Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Prologue - Emily - Past

~Bullies are just ignorant.~
-Josh Hutcherson-

“Hey loser! Where you going!” A taunting voice calls from behind me.

I adjust my backpack on my shoulder and quicken my pace.

“Hey, I was talking to you!” He calls from behind me and I hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to me.

I consider running, but I know he’ll catch me. Too soon he is in front of me.

“I was talking to you. Didn’t anyone ever teach you it’s rude to ignore people?” He grabs my shoulders and gives me a good shake. I don't reply.
“Well, I guess it’s up to me.”

Skin meets skin, and I’m lying on the hard concrete, my cheek stinging from the blow.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you it’s rude to hit a girl?” I snap back, glaring at him.

His face goes from shocked (for once I stood up for myself) to angry. “Look you little freak of nature, you think you’re all that?” He gives me a good kick to the stomach.

I gasp from the pain, tears escaping from my eyes. “Well, you’re not. You are nothing but a stupid…ugly…fat…girl who is a waste of space.” With every hurtful word, he kicks me.

I am crying hard, pain spreading everywhere.

He crouched down to my level and roughly made me look at him. “You’re such a cry-baby too.” With that he gets up and walks away, not looking back at me once.

I slowly get up, my body bruised. I brush myself off and walk to my best friend Crystal’s house. I really need someone to talk to about him.

“And to think he used to be my best friend.” I muttered on the way there.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is in the past and the next chapter will be in the present.
Please comment! :)