You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

What is That Thing?

Once I hung up the phone from my conversation with Kylee, I let out a deep breath and rubbed my forehead before throwing my phone on my bed and continued packing. I was so excited and so nervous about this trip. I knew I needed to calm myself down because I was worrying about nothing. Everything was going to be fine and this trip was going to be so much fun. Especially with having my best friend there...and her boyfriend...and his best friend. I quickly shook the thoughts of Wil out of my head.

Just as I zipped up my bag my phone rang. I quickly scooped it off the bed before checking the number, “Great,” I mumbled to myself.

“Hello Wil,” I answered.

‘Hey.’

“What can I help you with?”

‘I...uh...I wanted to make sure that you were really okay with me coming.’

I bit my lip to keep from letting out the squeak from the adorableness that was Wil Hahn, “I...um...”

‘I know things have been kind of awkward between us since the whole Mike thing,’ He cut me off, ‘So I would understand if you didn’t want me to go.’

“Wil,” I let out a sigh, “Of course I want you to go. It will be fun. And I’m uh...I’m sorry about everything. Maybe this trip will get us back to the not so awkward stage we were at.”

‘Hopefully,’ He said with a slight laugh. He paused for a few seconds, ‘Do you want me to pick you up on the way to Jake’s in the morning? I mean I go right by your place to get there.’

A genuine smile spread across my face although he couldn’t see it, “Sure. That sounds great.”

‘Awesome. Okay cool. I guess I’ll see you bright and early tomorrow.’

“Alright, I can’t wait.”

‘Me either, sleep well Hannah.’

“You too Wil, goodnight.”

‘Night.’

Once the two of us hung up I plugged my phone in and rechecked everything in my bags before I took them out of my room and set them next to the front door. The less I had to worry about in the morning the better. I laid out my travel clothes for the next morning in the bathroom before shutting all the lights off and climbing into bed. Tomorrow was going to be a real adventure.

Before I knew it my alarm was going off so with a yawn I headed into the bathroom to get ready for the roadtrip. Just as I was walking out of the bathroom there was a knock at my door so I quickly shoved my phone and charger into my shoulder bag before grabbing my Lotso pillow pet off the bed and heading towards the door.

“Oh you sweet boy!” I greeted Wil as he passed me a Starbucks coffee cup and a bagel once I opened the door, “Have I told you how much I love you lately?”

“No not lately,” He grinned at me.

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, “Thank you.”

His grin grew, “You’re welcome. Now is this it for the trip?” He gestured to the suitcase and backpack I had on the floor.

I let out a yawn as I nodded and he quickly scooped them off the floor, “Are you sure you have everything?”

“Yes Wilbur,” I said with a giggle.

“Okay good,” He slipped the backpack over his shoulder before raising his eyebrow at me, “What’s that?”

“What’s what?”

“That thing in your hands.”

“My pillow pet?”

“Sure yes that.”

“It’s Lotso from the third Toy Story.”

“You are a child.”

I shrugged at him, “I’m adorable.”

He laughed, “That’s true.”

I grinned at him before shutting off all the lights and following him out to his truck after locking up, “Thank you for carrying my stuff Wil.”

“No problem, now let’s get going, we’ll probably have to drag Kylee out of bed.”

I shook my head as he started the truck up, “No way, she is way too excited. It’s Jake we have to worry about.”

The two of us continued to jokingly bicker back and forth as we drove the short distance to Jake and Kylee’s.

Once we pulled in Kylee greeted us at the front door, “Jake won’t get up.”

“In your face Wilbur! Now go get your sandwich friend out of bed so we can go.”

Wil shook his head before taking off up the stairs. Kylee raised an eyebrow at me, “What was that about?”

“We were arguing over who would be still in bed. You or Jake. I said Jake of course.” I finished off the rest of my coffee before tossing it in the trash.

“So Wil picked you up I see.”

“And brought me coffee and a bagel.”

“Hmm.”

“Don’t give me that look Kylee.”

“I take it you two are going to be fine on this trip then.”

I gave a slight shrug, “I guess so.”

She clapped her hands together, “Good! That means you have no problem sitting next to him.”

I rolled my eyes, “No I don’t have a problem with that.”

The two boys finally came downstairs and Kylee passed a Monster off to Jake who quickly sucked it down before we all loaded up Jake’s massive truck up with our luggage. Soon enough we were headed down the freeway and my eyes were starting to get heavy as I curled up in the backseat with my head on my pillow pet which was resting on Wil’s lap. I knew I wasn’t going to hear the end of it from Kylee but at the moment I was too tired and too comfortable to care about what my best friend had to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah

commets please??