You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

I'm Pregnant Now

Once I woke up in the morning, my head was just pounding. It hurt so bad! Holy shit! I’m never drinking again. Why the hell do I do this to myself?

Trying to ease the aching in my head, I nuzzled into my pillow… Or what I thought was my pillow. But last time I checked my pillow doesn’t chuckle whenever I move! I knew who it was too. And then everything came flood back to me. Fuck!

“Ok never drinking again,” I mumbled, trying to be… Nice. I mean… It wasn’t ideal to wake up naked next to… A naked Jake, but… I like the feeling of being in his arms right now.

“Pretty sure you’ve been through this before…” He snickered.

“Fuck,” I mumbled.

He chuckled softly again before pulling me in closer. It made things better… A little. I just didn’t want to talk about anything! But I knew it was coming! It was only a matter of time! He’s been wanting to talk. I’m in his room in his arms… We’re going to have to talk now. I don’t wanna!

Without warning, he pulled himself from me and went on to sit up to swing his feet onto the floor. He took a second to collect himself before he stood, showing me that he had at least put boxers on. That’s a relief. But I’m still exposed! Apparently, that was still on Jake’s mind too. He pushed himself to his feet and went over to his dresser. He pulled out a shirt and a pair of basketball shorts. Once he turned around, he walked over and tossed them to the bed and then ducked into the bathroom. While he was gone, I tried to hurry and throw these layers on and dash to my room. But just as I pulled his shirt over my head and was ready to jump out of his bed, he came back out. Damn it!

“Are you… ok enough to talk?” he asked and leaned against his dresser, looking back at me intently as he crossed his arms. Fuck, how does he look so good when he just got out of bed?! It may be because he’s half naked, but still!

“I don’t want to,” I confessed, cradling my head, refusing to look back up at him.

“This isn’t just going to go away if we don’t talk about it,” he huffed.

“We just had sex. What’s the big deal?” I tried to shrug it off.

“Uh… it’s kind of a huge deal,” he countered.

“Not if you… don’t think about it…”

“Ky,” I groaned, “This is going nowhere, so I’m going to just say it and you can take it anyway you want,” he went on.

I didn’t like this. His tone… I’ve never heard that come from him before ever. The need to look at him as he spoke came over me. Once our eyes met, he… started. Oh god, save me!

“I… like you,” he chuckled while shaking his head, “Even though you act like a hardass half the time and put on this bitch front, I… love being around you. And I honestly hated how things happened with us. I care about you, but I didn’t know and I still don’t know how you feel about me. And I certainly didn’t want our first time to be when we were both wasted, let alone yours. And now… our second time has been… when you were wasted and you probably don’t remember anything like before and…”

“No,” I stopped him before he could go on.

“No what?” he questioned.

“I remember,” my voice was so small and I couldn’t even look at him!

“Was it… that traumatic? Come on, Ky, talk to me,” he was getting annoyed.

“MaybeIlikeyoutoo,” I muttered.

“What?”

“I… like you too,” I pushed out, feeling everything in my stomach flutter. Oh man, I feel sick!

“Then why are we acting like this?” he softened his tone.

“Because you’re my friend!” I snapped.

“Friends can turn into more.”

“But… you’re Jake. You’re the guy I ride with… and sleep with when I’m drunk,” I teased towards the end, trying to lift the mood a bit.

“But I can be your boyfriend Jake…” he countered.

“Why? We can just skip that and get married,” I snickered while he started walking closer.

“Oh my gosh,” he laughed as he climbed back into bed, wrapping his arms around me… and I did nothing to fight against it.

“I mean… we’ve done everything else backwards,” I giggled now.

“Give me the time to plan a trip to Vegas,” he played along.

“So, can I tell you I’m pregnant now or…”

This time, his eyes grew wide and all I could do was laugh. He’s so gullible.

“I’m kidding!”

“… Really?”

“Yes, Jake,” I still laughed.

“Cause if you are, you can tell me. I’ll take care of you and…”

“I’m not!” I assured him.

“But we don’t know after last night,” he raised an eyebrow.

“I swear to god if you didn’t use a condom, I will slap you again,” I narrowed my gaze.

“You slap really hard too,” he brought his hand up to his cheek, the one that I had previously slapped.

I still glared, making him laugh and pull me in closer.

“You’re fine. I did,” he told me, “Not that you gave me that much time to get one…”

“Shut up,” I groaned.

Of course he just laughed. But he did press his lips to my forehead. It kind of calmed the whole situation. But I still didn’t know what we were. I like to think that we… may be going towards a… relationship. Oh my gosh, listen to me! I’m still drunk! I have to be! I’m talking about wanting to be in a relationship with… Jake. And thinking about being his girlfriend… makes me happy. I need another fucking drink. God damn it!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??