You'd Be My Sun; You'd Be My Light

Kid Is So Awkward

“You… ok?” I asked Hannah after the room held an awkward silence for nearly a full minute… a very long, painful minute!

“You two won’t shut the hell up!” she grumbled, “And Mike’s out there,” she added, sighing now.

“Why?” I know it was dumb to ask, but… it just came out! I can’t help it!

“Hell if I know! I had an appointment and… he shows up,” she huffed.

“Don’t talk to him,” I encouraged her.

“Oh, I’m not about to,” she replied, making me feel a little better about this situation.

“Should I… go say something?” Wil snickered.

“And do what? You’re a whole four feet tall,” I just couldn’t keep it to myself.

“Thanks, but that’s ok, Wil,” Hannah stepped in before he could rattle off something.

He nodded and leaned against a shelf, letting silence fall over the room once again. I felt bad now. I didn’t know what to say to her. I don’t care too much for Mike and she knows it. Ever since they broke up, I have nothing nice to say about the man. I figured reminding her of this would just make things worse… like Wil and I’s bickering did…

“So… what did you come in here ranting on about?” Hannah was the first to speak, bringing her gaze up to me.

“Um… it’s kind of… personal,” I shifted my eyes towards Wil quickly before returning them to hers, hoping she got the hint.

“I already know about you and Jake. What would have happened that would make anything else seem bad?” he snickered.

“He kissed me last night,” I groaned before falling into a chair.

Hannah’s whole face lit up and her eyes seemed like they were going to pop right out of their sockets. Oh my gosh! It’s not that big of a deal!

“And?!” she questioned.

“And… I… may have… slapped him…” I muttered, feeling terrible about it.

“You what?!”

“That… that does not surprise me,” Wil butted in.

“It was terrible,” I complained, hiding my face in my hands.

“The kiss or…”

“I slapped him! I didn’t mean to! It just happened and… we haven’t talked to each other since.”

“Should I… talk to him?” Wil questioned.

“NO!” I threw over at him, but of course Hannah had the opposite response, shouting yes at the guy. “Ah! I don’t know what to do! It’s so awkward at home,” I went on.

“Well, I would assume. You did slap the guy…” Wil chuckled.

“His face though. I am such a horrible person. He wanted to talk and I wouldn’t and then he was just there and… his lips were on mine and then…”

“Your hand made aggressive contact with his face,” Hannah was trying to hold in her giggle. “Yeah, I’m with Wil. That doesn’t really surprise me.”

“Wil, make it better!” I muttered.

“So now you want my help?” he raised an eyebrow.

“He’s your friend! At least go find out how he’s feeling… and tell him I don’t hate him,” I whined.

“Ok, I’ll go find him,” he huffed playfully while dragging his feet the whole way to the door.

Once he was gone, I let out another sigh and sunk into the chair.

“What is wrong with each of our love lives?” I laughed now.

“A lot,” Hannah agreed.

“How are you going to give Mike the boot this time?” I changed subjects.

“I already changed my number! I swear the only thing I haven’t changed is my address.”

“You can stay with Jake and I for a while,” I invited her.

“And be around the awkwardness? No thanks,” she shook her head.

“What if… Wil stayed too?” I couldn’t help but smirk.

“What would that have to do with anything?”

“He likes you,” I cooed, trying to contain my smile.

“Oh whatever,” she rolled her eyes.

“That kid is so awkward! And when he’s around you, he’s even more awkward!” giggled.

“We’ve only known each other for like two days.”

“So!”

“Besides, you and Jake seem to be pretty awkward right now. What’s that say about you two? Hm?!” she… had me there.

I just went on to sigh once more. That seems to be the only thing I can do at this point. I don’t know what’s running through Jake’s head… and I sure as hell can’t get a grasp on what’s going through mine. But until I figure it out, I’m going to be right here with Hannah… making sure her douchey ex doesn’t do anything stupid!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ky

Comment??