Status: Please comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading

Beauty and a Beast

Rivendell

She remembers darkness and fire. Dust. Black dust, full of evil and ash. She remembers a barren wasteland with dead bodies strewn everywhere, and blood staining the cold, hard earth. She could hear a familiar voice whisper her name on the wind, haunting her memory for so many years. She could hear the faint cry of a baby, and the scream of a woman, which seemed eerily familiar, bounced around in her head. She could hear a laugh ringing throughout her mind. She could feel the cold blade entering her back, and her life being consumed by darkness. She vaguely remembered her parents, but why would she always hear the scream of a woman, and the cry of a baby? She could see the outline of a face growing ever closer, and closer to her. Fire instead of eyes. A familiar face to her.

She sat upright in bed, sweating, her hand clutching her pendant, the other clutching the sheets around her. She shook her head, and her vision went back to normal. She looked around, at the familiar surroundings, and she smiled. It was her home. Rivendell. She turned to her left, and she saw a figure standing by the door. She smiled at the sight of her father.

“Creoso n’alaquel a’ Rivendell, Arryn…”

*welcome back to Rivendell, Arryn…”

She smiled warmly, at her father.

“Le hannon, atar…”

*thank you father…*

“There’s a bath drawn for you in the next room.”

Elrond said, before turning and leaving. She sat up, and stretched. As soon as her arm, reached its full length, she felt a sharp pain shoot up her arm. She stood up, and she walked into the next room. She slipped into the warm water, and she scrubbed the dirt, blood, and oil from her skin, and from her hair. She dried her hair out, and she brushed it. She found that a few dresses, had been laid out on the bench, near the dressing screen. She picked up a white one with long white, lacy sleeves, which narrowly missed sweeping the ground. She braided her hair, and she piled it to the back of her head. She walked out, and she didn’t get too far, when she saw Frodo being embraced by Merry, Sam and Pippin. If the other Hobbits were here, that meant that, Aragorn was here. Frodo looked up for a moment, and he saw Arryn. He smiled, and the other Halflings followed his gaze, and they saw Arryn.

“Arryn!”

She heard Pippin say. She knelt down, and she wrapped her arms around the four Hobbits.

“I see you’re on the mend, Frodo…” She said, giving him a gentle squeeze.

“What about you? How are you doing?” Sam asked.

“I’m feeling better…” She said, absentmindedly.

“Strider is looking forward to seeing you…”

Sam said. She smiled. She bid the Hobbits goodbye, and she went in look of Aragorn. She met him, when he was talking to Gandalf. He turned and he saw me, and he smiled. She hiked her skirts past her ankles, and she ran over to him. She hugged her brother tightly.

“Le ab-dollen” She said to Gandalf, with a smile on her face.
*You're late*

“You’re late…” Her brother smiled. She scowled.

“lle can il blame amin ten' mani happened. That was il my fault”

*You cannot blame me for what happened. That was not my fault*

Aragorn and Gandalf laughed. Arryn tried to keep a straight face, but she ended up laughing along with her brother.

“Amin am going a' auta see Aaliyah” She said.
*I am going to go see Aaliyah*

She turned and walked away. She arrived at Aaliyah’s stable.

“Quel amrun my mellon, Aaliyah…”

*Good morning my friend, Aaliyah…*

She said, soothingly. She nuzzled her mistress’ shoulder, clearly happy to see her.

“I’m happy to see you too…”

She said, stroking her mane. She unlatched the stable handle, and she let her out. She mounted her, and she grabbed her archery items. Before she got too far, Aaliyah neighed, and she halted to a stop. She stopped in front of a familiar, older looking Halfling. Arryn gasped, and she slid off Aaliyah’s back.

“Bilbo!”

She smiled. Bilbo Baggins turned at the sound of his name, and he smiled when he saw Arryn.

“Jophiel!”

He smiled. She blushed, but she waved his compliment away. Jophiel meant the angel of beauty, and Bilbo insisted on that being her secret name.

“It is good to see you Bilbo, after so many years…”

She sighed. It had been too long since she had last seen the old Hobbit, and she felt bad, for not visiting him, but she was seeing him now. Aaliyah whinnied, she wanted to get going. Arryn and Bilbo laughed, Arryn kissed him on the head, and he turned and left. Arryn turned around, and she smacked into an elf. She stumbled back, and she looked to the ground in embarrassment.

“Amin am sorry…”
*I am sorry...*
She mumbled.

“Please. amin was i' er ya bumped e'a you. Amin am sorry"

*Please. I was the one who bumped into you. I am sorry…*

Arryn looked up at the elf, she had bumped into. He had long, light, blonde hair, and blue eyes. She felt herself blush.

“Your essa…?” He asked.
*Your name…*

“Arryn…”

She replied, dryly.

“Mara Mesta…”

*Good-bye*

She said, awkwardly, before walking around him. He turned and he watched her, mount her horse. She clicked her teeth, and her horse nickered, and she galloped away.

Arryn focused on getting to her destination, and when she arrived, she smiled. The archery fields.