Fear

Unrealistic

The obvious emotions flowed through Jessica Jonas.
Happiness, overjoyed to see her daughter alive and breathing.
Then the anger filled her to know her daughter was never in danger.
Well as it seemed to Jessica Jonas.

"Londyn" Jessica dropped her purse and ran toward her daughter.

"You're okay" Jessica stated examining Londyn carefully.

Londyn controlled her unsteady heartbeat. She donned a fake reassuring smile "Of course I am"

Londyn would never put her danger to light to her mother. She would never put her family in any sort of danger.

"Who is Bane?"

Londyn held in her sudden urge to grimace at her mothers question.
Londyn thought quickly and she summoned up such a unrealistic possibility.

"He is my boyfriend" she stammered slightly. It felt odd to say.

"That's a odd name" Jessica commented reflexively.

"Wait" Jessica paused "Boyfriend?" She asked incredulously. "Oh your father knew it"

Londyn pressed her lips together.

"He is here?" Jessica's gaze fell toward the empty apartment.

"No" Londyn said quickly almost shouting. "He is away"

Her gaze fell to her suitcase. "I am traveling with him"

Jessica shoulders slumped. "Do you have any idea how worried we were?"

"I know but" Londyn found it was easy to lie to Jessica "I was away with Bane"

"And no phone call?" Jessica glared.

"I am so sorry" Londyn said sincerely. As her green eyes were brimmed with tears.

Jessica stood before Londyn her expression softening. She sighed. "I'm just so happy you're okay"

Jessica took her daughter in her arms and held her tight to her chest. Londyn closed her eyes taking in the warmth in her mothers grasp.

"Tell me about your boyfriend"

"I rather not" Londyn burst into laughter.

"How long have you been seeing him?"

"Six months" Londyn mused.

"That is.." Jessica eyes narrowed "Seems serious"

Londyn longest relationship was barely three months. Jessica knew her daughters love routine.

"Oh it is" Londyn said dryly.

"Come home with me"

Londyn whole body seemed to ache in that moment. "Mom.." She trailed off not finding the right words.

"Bill will take you home"

Londyn brows furrowed "Bill?" She asked.

Bill Jacobs had been with the family since Londyn was born. Bill is also Marks best friend and business partner.

"He came with me this weekend. I was coming here for months now" Jessica babbled.

Londyn caught her breath. "Where is he right now?"

Bane.
The man clouded Londyn thoughts. He would surely come to her since Londyn was taking her time.

"Bill is in the car waiting"

"Oh good" Londyn exclaimed. "I have to go"

Jessica brows raised meeting Londyn's gaze sharply. "Londyn.."

"Mom, I am completely fine"

It wasn't a lie. It wasn't the truth either.
It seemed Londyn was in the between.

"Okay honey" Jessica nodded a frown forming her lips.

"Please be careful" Londyn urged.

Jessica embraced Londyn gently. Londyn clung to her mother.
And felt the tears stinging her eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm just so happy" Londyn lips raised as she cried.

"Oh honey" Jessica hugged her tightly. "Send your boyfriend my regards"

Londyn held a sour expression as her mother rubbed her back. "I will"

"Oh, I have something for you" Jessica reached behind her hair and unclasped the necklace that was visible around her neck.

"It's for your travels" Jessica smiled lightly. "It has brought me luck"

Londyn grasp the necklace in her hands and controlled the tears that wanted to escape from her eyelids.
On the necklace it held a simple gold compass.
It had brought the older women luck as she traveled around the world.

"The compass will help you find your way home"

"I can't take this" Londyn mumbled.

"Oh you will" Jessica laughed taking Londyn's hair and placing it on her shoulder.

Jessica clasped the necklace on Londyn's neck in a swift motion. "Try to write,Call what ever is possible" Jessica murmured.

"Are you happy?" Jessica whispered.

"Yes" Londyn nodded.

Jessica smiled and patted her daughters back. "I love you"

"Oh I love you mom" Londyn wrapped her arms around Jessica and squeezed her tight.

"Be safe"

Jessica placed her hand on Londyn's cheek "Tell dad I love him" Londyn said quickly.

"I will" Jessica said and lightly placed her lips on her daughters forehead.

"So long darling"

Londyn watched her mother leave her apartment with clouded eyes.
Her limbs began to shake with fear.
Londyn ran to the bay window and peered out to watch Jessica climbed into the Chevrolet.
She's safe. Londyn shoulders slumped relief filling her bones.
The thought of Bane sent her running out of the room for a second time.
She lowered herself and grasped the suitcase once more.
Londyn hurriedly stepped forward and met a solid chest in front of her.
Londyn gasped jumping back meeting blue eyes.

"I'm sorry I took so long" Londyn murmured avoiding his intense gaze.

"That women resembled you in a great way"

Londyn eyes widen and suddenly her body seemed to freeze with the fear of Bane words.

"Same color eyes" Bane murmured.

"Bane-" Londyn choked terrified.

Bane interrupted her in a swift motion of raising his hand. "I will not cause your mother no harm"

"Thank you" Londyn breath seeming dazed.

"I would like to know what you told her" Bane nodded.

Londyn winced feeling uncomfortable. "I told her that.." She met his curious gaze. "We were dating" She said quickly lowering her gaze.

Bane eyes crinkled and he took hold of her suitcase.
The contraption let out a rumble of laughter.

"That is unrealistic Londyn"
________________________________

Bane drove through the streets of Gothem. His gaze lingering on the citizens taking in there shallowness and hatred.
Bane was suddenly sicken at the sight of the filth of the city.
Soon Gothem City will be cleansed of the filth. Bane looked forward to force the justice.
It was his destiny. So it shall be.
Absently Bane shifted his gaze to the petite girl beside him.
The girl leaned against the leather interior her head turned to the window. Bane frowned behind his contraption.
What had the girl worried?
Then, her green eyes wonder to meet his. Bane lowered his gaze to watch her lips raise into a smile.
Londyn turned her body toward Bane.
Her hands fumbled toward the knob to the radio.

"What are you doing?" Bane caught her hand midway.

Londyn's eyes narrowed "Listening to music" It was more of a question.

"Absolutely not"

Bane mused over the fact that she held interest in listening to the music.
He watched as her lips turned into pout.
Bane held the snicker in to know that the girl was absurd and also a childish.
Or maybe it was the fact that she didn't get her way? Maybe it was a female reflex.
Bane did not know.

"One song"

"I do not desire to listen to music"

Londyn grinned seeing the opportunity to test his patience. "I do" she chirped besides Bane. "Do you have a specific genre of music you listen to?" She teased.

"Enough Londyn"

"I'm curious"

"Londyn" He glared at her sharply "Enough"

Londyn turned her gaze away from him quickly. Bane chest rumbled in amusement.
The truck eased to a stop causing Londyn to peer out the tinted window.

"What?" She began utterly confused "Why are we here?"

"The complex is vacant"

Londyn grumbled at the tall building.
She did not wish to stay here.
Londyn did not want to kid herself. She would stay in a box if Bane was right beside her.

"Okay" She nodded.

The pair stepped out into the night.
Londyn gripped her suitcase and pulled tightly.

"Allow me" Bane sighed and effortlessly took the case into his arms.

"Show off" Londyn muttered nudging him.

Bane smiled and waited patiently for the girl to gather her duffel bag.
Londyn managed and stepped into tow with Bane.
The glass door was opened and the pair walked swiftly toward the elevator.
Bane lowered his finger to press the button to the complex on the highest floor of the building.
The button read in neat script : Daggett
Londyn lips twitched nervously.
Her gaze lifted to peer up at Bane. He stood calmly beside her.

"There is nothing to fear"

Londyn swallowed the dry lump that was lodge in her throat.
Londyn feared the unknown.
Suddenly a hand reached her own and gave her a reassuring squeeze.
Londyn calmed her self to note that Bane gave her some sort of comfort.
Her heart soared in her chest to feel the sensation of Banes touch.

"You are protected" Bane reminded her as the elevators door opened to reveal Barsad patiently waiting.

At the sight of the man Londyn smiled to know Barsad was still with the pair.

"Every thing is according to your requests" Barsad said nodding to Londyn.

"Excellent" Bane said.

Two men guarding the double doors greeted Bane with a nod.
The men opened the double doors and Londyn was led through open doors by Bane and Barsad.
Londyn took in the complex sharply.
The apartment was vacant indeed.
A bare simple kitchen was in the corner of the apartment. All of the appliances were steal. The kitchen was plain in holding a steal kitchen counter top and stools.
In the corner of the room was neatly stacked weights and gym attire.
Londyn locked eyes on a white leather sofa and plasma television.
Oh thank god she thought.

"You may leave" Bane turned to Barsad.

Barsad lowered his head and turned to Londyn giving her a small smile.
Londyn waved goodbye.
Bane watched amused by the pair.

"Come"

Londyn was led into a square room. Bane placed her suitcase down.
The room held a large bed and dresser. Nothing more.
Two doors were across from each other.

"I will be staying in the next room"

Londyn brows furrowed. "Why-" She began but held her tongue.

"Surely you want your own dorm?" Bane questioned.

"Sure" Londyn shoulder raised.

Bane nodded and turned to the door that held his own bed.
It was gesture. The girl could of rejected the room and resided with him as she once did.
Bane lips twitched behind his mask.

"Goodnight"

Londyn smiled "Goodnight Bane"

She watched Bane exit her dorm with a frown visible on her features.
Londyn gazed at the bed and scowled.
Suddenly for the first time Londyn dreaded to sleep.
Bane would not be beside her as she slept.
The realization of being alone held no promise of Londyn sleeping any time soon.
___________________________

Londyn's body rolled all over the large bed. She was restless and could not summon up the urge to rest her eyes.
She griped her rock tightly in her hands.
Londyn gaze lowered to the door and saw the light creaked out of the door. Bane was awake.
Londyn grumbled and threw her head back sighing.
Londyn could not sleep without the man present in the room. She found herself blaming the man.

"Screw it" she whispered.

In her short pajamas and long sleeve shirt she crawled out of the bed.
Londyn crept to the door and knocked lightly on the door.
The door was abruptly pulled open.
The light shone against Londyn face brightly.
Bane stood facing her and she quickly noticed his bare chest.

"I can't sleep" Londyn whispered meeting his abnormal eyes.

Bane chest rumbled with the satisfaction.
He stepped from the doorway and allowed her in.
Londyn quickly crawled into Banes bed covering herself with the thick covers.

"There is no need for my room" she informed him. "I rather sleep here"

Londyn tried to sound light as she told him. But her racing heart and blush told him otherwise.

"You are welcome to sleep here" Bane said nodding.

Londyn beamed at him and sank deeper into his bed.

"I just couldn't sleep"

Oh no. She thought.

"Why is that?"

Londyn brought that question on herself.
"I have a hard time sleeping alone" she shrugged.

Bane smiled behind his contraption. He was aware of her sleeping routine. He planned it himself. The girl was so attached to him she couldn't sleep alone.
But he didn't mind this at all.
That irked him.

Londyn closed her eyes feeling the exhaustion from the day.

"I will turn your room into the gym"

Londyn raised her head and smiled lazily at Bane. "Good idea"

Bane chuckled at the sight of the girl.
"Sleep well Londyn"

Her heart to full effect of his words. Her pulse beated frantically in her wrist and ears. Londyn allowed herself to feel the impact of Banes words. She marveled at the idea.
Finally Londyn fell asleep in the comfort of knowing Bane was right beside her.

It was unrealistic to the pair. To be involved with one another.
Londyn and Bane had just not realized it yet that they both were more than involved.
Surely it was a possibility.
Anything could happen in Gothem city.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait :(

❤ Leave me comments ❤

And of course thank you guys for reading ❤☺❤
Love you guys I really appreciate it. ✌