Status: In progress

Love Bites

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Alex resolved he’d walk Jack back to his own home and get him into bed before stepping out to feed. It shouldn’t be that hard – Jack was borderline drunk. This would be almost too easy for Alex to get away without an explanation. He was in the clear.
Or so he thought, until that control-shattering moment when Jack fell down onto the ground and cut open his hand. Alex had been walking slightly in front of him, wringing out his hands to keep himself from attacking anyone within a mile range. He was so wrapped up in trying not to kill anyone that when he finally realized what had happened, it was too late. The pungent smell of blood touched his nostrils, and before Alex could even think to stop himself or reign in his instincts, he was in Jack’s face, yanking up the bloody palm to his own face.
Alex could feel his eyes grow red and dark, and his jaw fell open to reveal his unusually sharp teeth. Lust overtook him and the scent of the sweet, mouth-watering liquid sent him over the edge. Faster than the blink of an eye, Alex sank his teeth into the open wound on Jack’s palm, drinking the blood that drove him into this frenzy.
He could faintly hear shouting, but it was muted by the loud, lush beating heart right in front of him. It cried out frantically for attention. Just one snap of the neck and he could –
“Alex!” he suddenly heard, destroying his state of frenzy.
His eyes snapped up to see a horrified Jack, tears dripping down his face and onto his t-shirt that was now stained with spatters of blood. He retracted his hand, cradling it to his chest and taking a few terrified steps back from Alex.
“J-Jack,” Alex stammered.
He couldn’t even register what he had just done until now.
“Please, don’t hurt me,” Jack sobbed, retreating into the opposite direction.
“Jack, please, I can – I can explain! I never meant to-”
“No!” Jack cried.
He began to break into a sprint down the dark, empty street. Alex watched him run away – away from the monster he had become. He watched Jack flee in fear. How could he have lost control like that? Alex would NEVER intentionally hurt Jack – he was everything. If anything, Alex was supposed to be protecting him. This was never supposed to have happened. Alex let out an angry, broken huff before spinning around and sprinting back to his sad excuse for a home. Who was he fooling? The only home Alex had was Jack, and now he was certain that was all gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler im sorry ugh