Status: I will try and update every week :)

Forbidden Sunset

Taken - Emily - Present

~My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing.~
-Emo Philips-

“Nice workout today Em.” My coach comments as we walk out of the gym.

“Thanks Coach. You up for some ice cream?” I reply.

“Sorry, I’m going to have to pass. My wife’s sister is over with her kids, and she needs all the help she can get.”

We both laugh, and a few seconds later we’re at his car.

“You want a ride home?” He asks, unlocking the vehicle.

“No thanks. I only live 4 blocks away from here.” I respond.

“You sure? It is 10:30 at night, not to mention it’s pitch black.” He pushed.

I shook my head. “It’s alright. And even if there were creeps out there, I know how to take them down.”

I get in a fighting stance, with a fierce look of determination on my face. Coach laughed and got into his car.

“Alright then. Have a nice night Emily.” And then my coach (who was my dad's best friend and I have know since I was three) drove off into the night.

When I look back on it, maybe I should have taken his offer.

Image


I'm walking on the sidewalk, only 2 blocks away from my home when a deep male voice asked from behind me,"Where you think you’re going beautiful?"

I keep moving forward, my pace quickening.

Another man appears in front of me. He isn't wearing a ski mask and I can see his pericing green eyes and high cheekbones.
“Trying to ignore us dear?” He asks.

I roll my eyes and step around him, only to be faced with another clothed figure also not wearing a mask.
“Want to dance, pretty lady?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

Even though these men weren't drunk, they were obviously stupid. They didn't have any weapons and their faces completly shown. It would be to easy for me to report them.

“Alright, let’s dance.” I agree. I drop my bag to the side and get into a fighting stance.
I see the smirk drop from his face and it is my turn to grin. I deliver a turning kick to his face and 2 forward jabs to his chest. He does down fast.

I turn to the other 2, whose faces are covered with shock. While they’re “frozen” I roundhouse kick the one who’s closest to me, followed by a knee strike to the chest. The second has fallen.

The last way looks way tougher, and he is already in a fighting stance. I look into his beady black eyes and muscular arms while I think of a plan. I think for a moment and get ready to fight.

He goes to give me an uppercut punch to the face, but I duck right in time. His fist slams into a lightpost and I hear a few bones breaking. He doesn’t look wounded, but I pay no attention to that. I execute a roundhouse kick to his face and then a turning kick to his side. Then I knee his where-the-sun-don’t-shine and he’s down.

While I was fighting him, I didn’t realize one of the others had gotten up until it was too late. He wrapped an arm around my waist, hugging me close to his body.

“Let me go!” I scream, trying to twist free.

“Sorry love can’t do that.” He whispered into my ear and pressed a scented cloth to my mouth.

I tried to fight it, but my body grew weaker every passing moment.

I slipped into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think? The next chapter is told in Jake's P.O.V. and it is in the past.
Please comment! :)