-Elf!”
Arwen drew her sword.

“If you want him, come and claim him!”

The Riders started to force their horses into the clear river water, with their swords drawn, and over their heads.

“Nîn o Chithaeglir
lasto beth daer;
Rimmo nîn Bruinen
dan in Ulaer!”
Arwen chanted.
*Waters of the Misty Mountains
listen to the great word;
flow waters of Loudwater
against the Ringwraiths!*

The river water started to rise with great speed, the current beginning to get stronger. Soon enough, a giant wave came towards the Ringwraiths, with white watery horses at the crests. It washed away the foul beats, and it slowly took its normal form. Frodo started to slip off from the horses, Arwen laid him on the ground. Arryn slipped off Aaliyah as well, and as soon as her head it the ground, her eyes began to close.

“No! Arryn, Frodo…No! Frodo, Arryn, don’t give in! Not now!”

Arryn’s eyes closed, and darkness consumed her…