You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

I Don't Even Know You Buddy

“You would think that with how many years that I’ve known you and Jake that I would understand all this racing stuff.” I mumbled to Kylee as we got out of Jake’s truck.

She giggled a little, “I don’t think you will ever get it. I don’t know how many times Jake and I have tried to explain what a hole shot is.”

“Oh please Jake gave up after like one race.” I said with an eye roll.

“Wil isn’t going to give up so easily though.”

I sighed, “He is dedicated to getting me to know EVERYTHING but I am going to be a wonderful girlfriend and try to figure out what the hell he is talking about.”

Wil soon came running over, “Babe come on!” He grabbed my hand and I stared wide-eyed at Kylee as he tugged me along.

“Where are you taking me?!” I mouthed ‘Help me!’ back at my best friend as she started laughing at me. Some friend she was.

“I’m going to show you off. The guys don’t think you actually exist.”

I raised an eyebrow at me as he pulled me over to a trailer, “They what?”

“They don’t believe I have a girlfriend.”

He was greeted by a couple of guys as we walked up, “Hey riding with the enemy now? What’s up with that Wilbur?”

“My girlfriend wanted to ride with her best friend and I couldn’t turn her down.”

“Whoa whoa whoa, girlfriend? I don’t even know you buddy.” I said jokingly.

“I knew he didn’t have a girlfriend!”

“Shut up Eli!” Wil yelled at him before he pouted at me, “Babe.”

I smiled at him, “I’m just kidding.” I gave his hand a slight squeeze.

“So this is my girlfriend Hannah,” He went around and introduced me to his team.

“How did you meet this idiot?” One of the guys asked.

“Well my best friend is Kylee so we met at Jake and Kylee’s place quite a while ago and after some time and persuading he finally convinced me to be his girlfriend.”

“And now she lives with me,” Wil said with a smirk and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Wait you live with him?! That’s got to suck.”

I giggled a little, “It’s not too bad.”

He gave me a shocked look and I grinned at him, “I’m kidding. I love living with you.”

My phone went off and I excused myself to answer it, “Kylee?”

‘Hannah where are you? I need you.’

“I’m with Wil’s team. Where are you? I’ll come find you.”

‘I’m-I’m in the bathroom.’

“Everything okay? Are you feeling okay? Like with the baby?”

‘The baby is fine just please come quick.’

“Let me just tell Wil and I’ll be right there.”

We quickly hung up and I made my way over to Wil.

“Sorry to interrupt but I’ve got to go find Kylee.”

“Everything alright?”

I shrugged a little, “I’m not really sure what’s going on with her but I’ve got to go.”

He nodded his head, “I’ll find you later.”

“Alright,” I gave him a quick peck, “Nice to meet you boys.” I gave them all a slight wave
before I headed towards the bathroom.

When I walked in I saw Kylee leaning against the sink, “What’s going on Ky?”

“Jake’s ex-girlfriend is here.”

I gave her a wide-eyed look, “Wait, the ex who kept trying to break your friendship up?”

She nodded, “She’s one of the Monster girls now.”

“Did you know?”

She shook her head, “I had no idea. Jake didn’t tell me.”

“Wow.”

“And now I’m all fat and she looks like a model and Jake’s going to see her and want her
instead of me…”

“KYLEE! You aren’t fat you are pregnant with his baby and he couldn’t be happier about
that fact. He loves you so much and he wants nobody else but you.”

“She’s going to try to steal him back. I just know it.”

“Hey! He can’t be stolen. There is no way he would leave you. Especially not for that stupid girl. There is no way.”

She shook her head.

“I think you need to talk to Jake.”

“No! I can’t talk to him about this. Especially not right before he is about to race.”

“Well you can’t keep stressing about this. It’s not good for the baby and you know that boy loves you more than anything.”

She took a deep breath and brushed a few stray tears away, “Yeah, okay.”

“Now come on. No thinking about this anymore. You’ve got your man to cheer on.”

She nodded and pulled me into a hug, “I’m so glad you came on this trip.”

“No problem. I’m always here if you need me. Now let’s go watch Jake kick some ass.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah

comment??