You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

I thought we were best friends!

“I am so confused right now. I don’t even know what I walked into,” I said as I watched Kylee limp into the living room.

When the two boys didn’t respond I turned my attention back to them only to see that they were debating on which half of the sandwich they wanted to take.

I raised an eyebrow at the two, “Well you enjoy that friendship sandwich.”

They both waved me off so I took Kylee’s lead and made my way into the living room with Cooper following behind me.

“Wait...that’s a dog. Where did that dog come from?”

“That’s Cooper,” Jake said grabbing the half of the sandwich that he wanted while Wil had his attention of the dog.

“That’s great but where did he come from?”

“Obviously he came with Hannah you idiot.” Kylee called from her place on the couch.

“Are you okay with dogs? I mean I can run him back to the shop if it’s a problem.”

“No no I love dogs an- Dammit Jake you took the half I wanted!”

Cooper hopped up on the couch and curled up next to Kylee, “The only boy in this house that I don’t hate,” she said as she scratched between his ears.

“I am still so confused on what happened when I got here.”

“Like I said on the phone, they were harassing me.”

“About?”

“Nothing!” Kylee was quick to blurt out.

“Oookay, if you don’t want to tell me that’s fine. I mean it not like I’m your best friend or anything....oh wait. Yes I am.” I didn’t even bother to turn to ask the guys because they were still too involved in their sandwiches, “Why is it that the guy you claim to hate knows what’s going on but me, your so-called best friend since kindergarten doesn’t know?”

“I didn’t tell him anything!”

“And yet somehow he knows.”

“He guessed. I had nothing to do with it. It was all Jake’s fault.”

“It’s Jake’s fault that you two did the nasty?” Wil said from his spot on the kitchen counter.

I began to choke on my drink, “Oh my God Wilbur you are such an ass and you probably just kill my friend!” Kylee shouted as I started coughing.

Wil began to laugh hysterically while Kylee continued to yell at him as I sat there coughing, finally Jake walked over to check on me.

“Are you okay?”

I could only shake my head until finally the coughing calmed down, “You...and...Kylee?!?” I managed to get out. Jake nodded softly, “And you didn’t bother to tell me?!” I yelled at Kylee.

“Well...I...”

I sat there stunned for a while, “I thought we were friends, I don’t even know who you are anymore! I had to find out from some stranger that you lost your virginity to Jake of all people.”

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know how to tell you.”

“Who did you lose your virginity to?” Wil asked after a while.

I looked over to see him staring intently at me, “I, on the other hand, am not lying when I say that I actually haven’t slept with someone.”

“You mean to tell me that you dated Mike Mason and never slept with him.”

I bit my lip as my cheeks heated up slightly, “Um yeah...that’s kind of one of the reasons we broke up.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah oh.”

The room fell silent for a few minutes, “So this got really awkward.” Wil finally said.

Kylee shot him a glare, “Yeah no thanks to you.”

“I knew I should have just stayed at the shop,” I groaned as the two continued to bicker back and forth. Today was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
It really is!

comments??