You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Yoga Shorts and Baby Books

“Wow Wil...we really need to work on your flexibility.” I let out a little giggle as he tried another yoga pose.

“What’s wrong with my flexibility?”

Kylee and I both looked at him before bursting out laughing, “Are you serious?” I walked over to him and tried to push his hips into the right position but it just caused him to fall over, “That’s what’s wrong with your flexibility. Don’t worry babe, we’ll work on it together.”

He let a finger slip into the leg of my shorts before pulling it out and letting it snap back against my thigh, “Do I get to see you in more of these shorts?”

I rolled my eyes, “Yes Wilbur, when I do yoga I tend to wear yoga shorts.”

“Then I am all for it.”

“Will you two stop? Ugh.”

“Sorry Kylee,” I grinned at her before letting out a squeak when Wil gave my butt a smack.

“You two are awful,” Kylee said with a roll of her eyes.

“Oh hush we have never been as bad as you and Jake.”

She let out a sigh at the mention of Jake, “I miss him.”

I threw on a sweatshirt and zipped it up before taking a seat next to her on the couch. I turned the tv off, “I think that’s enough yoga for now.”

Wil let out a groan before standing up, “Fine I’m going out to the garage and I’m taking the dog with me.”

I rolled my eyes at him and waved him off, “Yeah yeah that’s fine.” I handed Kylee a water bottle before taking a long drink from mine, “What’s wrong Ky?”

“I just miss Jake.”

“Why didn’t you go with him this weekend?”

She shrugged, “I didn’t want to see Michelle.”

“Kylee seriously, you can’t let her get to you.”

“But she is just so skinny and pretty and able to do what she loves right now and I’m stuck here fat, unable to race, and only getting fatter as the days go on.”

“You aren’t fat! You are pregnant! You are forming a family with Jake and he is so excited to have this baby with you. He doesn’t even give Michelle a second thought.” I bit my lip before a smile came over my face, “I know what’s going to cheer you up.”

“What?”

“You have your doctor’s appointment on Monday. You get to have an ultrasound done. You can see your little baby!”

A big grin spread across her face, “Oh my God, I totally forgot about that.”

“And...I got you a little something while we were at the mall. I was going to wait until Monday but oh well.” I handed her a bag, “Now it isn’t much. This is just the beginning of all the gifts this baby and its mommy are going to get from Auntie Hannah.”

Kylee gave me a small smile before pulling the book out of the bag. “Awwww baby name book.”

“I mean I know you don’t even know what you are having yet but I thought it would be nice for you and Jake to go through and come up with a list for both girl and boy names you both like.”

“Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome, I just thought it was a little thing I could get you now until we find out what you are having and....Kylee why are you crying?!”

She brushed the tears away, “It was just so sweet and this pregnancy emotions are going a bit crazy right now...And just thanks for being a wonderful best friend.”

I pulled Kylee into a hug, “Aww Ky! You silly girl, I know you would do the exact same thing for me.”

She nodded and squeezed me tighter, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

She let a little laugh out before brushing the rest of the tears away, “Now can this weekend be over so I can see my man again?”

I gave her another hug before laughing, “I’ll try to make it go by fast for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hannah

Comment??